Is this D.O.G. ?

Since english isn't my mother tongue, I had to look up manatee on google. Manatee really is a better name than Alien Gunship!!

Gabe has mentioned that Striders aren't vehicles (so they're not driven by humans/aliens). This means they have to be either aliens themselves, or robots, or a mixture of both. The way the strider looks, I'm guessing the latter.

he didnt actualy say that it wasnt a vehical

He said that it isnt a vehical you can use in the game. He also said that they once made it controlable for a laugh.

i read somewhere that the strider was a headcrab in its later years, but thats a little too weird for my taste. plus head crabs dont have space bending lazers. :p

Originally posted by Thadius Dean
i read somewhere that the strider was a headcrab in its later years, but thats a little too weird for my taste. plus head crabs dont have space bending lazers. :p

I think someone just made that up. I mean, it would have to lose a leg, grow the other three really long, change its colour, grow weapons and lost all "Headcrabness", really.

for the most part its possible, but not probable. plus gabe said it wasnt a headcrab anyway.

Would a strider still have that instinct-behavior to jump onto people's faces? Would love to see a giant man with a strider latched to his face hehe. (*Eat my dangly bits, giant!!*)

Edit: 100th post woopwoop!! *Roach zombifies*

rofl. That just makes me laugh.

hmmmz, i cant wait to see some of the other HL2 enemys that will appear soon :)

I think this DOG character is one of the lamest things in Half-Life 2 so far. I also think the pheromone stuff is a bit manky too.

Originally posted by Dagobert
I think this DOG character is one of the lamest things in Half-Life 2 so far. I also think the pheromone stuff is a bit manky too.

I'm reserving judgement till we see how DOG is implemented, it could be cool.

I completely disagree on the Pheromone part. Half Life used sound to great effect and I think Valve were hoping to expand that.

Originally posted by Ro@cH
Would a strider still have that instinct-behavior to jump onto people's faces? Would love to see a giant man with a strider latched to his face hehe. (*Eat my dangly bits, giant!!*)

Edit: 100th post woopwoop!! *Roach zombifies*
:O
Dang, I wish I had 100 posts.

I never thought i would have this many posts you know. But i only post when its absolutely neccesery. Like now............

No really. Look when I joined and i have looked at these threads almost everyday since then except a holiday with no internet :O.

:):bounce:

Back