Item Trading and a New Game Mode Coming to TF2 Next Month

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
After an update to each of the game’s nine player classes you thought Valve is done updating Team Fortress 2, but no. In fact, the next update will likely be out next month according to PCGamer, and it’s featuring the long awaited item trading system, a brand new game mode, and around twenty new weapons and hats from the Polycount contest. [br]

There's specific information on the new game mode yet – Robin says “We’ll probably start talking about that stuff soon once we’ve figured out how to talk about it.”. They’ll also be including an extra Polycount pack that wasn’t among the announced winners.

Needs more news on the Meet the Medic and Pryo videos.

I so want them.

I'm not too fussed with the polycount pack. While there have been some excellent class updates, I've found a lot of the weapons/hats/misc updates have been somewhat lacking.

The new game mode should be good, though. Not sure what to think of the item trading. It's been so long I don't really care anymore.

Hell yes, just in time. Just crafted my Hustler's Hallmark, and willing to trade it for a tricorne.

I'd like to trade my Hallmark for a Soldier's Stash or a brainslug.

As much as I appreciate these updates, it's a pain in the ass for someone who hasn't played TF2 to go on and see all these different hats and new weapons and that. I don't have a clue what is going on.

...but what's great about the TF2 community is that you have but to ask, and you'll know more than you ever wanted to in a matter of seconds.

edit - I'm wondering how the trading would be accomodated... I envision people changing their handles to "WTT Tyrolean 4 Toque", or sprays doubling as personal advertising, or maybe a forum thread where everyone gets a single post for the purpose of advertising their hat wants or needs, which would be the responsibility of the poster to keep updated, so you would know exactly who to ask for a certain hat (instead of playing 'go fish' on public servers). Maybe Steam will have an addition where you can 'advertise' what you have for trade?

They've had a trading system on tf2items.com, the website owned by the infamous Drunken F00l, which allows you to set up trades with other people for whatever items you desire. I posted a thread about this a few months ago. It's probably going to become a widely used system after this next update comes out. Since I believe Valve has partnered with F00l, despite his recent VAC ban, they'll most likely make the trading system official for people to use.

I wonder if this will lead to the selling of items, ala gold-trading, there are always people with little patience and money to burn.

If people will pay in excess of a hundred dollars for a rare vanity pet in WoW, I could see someone paying for hats and the like.

I'm not too fussed with the polycount pack. While there have been some excellent class updates, I've found a lot of the weapons/hats/misc updates have been somewhat lacking.

The new game mode should be good, though. Not sure what to think of the item trading. It's been so long I don't really care anymore.

I would of thought Item Trading is somewhat redundant at the moment given the lack lustre selection of weapons and hats. when the number reaches 100+ then it would seem more appropriate

I would of thought Item Trading is somewhat redundant at the moment given the lack lustre selection of weapons and hats. when the number reaches 100+ then it would seem more appropriate
There are currently 35 craftable weapons and 53 craftable hats/misc items (from my quick count just now, I could be slightly off). That's 88 items (not counting special ones like Bill's Hat, the Lugermorph, the Gibus etc). The polycount pack will add 17 weapons that we know of, plus at least one extra pack that hasn't been revealed yet. That will bring the total number of non-special items to over 105. So in fact, they are implementing trading when that number reaches 100+.

Indeed.
And I expect Pyro will come last.

Actually I believe in an interview Mr. Walker essentially confirmed the next Meet the video would be the Pyro. But that interview is roughly 3 or 4 months old, and a lot of people believed that Meet the Pyro would be coming out with the Engineer update, of course that never happened.

Robin Walker: We’re still working on Meet the Pyro, which will let you see the world through the Pyro’s eyes.

Source : Kritzkrast

Also I'm hoping that Swizzle's Medic pack is the extra pack Valve chose.

I'm constantly being dropped the ubersaw for some reason?? anyone got something to trade?

Back