It's still buggered..

Jimmeh

Tank
Reaction score
So, sorry to start a new thread, but I didn't really want to dig back up the old one.

I still can't install any Nvidia card. If I had it my way I would just wipe off the HD and start over - but the rents have got some important stuff on there, and if anything they're happy I can't touch their computer. Everytime I install, the drivers are in the add/remove programs list - in Device manager, it's still "VGA Device" or somesuch and every time I boot into windows I'm greeted with a new hardware wizard.

I've tried driver cleaners, getting rid of all directories and left-over files, I've tried using the bundled driver disc with my software - which half works - When searching through the available drivers, VGA always displays as "Error", and when it does install I have to manually dig numerous files for Windows, and in the end it just says there was an error installing the device. Same goes for installing it through the new hardware wizard. I've tried system restore, installing through safe mode, updating all my system's drivers etc.

I'm clueless to why it's doing this, at the time all I did was swap a Ti4200 for a 5600. The 5600 worked fine, but it turned out it ran everything like crap. So after swapping it back - It buggered and has been since. :( - Tried swapping the 5600 back, still the same. Tried a 5600XT, still the same. Tried an ancient GeForce 2 MX 32MB, still the same. It's pissing me off now :frown: I haven't been able to play any games on-line since, as my routers a duffer and port forwardings ballsed up on it, and that computer is the only wired connection.

Any more ideas? Is there some setting somewhere preventing AGP or something? lol, I'm really desperate now, Any help would be appreciated.

There is a program on the net, that cleans verry well the old drivers for you, alas, I do not recall the program.

I've tried a couple of driver and cab cleaners but it's still fooked. I really am out of ideas now - I may just have to "accidentally" wipe off the HD...

just to be safe - backup your hd to CDR. Then you can dig up the 'rents stuff when they find it missing and they have a handy dandy backup.

Back