Is there only one HEV suit left?

ive been saving up my pennies for a spankin new HEV suit.. only thing is, is that i cant seem to find any on ebay :rolling: :rolling:

Kleiner was involved in (beta :p) testing the Mark V before the resonance cascade, according the PS2 Half-life manual.

So he might have the expertise to make one from scratch, and would probably be able to upgrade a Mark IV.
Maybe he'll be able to make a Mark VI for HL3 :)

Well if the combine suits could not recharge, but the Overwatch could - some1 said, Dr Kleiner I think, that the HEV suit was rigged to use Combine chargers i think? or was it Overwatch. One of the two - either way, the suits of either Combine or Overwatch could have been used and charged wioth the wall outlets. Those wall outlets are not for Gordon, his suit has been adapted to use them

kupoartist said:
No, you're wrong. It says "A study for the female protagonist combat suit". Use a dictionary before categorically telling people that they suck.

He didnt say you suck, your way over sensitive. He was just correcting you. The only one being rude there was you.

Jintor said:
But was alyx the only female protagonist?
We don't know for certain I suppose. For all we know, the original Mossman character could have been a badass ninja vampire who was to seduce the G-Man with a combination of rather dirty moves and sugary sweets. I think it's most likely though that the "I.A. Latham" suit was to be worn by the planned female protagonist: which only later became Alyx when they fleshed out the character (considering HL2 as it is now, it's kind of hard to see how an assassin-eqsue character would really fit, so I'm assuming it was an early design - the "vignette" stories in RtB seem to fit this kind of Alyx-Assassin quite well, and they were early ideas).

Calanen said:
either way, the suits of either Combine or Overwatch could have been used and charged wioth the wall outlets.
Good point. I don't think anyone but the Combine could wear these suits though - The Combine soldiers and Elites are modified humans, so it seems likely that to benefit from their powered armour, you have to be a modified human. The end result is that the only good guy with a powered suit is Gordon. Of course, why they couldn't reverse-engineer the Combine or HEV tech to create protective systems for the resistance isn't explored, but I suppose the science teams wouldn't have the materials or privacy to do so.

theroadtonowhere said:
He didnt say you suck, your way over sensitive. He was just correcting you. The only one being rude there was you.
No he didn't say I suck - He "said" (implied) Wilsonator sucked. I'm not being sensitive at all, because he didn't make any comment about me whatsoever, I'm simply defending another poster, and his "correction" was stated rather arrogantly (stating a single sentance composed of "wrong" is synonomous with saying "you suck") and was completely wrong at the same time. And as for me being rude, well I was fighting fire with fire.

Now, why are you completely deviating from the topic of the thread and attacking me without any justifcation?

Scripted Sequence

It's okay, i take no offense. Kupo showed i was right and i'm not sure if he was being smug but i'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Yeah the suit was for a female protogonist, though i see how you could mistake it for an assasin design, Alyx would look fine in it though.

Imagine this is a scripted sequence-

(Gordon is captured in Nova Prospekt, is attached to a torture chair, Combine Torturer gets torture machine running, it begins to spark menacingly with vile purple electricity. Two Prison Guards stand in front of the door.)

*Figure in skintight suit leans out of air vent overhead, snaps neck of torturer, who crumples to the ground*

*Combine begin to fire, Mysterious figure cartwheels away from fire and kicks a guard through the window of the room.*

Suited Figure- (Muffler) Take that! *Hurls Combine across room*

*Combine guard smashes into the torture machine and is fried by the powerful electricity, the machine powers down.*

Suited Figure- *Walks up to Gordon* (Muffled) I heard you'd come here.

*Suited figure removes mask revealing Alyx, who gives a relieved grin.*

Alyx- Hey there Gordon, with all this shooting everywhere, i thought i'd better suit up too, c'mon, we've got to find Eli.

*Alyx unties Gordon and you both head out of the now open doors*

Seems like a good way to show the more hateful or sadistic side of Alyx's nature, and that she can kick some major ass when she wants to.

mikemont said:
How do you put the HEV Suit on?

You slip it on like you would with any sci-fi armor of that type.

The only reason you don't see Gordon put it on in HL2 is because no one wants to see a pasty research scientist in his underwear trying to put on a sock for 5 minutes.

:|

It's gordons suit!!

Even if he was in pergatory for ten years as someone said, it's his suit, because when you put it on, Kleiner say, "Ahhh, i see it still fits you like a glove. well, at least the glove parts do.."

It's Gordons suit.
Case closed.

Combine armour is based on PCV (from OpFor) and PCV is based on HEV technology.
Another person wear HEV suits - Collete Green,Gina Cross and Xen expeditions. Barney wears kevlar vest not PCV!

Polaris said:
Proof? Even the last bit is speculative.

kupoartist said:
Proof? Even the last bit is speculative.
Proof of Barneys kevlar vest? - I know its my speculation but Barney in BS never recharging vest in HEV charger or collecting batteries.
But HEV,Combine vest and PCV compatibility is clear (batteries, chargers).

Polaris said:
Another person wear HEV suits - Collete Green,Gina Cross and Xen expeditions. Barney wears kevlar vest not PCV!

What happened to Collete and Gina anyway?

Polaris said:
Proof of Barneys kevlar vest? - I know its my speculation but Barney in BS never recharging vest in HEV charger or collecting batteries.
But HEV,Combine vest and PCV compatibility is clear (batteries, chargers).
Well, Barney is actually instructed to use his Kevlar and helmet in the hazard course. He is even instructed that he won't be allowed to use HEV chargers.

he is allowed but he just CANT because its a simple west made of iron etc etc, its not a HEV suit.

Ravioli said:
he is allowed but he just CANT because its a simple west made of iron etc etc, its not a HEV suit.
Yeah, he won't be allowed an HEV suit.

Also, Iron?

Polaris said:
Proof of Barneys kevlar vest? - I know its my speculation but Barney in BS never recharging vest in HEV charger or collecting batteries..
Read what I quoted. "PCV is based on HEV technology" There's nothing to say that's concrete fact, and there's certainly nothing to say that Combine suits are derived from PCVs. I mean for starters a "Suit" is bigger than a "Vest" anyway.

kupoartist said:
Read what I quoted. "PCV is based on HEV technology" There's nothing to say that's concrete fact, and there's certainly nothing to say that Combine suits are derived from PCVs. I mean for starters a "Suit" is bigger than a "Vest" anyway.
Sorry, I think the PCV, HEV, and Combine "suits" use same technology. Mayby created by concern called HMS Omni (in OpFor Boot camp is commercial charger with this title.

Back