is it me or.....??

barnett

Reaction score
do the bodies in CSS seem way too heavy? On many occasions I have seen a grenade land next to an enemy or teammate and only blast them about 2 feet across the floor?

It just seems they are going for realism with this game yet greandes dont seem to do much in the ways of physics. Yes the phsyics are brilliant and that but if a grenade was to land next to someone I think they would go flying 10+ft instead of 2ft

Grenades send shrapnel through people, they dont actually blow them backwards.
Its just a bunch of little peices of metal that rips in to people to make them die. They may get knocked backwards, but they dont fly backwards.

Dulrough said:
Its just a bunch of little peices of metal that rips in to people to make them die. They may get knocked backwards, but they dont fly backwards.

You my friend know to much about this :p

You are more likely to survive a grenade if it goes of right next to you than you are if you are a few feet away. As Dulrough said, its the shrapnel thats the killer. Sure, the explosion might blow a messy hole in you or blow your arm off, but shrapnel is nasty.

Dulrough said:
thats how fragmentation grenades work. They are the most common and are used in the US army

The grenades used in CS:S are HE (high explosion) grenades which do explode

Dulrough said:
Grenades send shrapnel through people...
Correct.

they dont actually blow them backwards.
Incorrect. How do you think that the shrapnel are "thown" from the grenade? It's an explosion. A huge amount of overprssure is created by the explosion which breaks up the grenade casing in fragments which are deadly within at much greater ranges than any game pretends. Within 5 meters everyone will die from the pressure alone.

Back