Jailbreak ? Can you Break out?

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
A new mod to break the scene for Half Life 2 is Jailbreak : simple as it seems. Two Teams, Two Jails. When killed players will spawn in the jails of the opposite team, relying on only the skill of their team-mates to open the steel bars and break them out. The final objective is to jail all of the enemy team, the game switching back and fourth till all are jailed.[br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]Features that differ in the 'combat' aspect from HL2:DM include:
  • Radar showing team member and Jail locations in your HUD
  • Icons showing the number of jailed team members and enemies
  • Difficult escape routes with physics and timing puzzles
  • Team dependent trip mines for defence

While currently this is a new Mod's first beta - Jailbreak was created in two weeks by the team of Dogmeat and Wills - several maps are already supported and guides on 'how to' Jailbreak maps is included in the beta.

To select the download which best suits you head over to Jailbreak's releasing newspost here on Moddb

Sounds great. I'll have to give it a try.

-dodo

HaHa, they already did this for UT. Too bad mods don't have copyright.

Of course mods have copyright, concepts used by them don't though. A mod would be copyrighted in it's entirety (much like a book is) plus the individual parts would be (models, textures etc). The style of game play can't be copyrighted though as its an idea, not an "expression of an idea". Thats where patents come into things - patents let you protect your ideas. I've never heard of a game style being patented though.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you do when you are stuck in jail? Just stand around waiting for someone else to bust you out? That sounds pretty boring to me.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you do when you are stuck in jail? Just stand around waiting for someone else to bust you out? That sounds pretty boring to me.
Buttsechs

Simple can often be fun, I think some of the worst disasters of mod projects were the result of over ambition, I'll have to check this out

Not ignorant, pretty good point, I'm thinking maybe a mini game that if done correctly could get you out of jail before the round ends.

maybe in the jail you hav to do soemthing to help your teanmates

At least in the Quake variations of Jailbreak (Quake 2, Quake 3, etc.), you can jump on top of the other players and have everyone keep jumping until one of the guys got into a hole in the jail cell, which then they can maneuver around until they get outside.

how about the cell contains a spoon and everyone has to take turns trying to dig their way out. :imu:

The first post mentioned difficult escape routes, so I assume you don't have to entirely rely on your teamates, if they're inept. I wonder if you commit suicide if you get jailed? This does sound like fun if they put it all together right.

Jailbreak was my favourite mod for Quake III, I wasted many hours in it! Looking forward to playing this :D

Wait until some decent servers are up.

Cheers Depth Charge... But I shouldn't be doing my newsposts before going to bed - but it happens.

Brings me back to gym class in grade school (minus all the guns and blood)! Awesome!

yeah and um.. they can't really be copying quake 2 or ut because jailbreak is like AN OLD KIDS GAME. Remember tag and going in jail? yeah.

LOL if you know how to bunny hop you just slaughter the other team

Back