Is Valve Culpable?

Maybe he originally posted that in the Steam forums.

Originally posted by chili pepper
Remember all the promises Valve made about Team Fortress 2 and how great it was going to be? TF2 turned out to be vaporware.

The same thing could happen with Half-Life 2.

Valve can't even get their act together to release Condition Zero, a relatively simple game using the old the Half-life 1 engine. CZ has been subjected to one delay after another. Valve also said that Steam is no longer in beta, but it is still as buggy as ever. I don't mean minor bugs either. Half the time Steam fails to work, period.

Valve has a historic pattern of lying through their teeth. They are either shameless liars or extremely incompetent, probably both.

^ This man knows what he's talking about.

Originally posted by doser
the leak
----------
80% some little dipshit hackers fault for being an impatient twat who cant wait a month for the game to be released

20% valve's fault for not putting their network behind a linux box.

the doser has spoken.

I agree.

1. I do not believe the hacker was the primary cause of the game's delay. I believe the game was simply not finished, and Valve and Vivendi are putting all the blame on the hacker. Notice everyone is like, "Delayed?? ****ing hacker!" not "Delayed?? ****ing Valve!" While the theft certantly has caused some delay, I believe it to be a minor contributor to the delay.

2. You can't blame Valve for what happened, not in the strictest sense. It's not someone's fault they got robbed if they leave their door unlocked; however, it was their responsibility to protect themselves, and they are at fault for not doing so.

Back