Is Warez Bad...

There is no excuse to warez a game, come on people 50 bucks, kids who don't have jobs can save up allowance/lunch money and still afford 50 bucks pretty quick and easy. Thats stupid, it would be like walking into a store and stealing a 25 cent piece of gum and saying you couldn't afford it. As far as apps go, its wrong no doubt but i do understand that some people want to learn and spending 600 to 6000 dollars is a little much for them, even the every day joe workin 9-5 will have trouble buying some of these apps, but its still illegal and not ethical. I guess there are no excuses, just go with what you think is the best idea.

We should remember though the more we steal the higher the prices go cuz the companys have to get their profit even if it means jackin' prices on the good people who actually pay.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
does this make it right?

Downloading Warez is the same as breaking into an artist's studio and stealing thier work. It's the same as breaking into an auto plant and stealing a car. It is illegal and I hope you get arressted and/or sued. Actaully, now that you all have admited it, it wouldn't be too hard to find. The board registers ips and isp would be most helpful twards the police....

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
Well, for us mature people, we have to understand that people who download warez are most likey 10 years old, and haven't made anyhting on their own. When you spend time to create soemthing, you'd like to get paid for it.

If you wern't going to buy the car, what money is the car dealer loosing?
So do take everything you see and jsut use that as an excuse?

Also, you guys who downlaod warez because you can't afford the game, the reason the gmae is so expensive is because they have to raise the price to make a profit because soo many people downlaod warez. You are the reason that games are so expensive.

So completely wrong, if you go and steal a car off a car lot, then the dealership can't sell that car, therefore depriving them of the money that the car would get them when sold it to someone.

if you go into a store and steal a copy of the game, same thing, you're depriving the store of selling that copy, and you're also not paying for it yourself, regardless of if you would have bought it in the first place.

it's not the same with warez, with warez you're simply getting a clone of said merchandise, so the store can still sell it, all their inventory is there.

the only way to compare stealing a car to warez is if there was some device that would clone a car, and then you stole the clone, but left the original car in the lot, hell if that was possible the dealership wouldnt even know you have a clone of a car, because all their physical merchandise is accounted for.

[edit]

i like playing devils advocate. :devil:

I have to say you make a point. But it really does not support the whole idea of Warez at all....just so you warez people dont start quoting this guy to help you.

as I said, with me its a try before buying thing. If the company won't bother with a demo, then I'll Warez it to see if its worth my cash. Usually the first level is enough to decide.

You know, most of you people who use the "try before buying" excuse:

There's soemthing called game reviews. there's about 6 websites that i could name of the top if my head where you can go and read a review of the game 1-3 days after the release. That's why they're there....

Originally posted by nw909
DON'T COPY THAT FLOPPY!!!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/floppy.php

OMG. That is scary. I got the stupid very stupid song in my head now. I found it quite trippy. Thanks :eek:

But speaking about floppy's. When CD's first came out game companies said "oooooo yes once CD's are more plentiful prices of games will go down heaps".

Now did we ever see that price change? Nope never.

So I'm really dirty at companies regarding that. Alot of people would buy games if they were more affordable.

A lot of games would be cheaper if people bought them instead of stealing them. Like has been said warez ups the price of games so makers can reclaim costs.

i WILL buy it, thats for sure. but if i see it on the net weeks before it hits the stores... how can anyone not dl?

Back