Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Half Life 2: DeathMatch

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Both are equally good

Votes: 19 21.3%

• Total voters

Tantalus

Reaction score
Are the old school HL: DM levels better? Or does HL2DM beat them?

I think the maps are better now but the weapons are not balanced for multiplayer.

Edge said:
I think the maps are better now but the weapons are not balanced for multiplayer.

I agree completely, but I'm still leaning towards HL2 : DM...

Cons Himself said:
i think tantalus makes gtoo many polls ;)

lol only j/king

lol, just trying to see what the public thinks, this information may help if i try to make a mod.

Number 2, hands down. It's basically the first on steroids. And steroids are good.

edit: Yes, I agree. Stop with the polls. We're drowning in them. And half of them are duplicates of the other half.

:cheers:

lukrebu said:
Number 2, hands down. It's basically the first on steroids. And steroids are good.

edit: Yes, I agree. Stop with the polls. We're drowning in them. And half of them are duplicates of the other half.

:cheers:

As of today, you have five posts... and four of them were targeted to bash me. Please stop, it is getting irritating.

I like the weapons how they are actually.

But as I've said before, they should make the more powerful weapons much harder to get. Making some sort of obstacle which must be overcome by the use of stacking with the grav gun sounds good.

I couldn't really say, I've never played the original deathmatch, and Im having problems running it now so I won't be playing it any time soon.

I thought HL2 deathmatch was decent but it would of helped if their was an option to disable physics and/or the manipulator to make the game run smoother as well as have larger maps to avoid conjesting players into spawn kill zones

Overwatch was TOO small for 32 players

HLDM hands down better ATM. AG2 will hopefully fill its place. HL2DM is just your generic DM shooter, with the movement of CS...

well it should suck since they put it together in 5 minutes. Its just an extra. Nobody expected it, but hopefully they improve it.

At the moment HLDM is better imo. But we will see if the updates on HL2DM will change my mind..

sonicstorm - if server operators set infinite aux power then you can bunnyhop all over the place

Half Life 2: DeathMatch

I loved Ag for hldm tho.

HL2DM needs more weapons, especially ones which add strategy to the game such as the Det Packs and the Trip Mines. With these weapons in HL2DM it will be awesome!

ket_ said:
Equally good in their own special way.

yup.
i think HL2DM needs some of what the original has.. weapons/weapon balance is the first thing on everyone's list pretty much
its also a bit unfair comparing HLDM to the new one because of all the new tech put into HL2.. remember, HLDM is nearing 6 years of existence.. :O

FrancoC said:
HL2DM needs more weapons, especially ones which add strategy to the game such as the Det Packs and the Trip Mines. With these weapons in HL2DM it will be awesome!

Yes, a larger variety of weapons would be good, for strategy, like you said.

valve threw it together in 5 minutes. of course its not any good yet. Lacks a ton of gameplay and movement. it even uses the single player maps, not real maps

sonicst0rm said:
valve threw it together in 5 minutes. of course its not any good yet. Lacks a ton of gameplay and movement. it even uses the single player maps, not real maps

Yeah, it was just thrown together... but I think they did a good job with converting the level's to multiplayer... but they should've done Highway 17 on the bridge.

yep also agree with FrancoC if they can add some strategy weapons, HL2DM will rock. At the moment I prefer my HLDM sessions on a friday arvo here at work more.

A HL2 map with hoppers, sentry guns, rolling electric mines, and a ant lion pit in it would be quite cool, suppose I'll have to make one once I figure out hammer .
:)

There both different games give HL2Dm another week or 2 and all your want and needs will be added and for those who think HLDM is better well... it's still there we're no forcing you to play with us.

HL2DM is not very interesting, hell DM play never was that interesting. It is interesting to play in some of the game's maps, although I can't help but wonder why this all took so longer when the maps are recycled from the game and not original DM maps at all. I'll be glad when team-based play comes out CTF,TFC,Assault, etc.

there both different. HLDM had great weapons balance, but the levels were too spread out. the exact opposite is true of HL2DM. unbalanced weapons, good level designed (albeit unoriginal)

"sonicstorm - if server operators set infinite aux power then you can bunnyhop all over the place"

LOL

well i was amused by that :) sonic just beacuse you cant move at superhuman speeds doesnt mean hl2dm sucks (mainly directed at previous comments you have made) gameplay doesnt have to always be fast, not everything thats fast is good (take dance music for example - eurgh :x )

edit: i use the term 'music' very loosly.

Personally, I think HL2 DM would be better if you could sprint for a bit longer.

Jesus Lincoln said:
DMC -the mod not hldm- is better than both

hl2dm and hldm are too slow

I really hope you don't mean DeathMatch Classic. It maybe be fast, but thats about it.

HLDM was better in my opinion, it just had a more fun feel to it, and more variety to the weapons. I like the gravity gun in singleplayer but I think in multiplayer it can be a bit silly, especially with so many large heavy objects to throw about that are very difficult to dodge and will kill in one, and even act as a sorta shield. Also the magnum is shockingly unbalanced. I think with tweaking it will be as good as the first, though, as long as they don't put the Gluon gun and Tau Cannon in :)

They are different and equally good. I love fast games as a general rule though, fast games/sports are an absolute blast :D

I like them too but then I get too worked up and have to go run around.

Back