Joyus spirit gone. Grandma nearly killed.

Rocketman9mm

Reaction score
I was just as excited as you all about HL2 coming out tomorrow. But now that means exactly squat to me. Last night or this morning my 82 year old grandmother was broadsided in her car. She's got a broken pelvis, some broken ribs and some pressure on her brain. She's in critical condition, but they say she's been able to talk - but saying things over not remembering. While I am looking forward to HL2, my only wish now is that she makes it through. I'm not going to be able to make it down their till thanksgiving, which will now be all about helping her through this.

So I hope you all enjoy half-life 2, but remember what life is really all about and don't take other things for granted.

That sucks man, I hope she gets well soon. Send her best wishes from the HalfLife2.net message boards.

Something like this certainly puts things into perspective. I wish her a full recovery.

Best wishes to her - I'm sorry to hear that :(. It indeed puts things into perspective, HL2 is just a game, and we should never ever forget that there are things much more important.

Pretend like the Combine hit your grandmother and go after those bastiges with a crowbar!

BTW- sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Solver said:
Best wishes to her - I'm sorry to hear that :(. It indeed puts things into perspective, HL2 is just a game, and we should never ever forget that there are things much more important.

You're harshing my buzz. :hmph:

alehm said:
Pretend like the Combine hit your grandmother and go after those bastiges with a crowbar!

Don't be so insensitive :hmph: - Best wishes mate.

sorry about your grandmother.

But I'm against all people over 75 still driving. They are a danger to themselves and others. We had such a hard time getting my 80 year old grandfather to stop driving. He was having accidents twice a year. Thank god we got him to stop last year, because now we just learned from the doctors that he is severely going blind from one eye, and soon the other eye will follow.

Getting grandparents to stop driving is a very sensitive issue, but nonetheless very important. I even started warning my dad not to put up a fight with me when he will get old :)

Oh yes, and old people should not wield Lightsabers as shown in my display pic.

SIN55 said:
sorry about your grandmother.

But I'm against all people over 75 still driving. They are a danger to themselves and others. We had such a hard time getting my 80 year old grandfather to stop driving. He was having accidents twice a year. Thank god we got him to stop last year, because now we just learned from the doctors that he is severely going blind from one eye, and soon the other eye will follow.

Getting grandparents to stop driving is a very sensitive issue, but nonetheless very important. I even started warning my dad not to put up a fight with me when he will get old :)

Oh yes, and old people should not wield Lightsabers as shown in my display pic.
Lol, I had an old lady come into my workplace, and she was like "I'm a demon on those roads! Everyone moves outta my way!! hahaha!" ....I thought it was the funniest damn thing cause she new she was a pisspoor driver like the rest :p

*EDIT* hope your cat gets well, sucks getting hit by a car :(

We ought to band together and do something for you, say send a card or raise some money for medical bills. I'm in, if anyone else is.

Sean said:
We ought to band together and do something for you, say send a card or raise some money. I'm in, if anyone else is.

lol...

Share the wealth with those less fortunate, eh?

cyberpitz said:
Lol, I had an old lady come into my workplace, and she was like "I'm a demon on those roads! Everyone moves outta my way!! hahaha!" ....I thought it was the funniest damn thing cause she new she was a pisspoor driver like the rest :p

*EDIT* hope your cat gets well, sucks getting hit by a car :(

Ban this prick

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Take care of her, and worry about HL2 later (It will be waiting for you when she is better).

--Dan

thx. everyone. I may visit her this weekend, and definately for thanksgiving. parents are going to her now. I have school I can't blow off. I agree with getting older people off the road if they can't drive. But my grandma is still sharp as a tac, and a good driver.

I'm real sorry. I know how much it hurts to lose a grandparent, I guess you can be glad there's a chance of recovery.
My grandma had a stroke, was in a coma for 3 days before she passed away. Never got to say goodbye.

Happened in 2001...writing this makes me remember how much it still hurts.

Rocketman9mm said:
I was just as excited as you all about HL2 coming out tomorrow. But now that means exactly squat to me. Last night or this morning my 82 year old grandmother was broadsided in her car. She's got a broken pelvis, some broken ribs and some pressure on her brain. She's in critical condition, but they say she's been able to talk - but saying things over not remembering. While I am looking forward to HL2, my only wish now is that she makes it through. I'm not going to be able to make it down their till thanksgiving, which will now be all about helping her through this.

So I hope you all enjoy half-life 2, but remember what life is really all about and don't take other things for granted.

thats really sad, i hope she will be ok. Remember, its only a game.

Good wishes to your Grandma, if you can't make it to her, play hl2 to cheer you up, when people are happy, things seem to go the right way

Either way, life has its turns and your grandmother no matter what happends have probably lead a full and happy life. 82 years old is alot, my grandmother been through 3 heart attacks, braindrip and is paralyzed on her whole left side and shes half dead. She is only 60. Maybe im just insnsitive though but I believe that life ends or continues by our own will and sometimes just out of the blue. Every person is lost in the moment of impact but if you stay in the impact you`ll never get over it.

Dont start the grief if you dont know how things are you just make it worse on yourself. Terrible things happen, but it doesnt change the fact that it has even if it does hurt.

If someone passes away in your life you should celebrate their memories of being good and kind and not grief over their passing, letting grief take over is showing no honor to the happy memories.

Good luck to you

Best wishes!

She WILL be all right, ya hear me?!

-Sincerely,
Nik

I am sorry to hear about that Rocket :( best wishes man. Life is more important than any game.

Man, i know the feelin. My father goes in for his first bout of chemo therepy tommorow.

Just keep your prioritys strait and take care of her. HL2 can wait. :imu:

Back