it there a .bsp decompiler out there

jmjneary

Reaction score
just wondering cause i did a map for cs and i want it on css with new stuff

there may be but they can cause huge problems such as textures and geometry being messed up - i found one for HL1 but you would have to google it cos i cant remember where it was, sorry...

if you really made the map, you should have the map file. Porting maps over to source is a bad idea anyways, just remake it from scratch.

yeah, just redo it. You should find it's not so painful to recreate a hl1 map. You'd have to rethink the texturing and props anyway.

has anyone made one that will just pickup brushes and stuff like that?
For example, if i wanted to bring over a map I made for rtcw and make it a DM map how could I do that? Probably easier to just remake it I guess

easier to remake and especially better because you use the rught textures and can make (good) use out of physics engines and things to throw around...

thanks for the imput on this idea and i am gonna try the easier way then if that dont work go for the total rebuild

sabre0001 said:
easier to remake and especially better because you use the rught textures and can make (good) use out of physics engines and things to throw around...
But i dont want it to bring over the textures, just have blank walls, floors, ceilings, ect. that i can texture later

Back