Is it safe to delete the contents in this folder?

Lazy_Moron

Reaction score
The folder called downloads, that is located at C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR STEAM NAME HERE\counter-strike source\cstrike\downloads, has over 100mb of data on my comp. Im just wondering if I can delete that data, since I believe its the folder where CS downloads, mods, and other data when you connect to a server. Ive been reading around to improve loading times since mine loading times been taking minutes lately, when they used to be seconds. So im just wondering if this would help any. Have any other suggestions to improve load time, please reply and tell me them.

I'd like to know this too. My 'downloads' folder has 840 .dat files, a total of 55.1mb. :sleep: I never knew about this folder till I read this thread, so... I'd also like to know what these files are, and if I can delete them. :p

Yeah I have 100mb of data. I heard some people talking about deleting a specific file, but couldnt find it, so i think that is to the old cs. But anyways, what is the purpose of this folder? How can I improve my load times so they go to seconds again?

i think it is temporary files, but i deleted mine a couple days ago, its fine.
I think it is like the sprays and info you download when u go in a server or something, but that is a guess.

-NonStopableForce

just cut the stuff and paste it elsewhere.
Start the game and play it for some time.
If all worx u can delete.. if not paste it back :)
Its easy

These are the sprays you have downloaded of servers, it is safe to delete.

Mine is 1,876 files... ehh...

How do you check how much it totals... I'm interested to find out.

Well, it doesn't decrease load times for me after deleteing it.

Mine isnt even a MB, since i disabled seeing sprays due to most people have these fake CT/T's stuck everywhere ;)

Back