Its Coming!

Yeah I was downloading all of HL earlier because so far CS was the only thing I was playing over steam I wanted to check out HL... I was getting it at like 700K/s

Right click on the Steam icon in the system tray, go to where it says monitor.

Things are always known to get released on Saturday's. You know the whole no one at work thing. We may not have to wait till Monday after all :D

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
i download at really fast speeds with steam most of the times. when i was updating cs it was at like 1-2 mbps i dont know if there were a lot of otehrs d/ling though.

Is that on a normal broadband service (ie: 512kb/s connection)?
How is that possible?
Please don't flame me if I'm being a moron. Please.

I also was getting around 1-2 mbps. Thats on cable.

FYI thats around 188 KB/s. Which is actually not all that fast at all. Hopefully with the new content servers, we should be able to surpass that speed (once the media rush calms down). Once it becomes distributed, things should speed up as well.

Adam

I hope thats not bogus because sometimes we cannont see a status bar and we cannot see how much its downloading.

So if its downloading 60 MB at 1.5 mb/s I expect it to be done in about 1 min. The thing is that they dont show the files size that are being downloaded :(.

I very much doubt it will be released on the weekend.. Monday is the earliest we willl see it now.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
$500 says 4:00-5:00pm est
How about you send me $500 via pay-pal when it isn't released?

Originally posted by BWMASTER
I hope thats not bogus because sometimes we cannont see a status bar and we cannot see how much its downloading.

So if its downloading 60 MB at 1.5 mb/s I expect it to be done in about 1 min. The thing is that they dont show the files size that are being downloaded :(.

60MB @ 1MB a second would take one minute, at 1Mb a second it would take a bit longer

Yeah 1Mb is 1/8th 1MB

So 60MB at 1Mb/s would be 8mins

-Kornflake™

to get 1/mb on steam thered only have to be 926.03 people on steam... and theres a hell of alot more than that im sure :(

I'm to lazy to use Steam, I won't install it until I get the version shipped with the game (because I want the automatic updates)

You're too lazy to install it before you go to bed one night, run it and set it to download all the latest resources? That is lazy man, go outside. And while you're outside, make sure Steam's running ;)

Well it's not rocket science.

Install it, and the first time you run it, it might update the platform. You register. Then go into the properties of all the games in the games list and make sure it says "Automatically update this game". Restart. If it downloads then just leave it for a few hours. If not, just try and launch CS from the Steam menu and it will start downloading the relevant updates.

Plenty of help for ya if you PM me or go to www.steampowered.com/forums too.

I downloaded Steam 2.0. And if I got it right steam is downloading steam, weird=)

Back