Is there only one HEV suit left?

bigpapa400lb

Reaction score
I was thinking about the HEV, is it me or is there only one HEV suit left in the whole world. Just for Gordon and for nobody else?

I'm preety sure there are more, there were 3 in the anomolus materials section of black mesa, probably more in other sections.

There are lots of HEV suits... you can find most them in the Xen levels of HL.

Since the Citizen's portals operate through Xen they could teleport there and steal some from the dead scientists.

I think Gordon's suit is the same, but Kliener added stuff to it and called it the Mark V. You see plenty of suits on dead people in Xen as Sid Burn said.

In whatever time HL2 takes place, I don't think there'd be that many HEV suits. HEV suits originated from Black Mesa, so what are the chances that you'd see HEV suits all over the rest of the world, unless some Black Mesa escapees (like Kleiner, Eli, Barney etc) took some with them. Most of the HEV suits were "wasted" on expeditions to Xen.

I have no idea how Kleiner got Gordon's suit, as G-Man let Gordon keep it at the end of HL1, because he earned it. I think this can be considered a plot hole. Gordon was in stasis for somewhat 10 years, so how the hell could someone take his suit... unless G-Man deceived him, and then decided to take the suit off him, give it to Kleiner, and then to have Gordon reclaim it. All a part of the plan - because if the Combine at the trainstation saw an HEV suited man, they might get rather suspicious.

They'd really only give the HEV suits to the most experiences scientists that use the Anti-mass spectrometer and teleport to Xen.

If the G-man sent Gordon to City 17 with a HEV suit, the Combine would immediatly take it off him and possibly kill him. So G-man probably gave the suit to Kleiner for safekeeping

who kliener is he the old dude with the pet head crab lameer or something is its name

That means that G-Man must make people forget that they see him something like lost. "or slow teleport". Because at the end when you come with Alyx to Dr Kliener's lab you see in the room where the HEV suit was in that all the equipment is gone. And also why you saw Odessa with G-MAN on Highway 17.

maybe the g-man just teleported the hev-suit to kliener?

Either Kleiner, Eli or Barney probably had a spare, because they were all in Black Mesa. Kleiner (SP?) probably modded one of those.

G-man probably just took Gordon's suit away not to be noticed, as he is, literally, the HEV-Suited Jesus to the people of this Earth :)

In other words, I don't think that's the same suit as was in Black Mesa. Why the *Hell* does it matter? It's a HEV suit. Gordon needs it. So he wears it.

;)

-Kato

don't forget that one found in sum object in our benifactors..

i remember that thread, od'nt remember wut it called tho

Alyx was originally supposed to have a special H.E.V type suit called I.A Latham, which proves they have the technology to build hazard suits, just not a lot of them maybe.

A still think they should've tried to give us some nice skintight suited Alyx, to help Gordon kick ass, or then again she might just have become a distraction, ah well...

I wonder what the mach 6 will be like, I mean if everything's going the way I think it is then hl3 would probably have a mach 6. Seeing as in the first game there was 4, then 5, the only logical way to go is up so 6? I dunno it just came to me.

I can't think what they'd add to the Mark VI that already isn't in the Mark V.

they could allow you to shoot while zoomed it. or maybe put long jump back. or a high jump, or built in grav gun or hover boots, or camera, or lean, or ...

In HL3, the HEV suit will be able to turn into a car, boat, or plane - whenever Gordon wishes. :)

sfc_hoot said:
In HL3, the HEV suit will be able to turn into a car, boat, or plane - whenever Gordon wishes. :)

That would be pretty cool. But you could only be the boat for about 20 seconds before you run out of power. :p

I was thinking maybe Eli was going to mass-produce them for the resistance as it would come in handy in a massive fire fight. However, Gordon showed up and meant that he would use it.

After all, at Black Mesa East, Eli said that Gordon would be better off getting back into a Lab Coat.

Will the HEV suit in HL3 be dark energy enhanced?

The HEV probably would be dark energy enhanced because if you remember at the end your suit could be charged up to 200%.

I thought the Civil Protection suits were modified HEV suits. Cloths/armour/guns/equipments would surely be Breen's responsibility. That’s the whole point of having someone like Breen, why do the micromanagement yourself when you can make them do it to themselves. That’s the whole point of putting Breen in that position.

And what better technology to use that the HEV suit, the suit that helped Gordon beat Xen. Breen must have had access to the technology that they use.

They even make a beeeeeep noise when you kill them. The HEV suit has all sorts of handy little health monitors and indicators: “Major fracture detected”, “Minor lacerations detected”…

How 'bout a flashlight that actually works for longer than five bleepin' minutes! I realise the psychological value in a game of the flashlight that runs out of power quickly, but come on!

When you get attacked by those black poisen headcrab,the suit can heal you,thats pretty cool,and it doesen't cost AUX ^_^.

There has to be more. Not to mention all the ones that are on the dead people on Xen. At the end of Half-Life you are in your HEV suit. In the beginning of HL2 G-Man puts you on the train with nothing but civilian cloths. You have to ask what happened to your old HEV suit? Also since Kleiner either salvaged one from Black Mesa at some point or made a new one just for Gordon. It is also possible that the G-Man had given Kleiner the HEV suit Gordon had on at the end of HL. They must of known Gordon was coming back, why else would Kleiner have a HEV suit ready and prepared for Gordon?

You people forget that the same technology used in the HEV suit is also used in the Marines' PCVs and whatever Barney was wearing in Blue Shift.

DEATH eVADER said:
I was thinking maybe Eli was going to mass-produce them for the resistance as it would come in handy in a massive fire fight. However, Gordon showed up and meant that he would use it.

After all, at Black Mesa East, Eli said that Gordon would be better off getting back into a Lab Coat.

I honestly doubt they would have the resources to mass produce the HEV suits, no way at all that would happen.

Apocalypse89 said:
and whatever Barney was wearing in Blue Shift.
Actually, as far as I remember Barney specifically couldn't use the powered armor machines and had to pick up armor from dead comrades and weapons caches.

Gordon doesn't have the only HEV suit - perhaps the only one that is "Mark V", but it seems likely that someone somewhere has posession of one. There were two in Decay and countless ones in Xen. Yes i'm repeating what everyone else has said aren't I? :)

Wilsonator said:
Alyx was originally supposed to have a special H.E.V type suit called I.A Latham, which proves they have the technology to build hazard suits, just not a lot of them maybe.

A still think they should've tried to give us some nice skintight suited Alyx, to help Gordon kick ass, or then again she might just have become a distraction, ah well...
Wrong.

That was a concept sletch for the female assasins from Half-Life.

Lincoln said:
Wrong.

That was a concept sletch for the female assasins from Half-Life.
No, you're wrong. It says "A study for the female protagonist combat suit". Use a dictionary before categorically telling people that they suck.

But was alyx the only female protagonist?

Or just the only one who survived cuts?

Mmm, Skin-tight Alyx...

I think probably Combine armour would have been the more sensible thing to wear. Almost as good, and a lot less conspicuous than the HEV suit.

ríomhaire said:
Since the Citizen's portals operate through Xen they could teleport there and steal some from the dead scientists.

Lol, that would be hilarious, they'd be like... wtf? why is everything in xen so unreal and pixelated. Look, I just saw two of the same dead scientist! :LOL:

OK what hhappend to Gordan's previous MachIV hazerd suit when G-man "employed him" after the first game. if thats the one Kleiner gave Gordan then there is a good chance there is only one!!! OH SHIT i just rememberd at the end of HL1 G-man says somthing about keeping the HEV suit that Gordan has earned it. hmmm this complicates it. but any way most of the HEVs probably got lost in Zen or stuck in Black Mesa when the facility was destroyed.

hmm.well no the security vests COULDN'T use the HEV chargers to recharge in blue shit so you needed a new vest.

I think there are many H.E.V. suits left but they can't be used effectively if they are used by someone else than Gordon. Gordon is The One, so the suit grants him the powers of save/load.

Sid Burn said:
There are lots of HEV suits... you can find most them in the Xen levels of HL.
yep.. many HEV suits in Xen. but only gordan could survive, why is that?? :D :D :D :D

Back