Is HL2 screwed for anyone else?

dru

Reaction score
my hl2 is seriously ****ed, excuse my foreign languages, i got about 2-3 days of play out of this game, before it started to download itself again, well not all of itself, only about 45%, which was 840 meg. considering this game was a complete dissappointment compared to the promo (you dont agree i know, but this is my opinion, and i respect all of yours as well), i dont know why i decided to download it on my extremely slow 56k. this isnt any normal 56k, this is the slowest 56k youve ever known to exist.

anyway, on with the story, after about 1 and a half weeks, it finished downloading, on this same day, the new hl2sdk and hl2dm came out, so i got them before loading up hl2 and playing again. they didnt work, i dont know why, but for some stupid reason i decided to reinstall hl2 from the disc, and give it a shot then, but no, after all that, and another 6 gig taken up on my hard-drive (for installing things over already existing things?? wtf..) i load up steam to realize that hl2dm is gone, my sdk is gone, and hl2 needs another 52% downloaded, thats 870 meg. what the ****. what is wrong with steam to make me go through this crap. not to mention what i went through for this game, a year and a half almost, of extremely anxiously waiting for it, i got a job for this game, i spent $600 upgrading my pc for it, i spent $180 on a dvd writer so i could buy the $130 version of the game that came with a special dvd version of it (for an extra 40 bucks over the normal disc version). all of this, and what do i get, 3 days of play? i havent even recieved my new video card yet and got my one and only hl2 experience off a crappy geforce2mx.

if anyone can explain why this is all just a giant piece of bullshit please do, i wouldnt mind playing half-life 2 some time in the future. thanks for listening to my crap :)

Is HL2 screwed for anyone else? YES
No offense, but christ, read the threads. This could easily have been posted in one started already.

And as always, welcome to the forums.

yeah thanks man, i just realized that after i read through the top few while waiting for a reply to this. i know people cant get into games, but why must i continue to download a game that i bought? even after i already downloaded it once..

Back