Ive just seen a screenie of the lost coast :eek: :eek: :eek:

Winter? utter tripe......how has a few weeks til release turned into 6 months with there track record? They wouldn't dare.......If it was coming out in winter, why tell us now? I reckon its a mistake.....Aftermath for winter....lost coast in a few weeks, sounds more realistic.

Why doesnt Valve create support for the AMD 64 chios. at the moment they only run at 32bit a because there are no applications designed to take full advantage. This means that an intel 4.6 (hypothetical)gig cpu can be matched by a lowly AMD64 3000+ simply by activating the 64bit capabilities...see what i mean, what a waste of potential.

if ne1 wants to see what the lost coast looks like there is, ahem, information on the worlds 2nd best hl2 community, (come on you know what im talking about...)

1 through 11

when are the Lost coast screenshots gonna are public domain?......I wanna see them

Clockspeed is not all. My 2 ghz amd64 3200+ trounces my bro's 3 ghz Pentium 4.[/qoute]
Yeah, until you race a rather large video render or while mixing/editing music.

I'll just watch a video of someone playing The Lost Coast, I don't have enough ram/good enough vid card. And all my money is being poured into my RX-7, so money for my computer is at a stand still

2.8 P4 OC 3.1
9600XT
512 PC2100 ram.

To the guy who stated "Clockspeed is not all. My 2 ghz amd64 3200+ trounces my bro's 3 ghz Pentium 4."
Yeah, until you race a rather large video render or while mixing/editing music.

I'll just watch a video of someone playing The Lost Coast, I don't have enough ram/good enough vid card. And all my money is being poured into my RX-7, so money for my computer is at a stand still

2.8 P4 OC 3.1
9600XT
512 PC2100 ram.[/QUOTE]

Well my Athlon64 3200 (stock 2ghz) Clocked to 2.4ghz (3800 speeds) should have no problem in running this game. I mean I have no problem running ANY other game out there... 6800GT @ Ultra too.

3400+
X800 Pro @ 540/1140
1 GB RAM

I'm sure they won't let me play ... they'll tell me to get some X850XT and upgrade to PCI express SLI mobo

jonesey2k said:
Clocked to 2.4ghz (3800 speeds)

you have a socket 754 CPU right? if yes, a S754 @ 2.4 Ghz is a 3400+ :rolleyes:

3800+ s939 runs at 3.4 but has 1 MB Level 2 cache memory and supports dual channel memory (128-bit, not 64)

wilka91 said:
you have a socket 754 CPU right? if yes, a S754 @ 2.4 Ghz is a 3400+ :rolleyes:

3800+ s939 runs at 3.4 but has 1 MB Level 2 cache memory and supports dual channel memory (128-bit, not 64)
I have the socket 939 winchester core.
And I doubt any A64 will run at 3.4.... :rolleyes:

I have this:

3200+ 939
1024mb ram
x850xt
450w ocz psu

Lost coast, here i come!

Lol, Valve makes it clear the mission is only for high-end users and then people are complaining "Oh why can't I run it." :rolling: BECAUSE IT'S TO SHOW OFF, it's Valve saying, "**** this and turn on everything. Screw the FPS.". :E

special-ed said:
whats a good price for the 9800?

About 230 bucks for the 9800 XT 128MB version I think (although I would get the 256MB version, seems to have quite an advantage).

Either that, or sexual favours if the seller is this really fat chick/guy.

Whiii, don't you see?

The source engine is just being updated to compete with the other next-generations engines like this Unreal3 Engine & the Reality Engine! Bump maps, HDR, ... And they're doing this via a new level the lost coast! :)

exactly, its illegal to post direct links to scans. what is not illegal is describing somewhere where people may well increase their knowledge about aftermath lol...

ok, so google: half life 2 world using im feeling lucky and check out the forums.

You're right about the scans, they're not quite as useful. Any word if the US PC Gamer has this article? I assume so.

oh ffs no-one is going to knock on his door and arrest him for posting pics from a magazine :/

yeah but isis, i know it seems like its not doing a great deal of harm, posting pics from a mag...thing is in the long run piracy accumulates to th point at which it threatens a companies business which is not a good thing.

without going on a long and involved rant about how it leads to revenue falls (i work in the City of London as a trader and we hate quarterly reports reporting falls in revenue, it means our pay packets get smaller if it happens to enough companies :p ), ill just say it tends to affect the software industry more than anything like publishing, since code can be distributed so easily and anonymously around the net at the moment. this is changing slowly, but im sure the MS stock price will show at least a modest rise when the trustworthy computing initiative comes online.

anyway, since most people reading this board cant even get this mag, in this case i dont think its as much of a problem for future's revenue flow.

Back