Is this good PC RAM

Never heard of em.

Also, before going with 2gb's of memory you should read this.

As for RAM brands, go kingston, corsair or crucial. Best deals and reliability in general.

make sure u buy for PC3200 if ur mobo supports it... and buy kingston, micron and corsair brands. :naughty:

That kingmax ram is very decent, Youll be happy with it.
ive been runing it at the speeds in my sig for about 4 months now, and i never turn my comp off, so as far as i know its very decent ram!

Check out memory with TCCD chips. GSkill 4400LE is probably the best memory money can buy at the mo, OCZ Rev2 is a close second.

The Geil ram ram using TCCD is also very decent - as is Patriot (my Patriot runs at 290 3-4-4-8 :)) Tight timings are nice, but with an A64 it's bandwidth you want.

All of this modules will do 200 mhz at tight timings (2-2-2-5) but can also run super fast if you loosen them a little (I can pass memtest at 250mzh 2-3-3-6 :))

Most of them like low voltages too - so they stay nice and cool and there's no risk of you frying them.

Asus, the decrease in performance is obvious and is even stated in the motherboard manual when you add more dimms, so i don't really see the point of that article, if they wanted to test out 2gb configurations they should have put up a system similar to mine, i can tell you my extra gb is far from slowing my performance down.

benchmarks have shown that a pc with 1GB of RAM runs better than a PC with 2GB of RAM.

yup! very true... well in some cases... if not it just make a little bit difference... like 4 or maybe 3 fps :p

in the half life 2 benchmarks, it was about 15 fps if i remember correctly

trizzm said:
Asus, the decrease in performance is obvious and is even stated in the motherboard manual when you add more dimms, so i don't really see the point of that article, if they wanted to test out 2gb configurations they should have put up a system similar to mine, i can tell you my extra gb is far from slowing my performance down.
You can go to 2gb (2x1gb sticks) without the decrease but he stated specificly 4x512mb, hence the link. Most people don't know or read that in the manuals. It isn't really a known fact except for those who deal with PCs a lot. But the link does give you a tangable idea of what the performance difference would be.

It also depends if you go to 2gb just because 'more has to be better' and have the money to spend or you actually could use the 2gbs. But 1gb sticks don't have the same low timings available that 512mb sticks have. Give and take depending on what you could use and afford.

Back