Is valve going to fix the SPEEDHACKS??

I think the biggest bang will be when VAC2 is released, unannounced. The cheaters will continue to mount, getting more bold knowing there's nothing stopping them.

Then the day Valve flips the switch and bans them all.

The saddest day will be when someone figures out how to bypass it, and ends up back on regular servers, immune to the banning.

Hopefully by then, Gran Tourismo 4 will be out, and none of this will matter to me for several months.

basically... lets just agree on one thing, if you use anytype of cheat. your a fag. Bottom line

Valve just need to spent a little money and sign a contract with Punkbuster.

I play on Finnish servers and haven't encountered any speedhackers in the last two months. Well maybe one. It's not a problem here.

dys4iK said:
You'd think the server would notice the flood of packets saying "I'm here!" and then "now i'm over here, in a completely impossible manner!" and maybe do something about it.

The problem with that are legitimate lag-drops. As you play, there are lots of packet losses due to lag and general network connectivity. When lag becomes even moderate, you get the effect you describe: gaps in locations/vectors.

One must be very careful when filtering against these (UT2004 proved the consequences for a while there - being accused of speedhacking was the norm). Legitimate lag is perceived as a Speedhack and disrupts legit play.

However it *is* possible. (DE eventually fixed the UT2004 issues)
A lot will depend on Valve priorities.

HEHEHE me and my friend were playing with the bots and one of em "Lagged" and shot me in the head (they were set to hard). I laughed so hard! It was like all the goodness of a pub brought to my own comp! :)

i have yet to see 1 person cheating in CSS since the first day of the beta for cybercafes. till today.

I played on a server tonight and witnessed my first ever speed hacker and a suspected aimbotter, he headshotted everyone!

Never seen a cheater yet, and never will.
Valve is doing something, just secretly

Bots Hack I swear to G-Man. Ill post some screenies later maibeh. But they are set to see hit boxes instead of models so......HACKERS YARRRGG!!!!!!

MarcoPollo said:
Bots Hack I swear to G-Man. Ill post some screenies later maibeh. But they are set to see hit boxes instead of models so......HACKERS YARRRGG!!!!!!
There are no hacks which can show you Hitboxes instead of models. Until then you're safe.

BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS sry to spam but u need to reed wat i said ^^^^^^.

MarcoPollo said:
BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS sry to spam but u need to reed wat i said ^^^^^^.
I did read. And I assumed you meant that the bots obviously had a hack which made them see hitboxes instead of the player models. To which I repli.... Yeah, you're right.

Well yeah, maybe VALVe should fix that. Even though there's no lag in offline games, since everything is done locally, and it would be stupid to have a game which "simulates" lag...

lol.....yeh its stupid but i was reading this thing about how the bots veiw models and stuff dang i cant find the link.....but it showed how they see stuff and its so haxxorish.......and if u spectate the bots...u can tell wat i mean.

Back