Is Holdout Dead!?

wolvesrdogs

Reaction score
Ive been waiting ages to play this mod over half a year and now some idiot has wrecked it for everyone, go to this website, www.hl2holdout.com they have made the mods site into the person who wrecked it's offical Douche hompage, the guys name is Curman and its got theme music and everything.

Why...why am i looking at a website called "official curman is a douche website"

Don't let him touch your privates!
wHAT!

And samurai panda killed himself when his girlfriend left? INTERNET GIRLFRIEND MIND YOU.

This is all extremely confusing.
/me runs the **** out of this thread!

I have no idea about this mod or the people doing it. But if they really wanted to do it they would have carried on with it and forgotten about the people that ruined it.

The site got hacked, and the hacker placed those things on the frontpage.

Actually, if you read the page (especially the part near the end), you'll see that this is some kind of payback page, probably placed there by this Wilko person who I think was the mod leader. Apparently this curman person single handedly trolled the dev team so much they just called it quits.

Bizarre, stupid, childish, kind of amusing.

Insane said:
The site got hacked, and the hacker placed those things on the frontpage.
[SARCASM]
the sherlock holmes award goes to?[/SARCASM]

Dammit.

I knew this day would happen :(

I'm a known person there, and Curman is simply a huge **** that loves to troll and flame people. We put up with it at first, but then he got banned.

EDIT : Lol, just read the entire guestbook; Wilko (the owner of the site) simply lost it and has gone haywire :p

Yes, I'm sure this 'curman' would hack a site and make it one big insult of... himself. If I read that page right (and I did), no site was haxored. This page is simply a childish insult game put up by the leader (Wilko) of this defunct mod, because his team couldn't deal with one stupid troll. Looks like the two of them are both sad cases, so I hope they have fun together.

Too bad about HL2 Holdout... nah actually I don't care.

Well I do care, the mod was looking great, although progress was coming along slowly. It's probably just the combination of factors, being :

Curman bypassing IP bans
SamuraiPanda, the music developer being found out that he steals the music
Coming and going of many mod devs (Like Truth, and others)
Random E-drama (Like : I4M GOING TO KILL MYSELF, or : I R LEAVING TEH MOD)
The fact that no one on the forums actually cared, myself included, we just stayed away
The fact that Wilko indeed sometimes is a bit selfish
Wilko and Curman being on the same forums
Only two moderators for a site that is being spammed

I hope they pick it up again, I've got some ideas to keep Curman and his army of mingebags away :p

theGreenBunny said:
Too bad about HL2 Holdout... nah actually I don't care.
quoted for ennui agreement. immature team, as proven by that site.

Sulkdodds said:
Sounds like the Apocalypse Now of mods.

Yes, with Wilko standing in for a portly Colonel Kurtz and this Curman guy travelling down the Internet to ruin the mod.

And come to think of it, they probably did shoot some Vietnamese children along the way.

Back