Jackasses on servers

mrxskinny

Reaction score
Is it just me or did the quailty of the CS:S community, meaning players on he public servers, go down the crapper really fast. It feels like the servers have denegrated to the point where it feels like i'm playing CS1.6

The first two days that CS:S was opened most of the people I played with were cordial and really polite. I assume it is because younger players weren't able to get a hold of a credit card and order HL2.

Within the next few days, there seemed to be a surge of a lot of smacktards. "Your momma" and vulgar obcenities abound, it kinda makes me sick to play with such dumbasses. :(

Am I the only one that feels this way? :(

Maybe it's just the servers I play on..

I am renting a server soon that will be for mature players only....anyone else will be kicked.... my aim is - squirelgnewild and my email is [email protected] contact me on eather one and i will give you the ip as soon as i have it.

Yep, getting the same thing, some right kiddies seem to be playing lately! getting to be very annoying when all you get is people swearing at each other on the screen.

I have seen servers on CS1.6 where is someone enters words from a banned list they loose money, that seems to curb a lot of the abuse.

It would be nice if there was some sort of age verification service, which could allow you to restrict players to a certain age. This could also have some sort of maturity rating against players. So for example...

I would like:
- People who are over 18.
- People who have greater maturity than a baby mouse age 2.

I will start work now. You never know, this could make me my fist million.

I had some moron screamin at me thoe other night because I kept killing him with an Sig Rifle I think it was. He was screaming "Newton god**** you, pick another ****ing weapon already"......

And that was one of the calmer servers I've seen.

Kohman77 said:
Warez people are asshats :(

:LOL:

Too true mate, it's ok when its isolated to SP games where there retardedness don't brush off on us but when they download source and start hacking...So lame

:sniper: :dork: <--owned

I'm pretty new to this multiplayer fragfest lark (never played the original counterstrike) so I'm pretty shehite at the minute.

But playing source over the last few days is kinda making me glad I never bothered before. I don't know if it's the servers I go on, but the team aspect seems non-existant and if your not instantly brilliant at the game you get abuse and shot at occasionally off your own team mates.

I'll like to pratice and get better at the game, but if your fighting trigger happy allies that don't work as a team, as well as your enemy, I can't see me actually getting any better.

Yeah the idiots are pouring in fast, but if you stick to UK servers the smaller ones you don't see any :)

They're somehow attracted to the 32+ player servers.

As soon as anyone starts insulting or acting like a jackass (even if its not to you) just say "congradulations, you have reached my ignore list." And just start ignoring them.

The halflife2.net servers seem to be pretty jackass-proof servers. Great ping too :)

Been there done that!

But there are still a few instances where it actually clicks - All the players on both sides act like teams... those moments are golden.

As an "adult" I'm finding it hard to find good quality relaxation time. CS:S although tense at times is a great way to unwind. Although I'm a n00b at CS:S I'm used to team based FPSs (Infiltration for UT, UT2K4, AA) the kiddies here don't get to me too much because I usually change servers when it gets bad. I'm hoping that more servers will have active admins that have ready access to the kick button. Like I said, when the game is good there is not a better FPS on the market, but when the kiddies are loose it sucks!

DiSTuRbEd said:
The halflife2.net servers seem to be pretty jackass-proof servers. Great ping too :)

I agree, great people too. Always a laugh to be had.

Heh just spotted you in the servers AcousticToad, your name made me laugh.

DiSTuRbEd said:

Are there uk and us ervers?

What's the ip?

I haven't been seeing anyone on the US servers lately, I guess I'll have to check out the UK ones :naughty:

mrxskinny said:
Is it just me or did the quailty of the CS:S community, meaning players on he public servers, go down the crapper really fast. It feels like the servers have denegrated to the point where it feels like i'm playing CS1.6

The first two days that CS:S was opened most of the people I played with were cordial and really polite. I assume it is because younger players weren't able to get a hold of a credit card and order HL2.

Within the next few days, there seemed to be a surge of a lot of smacktards. "Your momma" and vulgar obcenities abound, it kinda makes me sick to play with such dumbasses. :(

Am I the only one that feels this way? :(

Maybe it's just the servers I play on..

you know, I said the very same thing to my bro the other day.
the draw primarily for me after playing cs:s was the great community.. in quite a few servers (I hop around from server to server lot)

I have not experienced immaturity to a large scale as of yet online in cs:s... but its coming :(

Back