It was a pleasure to post here

Mr.Reak

Reaction score
Well guys and girls, we made it, one year of waiting is almost over, next months we will save Earth once again. I can feel HL2… it’s close!

I was on this forum almost from the beginning, in the May, when it opened. I seen it’s best days, I seen it’s worst days (like right now, with tons of crappy political threads). I never really bothered to make friends here, but still there are people whose opinions I respect and I am glad I am part of the community. Don’t mind my cynical and always hit-miss jokes, just the way Mr.reak’s personality is, not my, really.

Hope you guys will enjoy HL2, and remember HL2.net Off-topic forum IS THE BEST HERE. OFFTOPIC MEMBERS ARE THE BEST, UNITE GUYS!

P.S. Oh yeah, for people who hoped it’s my farewell thread… well **** off, it’s not!

Sprafa said:

Because I am in the good mood that HL2 finally went gold and I feel like spreading love everywhere, that’s why!

Well, good b- oh wait.

I also, am in a good mood at hl2 going gold. In fact, I would be quite ecstatic if it wasn't for other things balancing it out.

And the forums aren't part of the everywhere ?

Sprafa said:
And the forums aren't part of the everywhere ?

God what are you talking about, go post your political articles.

ah yes, whoo, i thought you were leaving us mr. reak, i must now go change my underpants. Just think though, not only is hl2 coming soon, but so is the election, so all these politcial threads will slow down as well so... meh alls well that begins well eh?

I love Offtopic....

Its like a little world in its own where I can ask questions, help others and learn new things all the time. :)

Quality! :D

Innervision961 said:
ah yes, whoo, i thought you were leaving us mr. reak, i must now go change my underpants. Just think though, not only is hl2 coming soon, but so is the election, so all these politcial threads will slow down as well so... meh alls well that begins well eh?

Hey isn’t it time you changed my signature or something, it was there for a while now.

Mr.Reak said:
Hey isn’t it time you changed my signature or something, it was there for a while now.

ah yes,
You may do with it what you wish. May I suggest however:

[A horse is a pig, that don't fly straight.]

Classic scarface, truly classic.

Mr. Reak may be also be right in that this is certainly a changing point for the forum. I'm not too sure what is going to become of this community after today, and this is as good of a time as any to say its been a pleasure.
And may it continue to be.

I've been here for a while too. I've watched it grow and change through good times and...not so good times. Always enjoyed posting though, always :)

It's been a pleasure posting with you all too.

I've made some super friends through here :)

Thank you all :D

Hoorah!

I'm relatively new, but I've seen some crazy shit. :D

I thought you were leaving, Mr. Reak. You made me cry, who would lick my armpit then?

You guys are awesome, this site wastes my time all the time (in a good way :p), and Offtopic ROCKS!

Gloglebaggin' yeah!

I love you all too! ;(
Even though I did join awhile ago I never really started posting 'till August.

/me remembers the days of lurking
Ewww...

can you feel the love!?

*puts on shades and ray charles playing piano face*

by the way i think there should be a section on the forums just for politics and deep subjects etc.

AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Here, here :cheers:

I agree with everything Reak said. I've been here since the very beginning, and since the leak (which was a turning point in HL2 Discussion - starting rumors and spotting random, clipping objects in the bink trailers got tiresome after that point :p ) I've felt like Off-Topic was my home away from home (at home!). Even though I haven't made the biggest effort to get to know you individually, I've always enjoyed being a part of the community. I can feel the love!

GLOGLEBAGGING 4 LYFE :dork:

it's gonna be a shame when everyone's completed HL2 for the umpteenth time, and we all end up dispersing and moving onto bigger and better things. i know i'll probably phase my hl2.net visiting out over the months following HL2s release.

this website has done it's job and more :D online communities don't get much better, and it's something i'll remember for a long time. ah the memories.

but for now, it's party time, because the end is in sight my friends.

*goes off into the chorus of "Que sera, sera" *

:cheers:

Dedalus....You...;(

You know, I never did much think about that. Obviously I knew that eventually it would end...but I never really believed that :) I just hope, that there are some friends and even people who just post here, I do not lose contact with.

Never thought about it in that way, having our little community come to a close and all. It's sad :(

Still a lot of fun times ahead I hope :)

That kinda brough me down, I don't want this to end! waaaaaaaaaaaah ;(

Well lets see what could keep us all together:

1. The friendship we already have
2. The desire for HL2 expansion packs
3. The desire for HL3
4. The desire for new and exciting mods
5. The development of these mods
6. Clans and tournaments
7. Friendly Multiplayer games
8. The friendly debates we have (or had)

Now lets see what kept us together up until this point:

1. The friendships we made
2. The desire for HL2
3. The friendly debates we have (or had)

I think this community still has alot left in it.

Badger, I'm wondering if you guys have plans to set up a HL3.net. :)

Heheh, It could be great just to change the name of the site to www.halflife3.net or something similar.

I seem to remember Munro saying he had the rights to something like that actually..... :cheers:

since the half-life2 discussion started to suck quit a bit right after e3 2k4, off-topic was the place to go, i mean it's just so much more interesting to see the crazy stuff people bid on e-bay than it is to see new members trying to spam their way to higher post counts.

although my registration says i've been here for less than a year, i've been viewing these forums ever since the leak. i love this place, but i can't really see my self seriously posting after the release, so only a few weeks away kids!

been definately worth the wait.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Heheh, It could be great just to change the name of the site to www.halflife3.net or something similar.

I seem to remember Munro saying he had the rights to something like that actually..... :cheers:
www.Halflife3.co.uk
Even though that would basically make it the unofficial UK site I would still go there as long as everyone else did. :D

I'm not going anywhere, guys. ;(

Please don't leave! And if halflife2.net falls apart, we need to keep Off Topic alive. We can relocate!

Don't leave me, all cold and alone!

*shivers in a sudden cold breeze*

I'll probably take a quick break to complete HL2 SP once over, but after that... who am I kidding, I got nowhere else to go :D

Back