Is this rumer true? I hope so.

M

MAZA-51

I've been seeing this rumer alot latly and just want someone to clear it up for me. I hope its true.

Half-Life 2 Confirmed for
PlayStation3

Valve has announced that Half-Life 2 may not arrive on PS2 but will on PlayStation3.
Sony plan to make Half-life 2 a launch title for it’s next system that will be show at E3 next year. PS2 fans have been disappointed with the fact that sequel will may not arrive on the black box since the original Half-Life was ported on the system.
But the Half-life sequel will be in development for PS3 next year and will include the remake of Half-Life 1 with it and with multiplayer options with it.
Vale say that once they have release the PC version of the game witch if still to be announce that they want to bring there fantastic shooter to consoles including PS3 & XBOX.

I do know the Half Life 2 will be a launch title for XBOX 2. It was in the last Game Informer. This might just be speculation though just like everything else.

edit: XBOX 2 is supposedly being released for the end of 2005. So HL2 for PC should be released before then.

Anybody who plays HL2 on a console has problems, either monetary or mental.

Why would you release a shoot'em up for a console?

Never understood it.. the controls simply SUCK .. from what I've seen that is..

Yeah, FPS games suck on console controls. You just don't get the same fluid aiming a mouse gives you.

thats silly, ps3 is not coming out for a while. why would they put an old game into ps3

There are a few FPSes that I'd rather play with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

1. Goldeneye (duh)
2. Perfect Dark (duh)
3. Timesplitters games (duh, they're basically the same as the Goldeneye/PD control schemes)

Shuzer said:
There are a few FPSes that I'd rather play with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

1. Goldeneye (duh)
2. Perfect Dark (duh)
3. Timesplitters games (duh, they're basically the same as the Goldeneye/PD control schemes)

I loved those games and enjoyed playing them. But I think they would be so much easier on a mouse and keyboard. Especially, Timesplitters. PS2 controller sucks for FPS games.

1. Goldeneye (duh)
2. Perfect Dark (duh)

Yes, but those were specifically designed for consoles. HL2 will suck on consoles, period.

**** the naysayers that think that FPS games don't belong on consoles. They can do controls just fine. A keyboard/mouse combo certainly adds versatility, but there are few FPS games on the console that I can't feel right at home with.

How freakin' ignorant some of you people are.

So because we have a different opinion we are ignorant? Try again.

House said:
I loved those games and enjoyed playing them. But I think they would be so much easier on a mouse and keyboard. Especially, Timesplitters. PS2 controller sucks for FPS games.

They would be easier, and they would also play a lot worse - half the fun is getting the crosshair lined up.

The N64 controller is the only one with which I would play a FPS on a console, it just feels right.

Absinthe said:

**** the naysayers that think that FPS games don't belong on consoles. They can do controls just fine. A keyboard/mouse combo certainly adds versatility, but there are few FPS games on the console that I can't feel right at home with.

Sure FPS are fine for consoles, but FPS that are designed for consoles, like I said before. You're in denial if you say that an FPS from the PC could be directly ported. It plays completely different, neither necessarily better.

I agree with Murrah, N64 controller is by far the best for FPS, good second is the Xbox.

Absinthe said:

That made absolutely no sense. Do you or do you not like FPS on consoles?

Murray_H said:
They would be easier, and they would also play a lot worse - half the fun is getting the crosshair lined up.

The N64 controller is the only one with which I would play a FPS on a console, it just feels right.

I agree. The N64 controller was a godsend.

It is only merely duplicated with XBOX and Gamecube controllers.

A keyboard/mouse combo certainly adds versatility, but there are few FPS games on the console that I can't feel right at home with.

He is saying that PC setup adds versatility, but doesn't feel right with FPS games on a console. He is contradicting himself.

The only thing with releasing games like HL2 on next gen consoles is they won't look very good compared to other launch titles. When new consoles are released they are ALWAYS a couple years ahead of PCs. Of course PCs eventually catch up and pass them, but HL2 won't look too good as a PS3 title.

Just compare PS2 launch titles to Half-Life 1, and look how crappy the PS2 version of HL1 looks compared to other PS2 games even with the visual overhaul (models and levels).

I guess it'll be good for the people that missed out on it in 2004 though.

House said:
He is saying that PC setup adds versatility, but doesn't feel right with FPS games on a console. He is contradicting himself.

I read that as PC setups add versatility, but aren't needed. A console gamepad does just fine.

ShadowFox said:
So because we have a different opinion we are ignorant? Try again.

There's a difference between "FPS'es suck for consoles" and "I never really liked console control schemes".

One is an opinion. One is a retarded blanket statement. gj

House said:
That made absolutely no sense. Do you or do you not like FPS on consoles?

You know, I actually bothered to check through my post. Three times. Just for you. And I don't see what's so hard to understand.

House said:

Wrong. If I had said "but there are few FPS games on the console that I can feel right at home with", I'd essentially be saying that I generally don't feel right with console control schemes. But I said "but there are few FPS games on the console that I can't feel right at home with". "Can't" as in "can not", you dig? And with that, I'm saying that there are few console games that feel awkward or inadequate to me in terms of control.

And that concludes today's English lesson.

If this is still unclear: A mouse/keyboard setup may be more versatile, but console games still have the ability to function well enough without them. Just because you're using a control pad doesn't mean the game automatically sucks.

House said:
Worst grammar ever.

It's technically correct. I'm sorry if you can't understand what I say. Not everyody can read. :\

I got into a good-natured argument with my roommate last year about this. I played through XIII on the gamecube (stop laughing, I enjoyed it), and I thought (and still do) the controls were excellent. Anytime you bring in a second stick I think you're pretty much going to be ok, unless there's a wide vertical range, maybe.

Man, FPS games are cool on the consoles... Half-Life for PS2 was great, had a lock-on feature for the aiming, just as challenging as PC but made the way it should be for a console... also I personally hate the N64 controller, I love the Gamecube's though. Definately the best controller available at the moment, so comfortable and responsive. Love it.

Back