Jaws(Selachaphobia) Mod

M

mastag83

Selachaphobia means fear of sharks. How appropriate for Jaws.

Have you ever wondered if you were on the Orca do you think you could destroy Jaws? Have you ever imagined that your the only thing standing between Jaws and a beach full of people? Well in this mod you'll be able to find out and more. Find out what it's like to go against the sea's most fearsome creature. You will need to stock up on realistic modern-day water equipment to protect yourself and stay alert to stay one step ahead of the Great White. You and a team of four must pick the right equipment and a the right boat which some have different attributes: Some are stronger some are faster some are more durable. Your team must work together, you need a good driver, a lookout, someone who knows how to manage the equipment and someone good with weapons. In some maps you could use the enviornment to your advantage for example a rundown station with leaking gas pipes could be used to heat up the odds in your favor. Looking for Jaws isn't the only thing you could do on the boat, play a video game, sit down(relax) and learn how to work some of the boat's special features. Do whatever it takes to take down Jaws, people are counting on you. Your boat can also sink once that happens I don't need to tell what will happens next. The mode described up above will have five human players go against an NPC(Jaws).

Other modes such as Sabotage is about one person on the boat who's job is to sabotage the boat so the crew can't kill the shark, it will be random who is chosen but if your the culprit you can push people off the boat and break the equipment, the other crew members must catch you but if they think the wrong person did it and shoots them they just killed an innocent man.

Features:

*Realistic boat damage

*Can pick different boats, each with their own style and attributes.

*There will be different maps, each with there own atmosphere and advantages.

*A variety of a equipment, an underwater cage which can be lowered in the water to watch out for Jaws.

*Realistic dismemberment(Humans)

*Blood & Gore

*Remixed Jaws Theme

*Innovative Presentation

*And More!

I've haven't recieved much help from this mod and still has alot of unfulfilled jobs.

Check out the help wanted page
http://mods.moddb.com/hw/6018/
If you the right skills for some of the jobs layed out please send me a PM I need all the help I can get.

Here goes the direct mod page http://mods.moddb.com/6018/

I've emailed Universal and some guy told me to email someone at NBC to pursue the license I did email them and no response but there probably to busy to even check their email. For the Jaws theme it's going to be remixed for modern day.

y dont you call it somthing else the idea is very good though

Change the name to something still easily recognizable, but not infringing :)

Like, "With Teeth" or "Teeth".

Selachaphobia is the name but I still need lots of help with the mod and gotten none so far.

It will probably never even see the light of day.

well with that attitude ofcourse it wont, you goto be on the ball man you cant just give up on somthing just because no one will help try to learn how to code or model and make a design document or none will take this mod seriously, i love the idea and if i get osme free time i can do some concept art for you but im kinda busy right now, also dont give up so fast you'll get help trust me.

I haven't given up...

It just seems this is going in circle the thing is I'm not trying to learn how to model or code I need people that have those skills already to get this thing moving.

well that doesent help either you have to have atleast on major skill to be a mod leader and it doesent seem that you do and if you want this to pick up try to learn how to code or model or atleast draw concepts.

i think that with this type of thing, you need a much simpiler name. Saying "Jaws" is great to get people to instantly know what the games about, though you have that copyright thing over your head. But then "Selachaphobia" well most mods do well and build a community due to word of mouth, and most ppl seeing that name will be like... wtf? Maybe a simple name like "Sea Hunter" for example? then you can have like Selachaphobia as a side name, so it'll be like "Sea Hunter: Selachaphobia". Me saying sea hunter is just my lame attempt at a name ;) but doing that removes yourself from being connected to Jaws, and also allows you to add various other creatures in the future, once the mod takes off and becomes big :D

If you make an original storyline, you could even go to do addon packs, like Sea Hunter: Jaws or Sea Hunter: Deep Blue Sea (that shark film with Samual L Jackson :D), the possibilities r endless ;)

i think you could also make a cool multiplayer out of this as well. Coop of a single player game would work, but you could also have multiplayer like Humans vs Sharks, which could be very interesting and innotive if nothing else :D ... nice and easy to map as well ;)

Some ideas to help.

The Deep
Dark Blue
The Great White
White Wash
Jagged Jaw
Deadly Depth

I'm not too sure but just mix and mingle some things mate. I'm sure you will get something good. "Sexaphobia" or whatever is too long and too scientific. It's very unique but also long and very stressfull to type out.

Having a very short catchy name which explains the whole mod is one of the most important parts of the whole project!

Another name I was going to use was "Red Water"

Now that I have another name for the mod it still doesn't help being as I have no-team to get the mod rolling.

dude, their making a commercial console version of the game jaws

I know, that's partly where I got the idea from.

This game is like a Spin-off to Jaws Unleashed first you play Jaws in Jaws Unleashed, this mod will let you play as the people hunting Jaws.

This is an awesome idea, however the AI code for the shark would be pretty complex to make it any good so here's a suggestion: make the shark player controlled - this will make things much more interresting :D

i think the game would be much better if the shark was ai controlled. sure it would be very hard to make it any good but still it would be much better.

crackhead said:
i think the game would be much better if the shark was ai controlled. sure it would be very hard to make it any good but still it would be much better.

How so? I sure would love to play the shark and stalk and torment the human team - a bit like invisible guy in The Hidden mod :) This would also make it more organic and challenging for the human team.

That's actually a really good suggestion, it would be easier to have someone play the shark than use AI.

thats why i suggested a Human vs Shark multiplayer :D

the humans hunt in boat... everyone loves a multiplayer vehicle :D ... maybe different types of boats as well, like a speed boat... fast but weak... etc

the sharks hunt the humans... cloudy water and underwater caves to hide in (incase of people inside cages with harpoons). Can attack boats to destroy them and eat ppl if they fall into the water, or get on the boat if it's half under water, like jaws :D Also rip off limbs if your doing that kind of system :D

Can also have a "bait" system. Like humans can throw in powerups (blood covered meat perhaps) to attrach sharks. it gives the shark extra strength or whatever, but it makes them an easy target in the process ;)

I think Red Water sounds a great name for the mod tbh :D

Also, i just wondering what type of job you fill within the team. I would be happy to help out this mod, but i don't really like helping out mods that have a leader who doesn't have any mod skills :( cos they generally fail and it's a waste of my time.

i can help with mapping, map textures (doing the images and the vmt's), and your web design, also some animation for models, but i'm no modeler.

contact me at [email protected] either via email or MSN, and we'll work something out, at the very least, i'd like to help you get this mod started, even if you are only a PR/Manager type guy for the mod.

The fish vs. fish thing that's another idea I had but it would be more work.

I was going to have 2 people are in a big aquarium the people are of course some sort of salt-water animal and the people waiting for there turn in the fight we be watching through the aquarium window sourda like when you wait for a turn in Jedi Academy except you could walk around while your watching the fight.

From making this thread I got a person to help out well it's been a while I need some more help with this.

Basicly I'm the only one on the team so basicly all jobs are open check this link http://mods.moddb.com/hw/6018/ for any skills you have that are needed for some of the jobs.

hey man if u have any work that needs texturing or "skinning" as u like to call it ..give me a shout. add me to your msn roboz40 at hotmail.com

i still think the shark beeing ai would be much better. incredibly hard but better.

crackhead said:
i still think the shark beeing ai would be much better. incredibly hard but better.

Any reason why you think it would be better with AI? :)

Sharks do not need AI. they're like robots, so no AI is needed to make them look realistic/living :)

EDIT: Also im interested in helping you out, please check you PM :)

umm yes the do need ai to make them behave how a shark would as valve didnt make any sharks...

I thought a fear of sharks isn't a phobia because it's rational?

Sounds nice and new, good luck with it :)

I thought a fear of sharks isn't a phobia because it's rational?

thats a good point. maybe hes just got the greek word for shark and put it infront of phobia.

http://www.phobialist.com/

check that out, it's listed there. also some cool ones, like ...

Phallophobia- Fear of a penis, esp erect <---lol
Barophobia- Fear of gravity <---lol how do they live?

Back