I've had it with these mother****ing quakes on this mother****ing planet!

simonjedi

Spy
Reaction score
4th one this year.
An earthquake in southern Taiwan has disrupted power supplies in the capital, Taipei and caused the high speed rail service to be suspended.

There have been no reported deaths but several injuries from falling objects.

The US Geological Survey said the 6.4 magnitude quake hit about 70 km (43.5 miles) from southern Kaohsiung city.

Four years ago a 6.7 magnitude quake in the area severed undersea cables and disrupted telephone and Internet service throughout Asia.

Several fires broke out after the latest quake, including one in a textile factory in the southern city of Tainan, which sent out huge clouds of smoke and stalled lifts.

Services on the southern half of Taiwan's high-speed rail linking Taipei with the south were stopped pending safety checks. Subway service in the city of Kaohsiung was temporarily disrupted.

Power outages hit Taipei and at least one county to the south, and telephone service in some parts of Taiwan was patchy.

Buildings swayed in the capital when the quake struck.

The quake's epicentre was near the town of Jiashian, in the same area where the devastating typhoon Morakot struck last August.

A Kaohsiung county official told local television that some temporary housing in the town collapsed as a result of the quake.

Troops were sent to the area to check on the extent of damage and casualties, and local reports suggested several people were injured by falling objects.

"It felt like the buildings were going to collapse," Chen Pei-chi, a teacher in Shiaolin Elementary School in a village close to the epicentre told AFP news agency.

"I tried to get out, but my legs failed me because I was so frightened. Many children were screaming while they were running out of the classrooms."

Taiwan is often rattled by earthquakes. A 7.6-magnitude quake in central Taiwan in 1999 killed more than 2,300 people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8548802.stm

The general public would absolutely panic if they knew how many earthquakes happened every day.

Granted, the big ones don't hit every day... but they'd still panic.

Doomsday people love this kind of stuff.

FOUR EARTHQUAKES THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL, SATAN IS COMING TO THE SURFACE!

Yeah earthquakes are really common but most of them no one ever feels... or they last a few seconds...

Remember one that hit the UK about a year and a half ago.

My bed shook from side to side for about 3 or 4 seconds.

But yeah, mother nature is pissed off right now.

So many quakes in the space of about a month. SOMETHING is going on.

Increased snow fall, increased rain fall, mudslides, flooding, freak waves.

Its kinda scary.

is everyone still accepting the notion that earthquakes are real?

open your ****ing eyes.

I wonder why its always the poorer places on earth that always get hit. It seems like the most evolved places with the highest standard of living never gets hit by natural disasters, except for a few exceptions.

When was the last time you heard a hurricane or earth quake hit Scandinavia or Germany, or even France ffs. If God exist, he must really love Europe.

is everyone still accepting the notion that earthquakes are real?

open your ****ing eyes.

It's unbelievable how many people only accept the concept of devastating earthquakes if they are man made with "earthquake machines".

****ing idiots.

It's unbelievable how many people only accept the concept of devastating earthquakes if they are man made with "earthquake machines"

HEY

dont talk shit about Earthquake Machines mkay? :angry:

What are Earthquake Machines anyway? brb google

Kalem_coil.jpg

beware.

What if it's some sort of radical shift in the earths core that's causing the plates to go batshit insane?

WHAT IF WE ARE ****ED>?????

a hurricane or earth quake hit Scandinavia or Germany, or even France ffs. If God exist, he must really love Europe.

Ever heard of tectonic plates? The reason those places don't have big earth quakes is because they aren't located on places where two or more tectonic plates meet.

Also Sweden (and other parts of northern europe) had a hurricane a couple of years ago which killed a couple of people and caused alot of damage.

i live right next to hanscom afb, COOOOOOL

Silly end of the world christians there isn't any more earthquakes since Jesus walked the earth you just never heard of them till we had global communications.

Back