Is there a way to make it arrive faster?

Reaction score
Is there a way for me to get the HL2 in the first week of its release?

If yes, how?

I read the title of this thread... and I though of one 'hilarious' thing to say : Stop posting useless spam/sh!t like this

:p.... and Abom|nation, it seems to me that you have very nice ideas and all , but there just a tad impractical ;)

Originally posted by mrBadger
I read the title of this thread... and I though of one 'hilarious' thing to say : Stop posting useless spam/sh!t like this

:p.... and Abom|nation, it seems to me that you have very nice ideas and all , but there just a tad impractical ;)

Logical. The word you're looking for is logical :p

Was that a joke badger?
How is going to a shop impractical?

And yeah, get it from a shop.

Well, maybe where you live it will arive the same day its released.
It usually takes games like 2 weeks before they arrive to israel.
And then there are not enough, and you have to order one for yourself, and 2 months later you got the game. whippy.

Is amazon useful for things like that? Or they will also run out of merchandise aswell?

Order it from Amazon or EB.com. Make sure they do delivery to Israel. It might cost extra, but you should get it on, or immediately after the 30th September. They're taking pre-orders already. And please for the love of God, if the release date is still wrong on Amazon or EB.com then don't come back here and make a new thread about it. The release date is still 30th September 2003.

Well, If you live in isreal, odds are you'd get it week after the release at the soonest.

Chris, it was a joke :p osrry if you didn't get it... thats what the winking smiley is for :p... If you live in a country where games take a long time to ship I really don't know, this seems to be quite a problem. Hmmmm (sorry for making light of this :p... i thought it was another spamthread) I honestly don't know, see if it arrives in shops sharpish... if it doesn't look elsewhere :)

If there was no legitimate way to get it id say warez it then buy it a week later. But there are legitimate ways. Id use steam if i was you.

Cool!
I didnt know steam also sales games.

I guess I'll just buy it over steam than.
Though I rather have the nice HL2 box and original CD, but still....

And about the warez thingy - I thought about that, but it will be kinda useless since.. well.. just think how much people will also want it. I'll be in line for download for like a week, and then download it in 0.2 kbps. Besides, I want the original.

I know a guy who works at a computer games shop. He always sells big release titles to the people he knows early.

It's who u know. ;)

you can't play the warez over the net..sooo ehm... yeah..u get the point ;)

He would only need the warez copy for a week. Its not like single player couldnt keep you busy for a week. Steam all the way though if yo cant buy a hard copy.

Amazon.com won't ship games outside of US (maybe to Canada?), but Amazon.co.uk should deliver anywhere in EU, maybe also Israel. I think I pre-ordered there for £24 or so, which didn't seem too bad. I've paid as much for DVDs of movies I've watched once.

All i know is that if i dont get the game on the 30th i wont be coming here until i do.
just thinking of all you guys playing it and talking about it...while i wait one or two more weeks...hmm *snif*

Originally posted by Nuclear_Gerber
And about the warez thingy - I thought about that, but it will be kinda useless since.. well.. just think how much people will also want it. I'll be in line for download for like a week, and then download it in 0.2 kbps.
Not to mention the fact it's wrong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nuclear_Gerber
Cool!
I didnt know steam also sales games.

I guess I'll just buy it over steam than.
Though I rather have the nice HL2 box and original CD, but still....

And about the warez thingy - I thought about that, but it will be kinda useless since.. well.. just think how much people will also want it. I'll be in line for download for like a week, and then download it in 0.2 kbps. Besides, I want the original.

You'll probably get a discount on the hard copy if you buy over Steam.

Originally posted by Slick601
what language is that?

It's probably hebrew as the guy that started this thread is from israel.

Originally posted by :>~
leh tizdayen ya kof azteci.
ma ata rotze? get a life.

and thank you all, I think I'll get it through amazon.co.uk or steam. preferably amazon. Downloading stuff from steam just seems not right, as I can downlaod them elsewhere for free.

thanks =)

warz? but morons download games of warz... theres no online ;-/
i say warz will have this game like a week early they always do on huge games like this.

pssst... warez is for singleplayer only games like doom3

buy half-life2, itll definitely be worth it. i'd much rather have a box and manual than a steam copy too :D

just wait ;)

mannyfresh027: i posted that only as a answer to this que. i would never miss out on such a great game im buying it over steam.

not if you use emule...*cough* im not explaining anything further then that

hahaha!

Back