Is this D.O.G. ?

oldi1knoby

Zombie
Reaction score
http://www.hl2central.net/screenshots/hl2_concept/scanner_input3.jpg

It looks like that one robot on that mars movie, where they get stranded.. I think it was called Red Planet. Anyways, the robot goes psycho and starts attacking them. They think there is no air there, but these bugs have eaten a moss that they sent there to grow air. The process of them eating it, creates oxygen. It was a good movie.

Does it look like that robot to you? I am gonna go look up the movie, and find the right name.

well it sure loks like it can do some damage at any rate. and i dont think it looks the same as the robot in red planet, but i havent seen that movie in along time. iv eonly seen it once actually.

Ah, just found it. It IS Red planet. The robot was named AMEE.

It starred:
Val Kilmer .... Robby Gallagher
Carrie-Anne Moss .... Cmdr. Kate Bowman
Benjamin Bratt .... Lt. Ted Santen
Tom Sizemore .... Dr. Quinn Burchenal
Simon Baker (I) .... Chip Pettengill
Terence Stamp .... Dr. Bud Chantilas
Jessica Morton .... Website fan

Good movie. I loved it. If you haven't seen it, you should rent it on DVD. It's worth the rental. Good Sci-Fi movie.

Edit: Found a pic of AMEE. couldn't find very good one where she was crouched over like the robot in that pic. Here she is.

http://www.sciflicks.com/red_planet/images/red_planet_15.html

they look pretty close in my opinion. and btw, red planet is awsome. although i love scifi and like mostly all scifi movies (damn you wing commander!!!)

Attachments

• robo2.jpg
    robo2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 482
Thats the pic I was looking for ReZeroX, thanks. It really shows how similar they are. They can both walk on all 4's and they can both stand up-right. I bet you AMEE goes berzerk and starts hunting you in the game just like Red Planet.

Yeah Red Planet was on here just 2 nights ago, looks alot like it. I think this is definitely Dog, although I wouldn't mind if it was another enemy... looks scary.

Hey, Bad"Hat, what was the answer to your Riddle in the Riddle thread??

Basically, we don't know what the heck dog even is, except for Alyx supposedly built it. For all we know it could be an electric toothbrush.

I was at the Sierra forums.
Someone posted that Gabe said":
If you shoot at Alyx, she would shoot back, Dog would kick ur ass.

Either it's an overpowered Electric toothbrush, or it is a Robot pet.

im whatcing cowboy bebop on cartoon network... and there dog is called ein and its awesome

The concept art isn't of DOG , look at the name of the picture , it says "scanner".

It's maybe an other kind of scanners , and don't forget that not all the concept arts make it to the game , some of them are cut. The same think was in HL (Mr,friendly and more).

It took me a few seconds to notice, but the legs on the robot in the original post are uneven, as though they have been scavenged from many sources. This would fit the idea that Alyx built him from scratch.
I doubt it's an enemy since the design isn't similar to combine tech

Originally posted by Tamer17
The concept art isn't of DOG , look at the name of the picture , it says "scanner".

Hey, I see that you're a player of the board game "Jump to Conclusions" from Office Space!

Take a look at the directory:
http://www.hl2central.net/screenshots/hl2_concept/

All of the pictures are named scanner_input#.jpg, meaning the picture was scanned from a piece of paper.

(Sorry for being rude; it's late)

Yup, that is not a scanner. We have seen scanners in the game. They are flying cameras.

Lol tredoslop stop making it worse hehe.
They're scans from magazines, look in the other thread:http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4834

I kind of like the asymmetric design of the robot (very likely that it /is/ dog). As a kid I used to build symmetrical things with my lego blocks. Nowadays when I 'create' things (drawings in photoshop,etc) I absolutely want them to be asymmetric. It's a subconcious thing :)

I wonder how big DOG actually is. In this picture we see him from frog-perspective, which makes it difficult. Also there's no other objects there to hint at the relative size. I hope they make him about the size of a tiger. Not the size of an elephant because that would be too powerful.

whawhaWHAT?!?!?! is that 3D rendered? :eek:
*Squints eyes in disbelief* IT CAN'T BE! it looks so real!
(referring to tredoslop's post)

LOL , you right.

Stupid me .

But I still think it's not DOG , Valve will keep it as a surprise .

Maybe is methal under skin , like a Terminator robot , and they will make him look like a character from hl1 , lol

I hope there aren't too many robotic enemies. Biomech like Striders and Manatees are ok, and scanners and Manhacks aren't so bad 'cause they're small. But more often than not, fighting big robot enemies sucks balls.

ya that's gotta be DOG, maybe you can piss him off enough to swing at you and you can hide behind alyx

Originally posted by El_Chi
I hope there aren't too many robotic enemies. Biomech like Striders and Manatees are ok, and scanners and Manhacks aren't so bad 'cause they're small. But more often than not, fighting big robot enemies sucks balls.

Biomechanical? In what way?

Biomech in the way that Striders are actually a combination of biological and mechanical parts. (Partly) Biological brain + mechanical gun. Manatees are also biomech I think. Manhacks and scanners are not.

Originally posted by Ro@cH
Biomech in the way that Striders are actually a combination of biological and mechanical parts. (Partly) Biological brain + mechanical gun. Manatees are also biomech I think. Manhacks and scanners are not.

I know what Biomechanical means but I'm asking why people think they have a Biological component. Has Gabe said something?

Its true, gabe just said that the strider is part of the combine and that the mantee thing is called the ALIENgunship

Thats what I thought the first time I saw the "Alien Gunship." It tottaly looked like a manatee with a Ceiling fan shoved up his ass.

Back