Is this DOG? or am I being silly...

Is this Dog?

• Yes, it is

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • No. You're an idiot

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • To be honest I don't care

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • It's GORDON's reflection in a MIRROR!!!!

Votes: 9 10.0%

• Total voters

Yogibbear

Reaction score
You've all probably seen this screenshot...but I don't know who or which character/enemy this is; and it kinda looks like a dog? a weird sort of combine/Mecca hybrid dog.....hm.... maybe Alyx likes the invading aliens, and now has a pet one. :angel:

The link is Dog?

That is a Vortigaunt. Those are the things that use to shoot green electricity at you in the first game. In Half Life 2, they are now on your side.

That's a vortigaunt and someone from the resistance.

Wtf, Parasite?! Lol.
Yeah, that's a vortigaunt. If you looked at the pictures captions, you'd know.

Heh, my bad... and there was a screenshot entitled "DOG"....

Someone hit me now....

No, that is a Vortigaunt, which was a race of slave aliens present in the original HL. DOG is a giant robot-thingy.

dont you think that having a robot/pet in the game make it too much like a japanese anime kiddie game?

My question,
How was there art of DOG on the forums before that screen shot was released.
I don't remember seeing anything like DOG before a few days ago.

Tiddalick said:
My question,
How was there art of DOG on the forums before that screen shot was released.
I don't remember seeing anything like DOG before a few days ago.

Concept art...

wayne white said:
dont you think that having a robot/pet in the game make it too much like a japanese anime kiddie game?

Have you ever had a walking riceball kick your ass?

No question about it, that isn't dog, dog is a robot. You can see him in the upper left corner of the forums

Does that look like a robot to you?

Do you go up to linux servers, pet them, and say "nice kitty?"

/being a jerk for no reason

hm... rubs sore head....

I only thought that vavle might be trying to trick us by saying that Dog was a robot...and maybe that Vortigaunt is a robot? which i know it isn't now, but it did look kinda like a cool futuristic more tissue based robot. Heh, reminds me of existenz, what a crap movie of a half-decent idea.

I like the idea, who hasn't wanted a pet robot? I do kinda wish I'd seen it for the first time while playing the game though.

No. You're an idiot

Thats the Vortigaunt (alien slave)

i wish i knew what you were talking about but i cant manage to play through half life cause gordon always gets stuck somehow ... in an elevator or something ... p.o.s. program

Oh damn, I assumed it was a screenshot of the actual Dog, so I voted yes... :)

Back