Is the hype gone?

Is the Hype gone?

• Yes. The hype is dying down.

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • No. We just need more news from valve. (or anything for that matter!!)

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

7h3-7w34k3r

What do you think. Is the hype dying down or do we just need more news from Valve?

I think the fact that people are compelled to spend time questioning the level of hype proves that hype exists. Otherwise, there would be apathy and no threads.

I believe the hype still exists its just dying down a bit. With no new material to discuss more and more threads are just turning to spam. This I believe is what is causing people to become more or less bored.

trust me if valve released a new screenshot there would be 20 posts in the next hour with 30 replies each....

the "hype monster of doom" is mearly dormant....

actually 'm a bit more hyped than Iiiiiiiiiiii used tooo be...

fUUCK THIS KEYBBBOAR!D

I think dormant sounds cooler, it describes it as a physical entity :E

I keep telling myself: "no hype before those two magick words: GONE GOLD."

Heh, Hype will return with a release date coupled with the new videos in Bink format. Thats my prediction.

At present we are all just kind of quietly waiting for something solid. Well thats how I see it anyway..

Stop with the bs that we don't get enough news...omfg..

we just got a 24 min e3 2004 movie.. that SHOULD be enough until release..

I think right now people don't want to get their hopes up so they are keeping hype to the minimum.

It's kinda the "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" thing. I think there is a fear that even if valve comes out with a release date that they won't be able to follow through with it. So people are going to keep the emotions low until the game is officially gold or in their hands.

At that point...the hype will return in a huge huge way though.

Personally, I hope valve don't release another thing until it's gold other than "benchmark" or "SDK". I've seen enough videos and screenshots at this point.

Interesting though...even though Doom3 has not been delayed and there are rumors about it coming soon, there doesn't seem to be huge hype for that, save for very specific groups of fans. Yes there is hype and it's big in certain areas, but I would have thought there would have been equal (or somewhere close to it) and as wide spread as HL2 when it was approaching Sept 30th.

I would like Valve to talk more with us. I'd be pleased if they just made a list of what they had for breakfast. As long as they have contact with the public. The whole industry needs more of this. Just a steady pace & do this on a more regular basis would suffice :)

Yes, the nasty hype is gone now.

You can come out from under the table.

Texter said:
Silence before the storm...that how I feel about it.

Haha...good one! But with all the silence the storm is going to get BIG!

No. Explain now before I destroy you.

I would say both. The hype is down and we need new info/media. :)

The hype has died. I used to check these forums and multiple pages everyday. Now I don't bother. If it's gonna be released within a certain timeframe, I'll hear about it.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Heh, Hype will return with a release date coupled with the new videos in Bink format. Thats my prediction.

At present we are all just kind of quietly waiting for something solid. Well thats how I see it anyway..
my thoughts exactly.

The hype may have gone down a little...but as soon as valve releases something interesting, WHAM!! The hype is gonna skyrocket.

Back