Jeebus...

I saw that on the local news here this morning. I only live across the river from New Albany

It works fine for me. Anyway...

Gunfire on I-65 in Indiana Kills Man in Pickup

SEYMOUR, Ind., July 23 (AP) — Sniper fire struck two pickup trucks along Interstate 65 in southern Indiana early Sunday, killing one person and injuring another, the state police said.

One or more snipers shot at a truck about 12:20 a.m., killing Jerry L. Ross, 40, of New Albany, one of the three occupants, the police said.

About the same time, a bullet grazed the head of a passenger in another pickup on the same highway. The driver of that pickup, Brandon Bonnesen of Anita, Iowa, said he and Robert J. O. Hartl, 25, of Audubon, Iowa, were driving to Florida for construction work when he heard a loud noise.

“I cussed a little bit and looked at my friend,” Mr. Bonnesen said. “He was all bent over and I said, ‘You all right?’ ”

Mr. Hartl was treated at a hospital and released.

The authorities closed a 14-mile section of I-65, about 50 miles south of Indianapolis, for about eight hours on Sunday.

The interstate is part of the main direct route between Chicago and Florida and is heavily traveled at all hours, said Sgt. Jerry Goodin of the state police.

Officials were also investigating two other shootings along Interstate 69, about 50 miles northeast of Indianapolis. No one was hurt in those shootings, and there was no immediate indication if the two cases were connected, the police said.

In the I-69 shootings, bullets struck a tractor-trailer in Muncie and a parked but unattended sport utility vehicle at a service station in the same area. The police said both vehicles were struck multiple times.

i don't understand why people flip out like this, did they just say "Hey, let's go shooting?"

My dad told me about how snipers have some weird psychology in them to just do it as target practice, or something, sort of like the DC Snipers did a few years ago.

Either way, it freaks me out...

Whoa, i wasnt too far from New Albany on my mission. I was in Madison, Indiana.

D:

Back