Its been a week since our last madness :)

S

SD1

Well, this time last week we were expecting new movies to have been available for download... a week already! :)

Looking forward to tommorow, canney wait, much less 'anxious' and excited this time round

SD

Me to acctualy, Funny isnt it not been as anxious..But still Bloody Exited. ;)

i hope they release at least a few new screenshots or this was not worth the time.

Its only going to be what weve seen before but a Hi Res First Movie (which ever they pick i suppose)..

HI-res movies over stream(100mb and up) I speculate will take days to download. Even on cable.

3000-6000 mbps DSL here.. muahhahahahah

Originally posted by GOoch
Its only going to be what weve seen before but a Hi Res First Movie (which ever they pick i suppose)..
I fear you may be right, but I still hold a faint hope that Valve will give us a gift of a couple new screenies at least for making us wait the extra week.

I can actually understand Valve's decision to wait an extra week. They'll want to use this as another small test of Steam to see how it can handle a "crunch" download peak. That's why they gave it to Fileplanet, to increased the user base a bit.

djkanuk

I know im right m8 cos thats whats been said by the ValVe Blokes..

I can actually understand Valve's decision to wait an extra week. They'll want to use this as another small test of Steam to see how it can handle a "crunch" download peak. That's why they gave it to Fileplanet, to increased the user base a bit.

Is that right ...Well m8 lets hope it s been worth the waite then..Fingers X for tommorow :)

Just remember, when the madness starts, plz post your thoughts in the thread i created.

they say it will be released on monday.. so .. does that mean 12:00:00 am.. or have they set a time that it will happen... ?

...when the madness starts...
ROFL :D
man, I'm excited =) really hope it's some new stuff there too :)
if it isn't, I hope they will release more NEW info a couple of days after or something...

Well really they should be implenting a Bittorrent system, with 3 options:

Seeder: He gets it the first, but he _HAS_ to serve, application will be locked for a set time.

Normal User: He uploads while he downloads, will continue to use free bandwitdh till he pressed finish on the download(So if it autodownloads, it can as well upload while he's sleeping)

Leecher: He will not upload at all, and will therefor be set down in queue.

I think that would take a load of those big release days. Where everything is down.

I cant wait for the media though, even though its still the same.

(zombie voice): giiiimmmmeeee thhe meeedddddiiiaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by FISKER_Q
Well really they should be implenting a Bittorrent system, with 3 options:

I think that would take a load of those big release days. Where everything is down.

I cant wait for the media though, even though its still the same.
I agree. Valve should be looking at some sort of distributed filesharing solution for Steam, otherwise the few-to-many server solution will collapse for key releases.

yeah fisker, bt would be an awesome system to use for new releases. maybe someone should email gabe and inform him of bt :D

I think valve know that anything they release will be on P2P, bittorrent etc within hours from the guys with 10mb fat pipes, it'll work out.

I got an email early this week from Gabe saying the reason for the delay was to add extra bandwidth providers, we'll be good.

SD

Back