Isn't the name "G-Man" a little weird? (Might be right?)

X

xtjdx

I've been thinking while playing today... what if G-Man stands for Gordan Freeman. What if that's him, but from some awkward universe that no one knows/cares about? Just a thought.
</endwasteddbspace>

good point... maybe it's him from another world ? another demention ?

Maybe the G-man is Gordan Freeman . . . Just like out of Fight CLub . . . Skytzofrenia

it certainly does not look like Gordon - unless the other universe has discounted plastic surgery as part of his new salary packaging

I think the Gman/Gordon Freeman theory have already been discussed for so many times I dont care to remember anymore....oh, and the theory itself is just tad stupid :(

G-man isn't even his real name, just the model name. And yes, it stands for Goverment-man.

Gordon...??

Hahahahahahaha

...no. *cough*

I don't think the G-man is even human. o_O

yeah, it says he speaks funny cuase he's not entirly human or sum junk in the strat guide and in RtB

Of course he's human - he was the guy who the marines were taking directions from in HL1 and various add on packs (cant remember what they were called now). But, he may speak funny because he hangs out with aliens now.

Calanen said:
Of course he's human - he was the guy who the marines were taking directions from in HL1 and various add on packs (cant remember what they were called now). But, he may speak funny because he hangs out with aliens now.
Hahaha
Yeah it's like when a North American goes and hangs out in England for a while, they'll get the accent.

Calanen said:

How does that proves he's human? :dozey:

Calanen said:

Nice opinion, but that doesn't explain a damn thing how G-man is a human.

Doesn't explain a damn thing how he is human? Before the aliens, before warps in dimensions or anything like that - there was the G-Man directing gov projects, directing marines, directing Black Mesa. If u wanna say that the US government had aliens in charge of their projects *before* any of the inter-dimensional rifts were opened, im sorry but I aint buying it. You could then say that Gordon, Dr Kleiner, and Dr Breen were all aliens too. But this not likely on the facts.

G-man = German man. There, I've solved the hole G-man bit, I want my reward and the G-man's head!

Calanen said:
Doesn't explain a damn thing how he is human? Before the aliens, before warps in dimensions or anything like that - there was the G-Man directing gov projects, directing marines, directing Black Mesa. If u wanna say that the US government had aliens in charge of their projects *before* any of the inter-dimensional rifts were opened, im sorry but I aint buying it. You could then say that Gordon, Dr Kleiner, and Dr Breen were all aliens too. But this not likely on the facts.
And how do you know he was from the government. And don't say it's because G-man stands for Government man. He sure don't seem to be government at the end of HL1 or anywhere in HL2. And where did the marines take orders from the g-man? I think he controlled the black ops as his own attack force to take control of Xen. Someone pointed out that black ops seemed to be guarding the lambda complex. I think he and Breen were fighting a power struggle over control of Xen, which g-man won but Breen circumvented by striking a deal with the combine.
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

G-man=Garry Coleman
"What you talking bout Gordon. No Gordon I seriously can't hear you!"

I have only read the creators of the threads message and I am probably like atleast the 15th in here who says: ARGH! This has been discussed before so many times!

By the way, G-Man might aswell stand for Gary Oldman, gotta love that actor! +that he kind of look like gordon.

This is just great. I think we get this every month. Somebody beats both Half-Life games and then smokes a bowl. He suddenly gets this "deep" theory that G-Man = Gordon Freeman. He rushes onto the forum to spread this never-before-heard theory to the masses.

And the response is either a lukewarm "Meh" or a "DAMMIT WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE".

Sometimes, a few idiots will buy into it.

It states in Raising the bar, that gman is just a name to class the character has, he has no name. This is coming from valve. So he isn't fro the government. Comprende?

G-man = Garry Man.
G-man is Garry, the creator of Garry's mod. In his briefcase is the manipulator, shotgun, multigun and crossbow.

Gman was his model name. It means Goverment Man. It is defined as that. G-Man is infact a real word. It is an "Agent" to say.
Look it up,
www.dictionary.com

he is clearly from the government - as if G-Man was not a big enough give away - the guy has unrestricted access to a govt facility being Black Mesa. Hes not on the science team. Hes not in the marines. Hey, he must be from where - the govt.

And in one of the spin off games - he does direct marines - u see him giving orders as they board a chopper and leave without you. Cant remember what it was called - the one where u were a marine.

So there is little evidence for saying this guy is anything but an agent in some oversight agency, that knows how to make a shrewd bargain. Given he has free run to move around a govt facility during a crisis, is pretty clear, that he is from the government. At least in HL1, but in HL2 my theory is he has gone freelance.

All I can say is... G-man is not Gordon Freeman. I think the abbreviation G-man is... Government Man...

G-Man=Goverment Man. That stands to it, but I tell you that G-Man is more than a human thats for sure.

What difference will it make even if we know what G-man stands for?

Calanen said:
he is clearly from the government - as if G-Man was not a big enough give away - the guy has unrestricted access to a govt facility being Black Mesa. Hes not on the science team. Hes not in the marines. Hey, he must be from where - the govt.

And in one of the spin off games - he does direct marines - u see him giving orders as they board a chopper and leave without you. Cant remember what it was called - the one where u were a marine.

So there is little evidence for saying this guy is anything but an agent in some oversight agency, that knows how to make a shrewd bargain. Given he has free run to move around a govt facility during a crisis, is pretty clear, that he is from the government. At least in HL1, but in HL2 my theory is he has gone freelance.
How come he can teleport by himself then? I think he have pretended to from the government. You're thinking of Opposing Force by the way, and he doesn't order around marines, he just closes a door for your character so you can't escape, then he teleports you onto an Osprey, which he then teleports to Xen and then to parts unknown. Maybe he is an undercover agent planted in some government office by his... "employers"

Here are things I have posted on other threads. I hope they clarify the whole G-man issue

ríomhaire said:
I've seen footage of HL3

Gordon & G-man are talking
"Hello Gordon as you may have guessed my name is [G]ary Cole[man]"
"OK...I've heard rumors that you are...well...me?"
"What you talking 'bout Gordon?"
"I heard it on the internet!"
"Gordon I am your farther. Give your daddy a hug!"
"I love you dad!"
They hug.
"Why did you send me to fight the Combine"
"I thought we could set up a family business. Here come your brothers Barney and Adrien."
"Hey I still ow you a beer. Do you hear a cat?"
"NO BEER"
"Aaawwwww dad!"

ríomhaire said:
G-man is Gordon after being atacked by Lamarr after the credits. Lamarr makes his face look old and his voice all weird.

Calanen said:

Gman isnt the biggest give away, because thats not even his official name, Valve have already said he doesn't have a name.

Samon said:
Gman isnt the biggest give away, because thats not even his official name, Valve have already said he doesn't have a name.
Do you not think there is a reason the modles name is g-man?

ríomhaire said:
They had to name him something in the model, Barney originally had no name, the internet community just started calling him Barney because that's the model's name, and then VALVe said ok fine, his name is Barney.

AJ Rimmer said:
They had to name him something in the model, Barney originally had no name, the internet community just started calling him Barney because that's the model's name, and then VALVe said ok fine, his name is Barney.

it also said his name was barney calhune in BS and in manual :farmer:

ríomhaire said:
G-man=Garry Coleman
"What you talking bout Gordon. No Gordon I seriously can't hear you!"
rofl, I seriously loled at this one

Yes, because he seemed like a goverment agent type dude, and G-Man means a Goverment Agent like an FBI member.
God...

G-Man is a word. It stands for nothing. It is a word. An actual word. He seemed like a goverment guy in HL1, so they named his model G-Man which is like a Goverment Agent\Man\Person.

G-Man = An actual word. Get overselves and accept it.

"he is not comfortable with human speech" - Strategy Guide

He may not be alien, but he is not completely human... perhaps he's a hybrid.

terrorist420 said:
it also said his name was barney calhune in BS and in manual :farmer:
Blue shift came out some considerable time after the internet community dubbed the guard Barney, had that not happened, his name may as well have been Leonard Calhoun in Blue Shift. My point is that G-man was, just like Barney, named without much thought. Barney because of... I dunno, someone at VALVe has a child that adors barney the dino or sumthin, and G-man because... well he looks like a g-man.

Back