Just bought a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra.....

R

Raptor_995

.... so HL2 run sweet and looked gorgeous and now im hearing HL2 runs like a dog with no legs on Nvidia based cards!

WTF!?!?!?

389 quid on a graphics card hailed by most places (always been a nvidia purchaser) and im being told the game i mainly bought it for wont run as great as i want\hope\deserve!!!

I want HL2 as much as anyone, the minute HL finished i was like roll on HL2, now its coming and beacuse of my choice of graphics card my experience of the game may not be all THAT!

I know lots of people are probably feeling the same as me, and it may just be some hype thing or just ATi and valve being incredibly supportive of each other (big fat cecks usually help) but as a fan of HL I want to know that Valve are doing everything they can to get HL2 running sweet as a nut and atleast on par with the radeons on geforce cards as they have stated before "we want to give the gamers what they want and deserve, we want fans to be happy" wel at the mo im shit scared ive wasted my money...of course i know i havent because there are some top games other than hl2 coming but, hl2 be the one i want the most!

I know you cant really give me a solution or any comfort because you guys knopw as much as I do, but by christ i think its time valve stop being interviewed and get over to nvidia and sort this all out, EVEN if it delays the game.....with such a fan base it wouldnt be fair to only please the people that chose ATi cards!

Anyways peeps sorry its a long post.......

HL2 will (hopefully *crosses fingers, toes etc* ROCK lml !

it is'nt valve's fault your card sux...its nvidia's fault

FYI valve has already spent 5x more time figuring out how to make the fx line work as good as Ati's gfx cards...i really don't think they can do anymore at the current state.

well... its not valves fault...
its just nvidia cards sucks with dx9...
blame nvidia for that. give your card back and buy a 9800 pro.

are you sure you want valve to tweak it more? and lose even more eye candy than is already lost?

oh mate i feel so sorry for you ,, no wait , i dont your the dick that purchased it , obviously without doing any study ! LOL

If you're going to blame anyone, don't blame ATi or VAVLe. Blame nVidia.

MY advice to you m8, turn back the card and get ATI9800pro.

Originally posted by RedRuM
oh mate i feel so sorry for you ,, no wait , i dont your the dick that purchased it , obviously without doing any study ! LOL

that reply is pure GOLD!! :cheers:

lol guys yeah i wasnt picking at valve i just would have thought being a developer for the people they may have tried to work with nvidia to get Their game running sweet on geforce cards but hey....

as for not researching - BOLLOX - I did research and for most stuff Geforce did stunningly! Im not some little novice to this gaming shite fellas!

oh and i dont think it should matter what card the game has it should run fine!

before the news of it all running crap on geforce cards i bet their were a lot of people buying geforce fx cards

thanks for the negative shite peeps, seems clear to me there are a loada fanboys........

Let the flaming begin........:flame:

Your acting like you have to run it in software mode 320x240 with 5 fps, it's not that bad, just a lot worse compared to the cards in the same priceclass from Ati.

Rape_tor

ATI is way better performance than N. read the games sites before you posts.

I feel sorry for you bro.

There were alot of signs that pointed to this all along though, most people refused to believe that ATIs cards could be that much better.

Hopefully with all the work that valve has done combined with everything nvidia is trying to do......you guys will get some decent FPS without to much quality loss.

I'm pretty upset with nvidia too. I have a feeling they're the cause for the HL2 delays. Nvidia doesnt derserve your money.

well why did'nt you just keep away....btw if you had studied long enough, you would have stumbled on the fact that the FX line's shader capabillities really do suck quite bad...and dx9.0 performance is sub-par...besides why don't you just bring it back to the shop and get it refunded??

I seriously do wanna return the card but dabs want an excuse and i dont think "wont run half life 2 as good a s a radeon 9800 pro will" will cut it as a good enough excuse!

Gorgon, the 5900 U beats the 9800 Pro in a lot of benchmarks...you're either a fanboy or an idiot. Although one could argue that the former implies the latter...

And no, I'm not an nVidia fanboy, I have two 9700 Pros. However, one would be inclined to think that from the performance numbers released before the HL2 benchmark came out, a 5900 U would be a good purchase. You don't know what you're talking about.

Just tell them that you couldnt get the card installed on your system properly due to incompatibility. This happened actually to a friend of mine and he walked in and got another card.

well you can always explain that the dx9 performance is'nt quite what you expected, and since thats directly linked to how the gfx card is going to perform in future games(as it is basically a gaming gfx card right---i mean no one buys this monster to run MSoffice 2003) i seriously doubt the retailer even would have the nerve to say "no refund"...

Originally posted by krarg
Gorgon, the 5900 U beats the 9800 Pro in a lot of benchmarks...you're either a fanboy or an idiot. Although one could argue that the former implies the latter...

In DX8.1 it is but not in 9.0+

Originally posted by Raptor_995
.... so HL2 run sweet and looked gorgeous and now im hearing HL2 runs like a dog with no legs on Nvidia based cards!

WTF!?!?!?

389 quid on a graphics card hailed by most places (always been a nvidia purchaser) and im being told the game i mainly bought it for wont run as great as i want\hope\deserve!!!

I want HL2 as much as anyone, the minute HL finished i was like roll on HL2, now its coming and beacuse of my choice of graphics card my experience of the game may not be all THAT!

I know lots of people are probably feeling the same as me, and it may just be some hype thing or just ATi and valve being incredibly supportive of each other (big fat cecks usually help) but as a fan of HL I want to know that Valve are doing everything they can to get HL2 running sweet as a nut and atleast on par with the radeons on geforce cards as they have stated before "we want to give the gamers what they want and deserve, we want fans to be happy" wel at the mo im shit scared ive wasted my money...of course i know i havent because there are some top games other than hl2 coming but, hl2 be the one i want the most!

I know you cant really give me a solution or any comfort because you guys knopw as much as I do, but by christ i think its time valve stop being interviewed and get over to nvidia and sort this all out, EVEN if it delays the game.....with such a fan base it wouldnt be fair to only please the people that chose ATi cards!

You didn't know since the begining ATI looked better on it? heh.

dabs will take it back, just tell them you cant get it to fit because it needs 2 slots and you didnt know that.

or that you dont have a good enough PSU,

make up something.....

get a 9800 pro btw.

well ive mailed em! hoping to god they let me

sorry if i got a bit cold or hostile (im really a nice guy)

I just hate it when I purchase something reading that it is good and will be fine only to learn its not gonna do what I need it to!

Im sure im not alone!

thanks for your support

gonna order a radeon neway what manufacturer do you guys suggest?!?!?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RedRuM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked that ALOT! LOL nice one

More to the point - where the hell did you buy that card from?

The most expensive I've seen it has been just a little under £350.

i have a GFROCE 4 TI 4600... but i have had it like for AGES lets say before christmas.

i got a new pc with the 3.2GHz now so u all think i should get the...

9800 pro.......or......when is the 9900 pro out? and how mush u all think it will cost, and will it be a gr8 card and worth it?

I also purchased a 5900 ultra And I am the first to admit that it was my blatent pigheadedness that Nvidia could'nt do wrong with their gfx
cards, that got me into this mess.

Im just glad that a bit of smooth talking at my dealer got me
my dosh back, and a 9800 pro on order.

Raptor, can't you exchange your card for the 9800pro? Will the store take it back?

I do actualy feel sorry for you even though i bought a 9700pro ages ago.

It would have been an easy mistake to make a few weeks ago before the Tomb Raider and Halo beta got benchmarked. All i can say is if your buying a card with a game in mind wait untill the game comes out and see what looks good then.

You could try sitting on it and takeing it back, though they might just give you a replacment. Alternitavly pull one of the chips out then take it back say it was faulty to start with and say youve lost all confidence in the product and want something different.

im a long time supporter of nvidia since the geforce2 (before that i had a passthru voodoo2 - which i still have in my draw :) )

but im hopefully gunna get a 9800 pro purely for the fact its a better card...

i want a great card and at the moment nvidia just dont seem to be trying as much as they used too...

therook

if you can return your card and buy a 9800pro :) most have a return srevice... and you can say its just not doing what it should do and by law they should let you exchange it or refund u...

:bounce:

Originally posted by Raptor_995

WTF!?!?!?

it's not valve's fault that nvidia made horrible dx9 cards. valve has put in plenty of time and effort to make up for nvidia's horrible fx lineup

Re: Re: Just bought a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra.....

Originally posted by Pagy
it's not valve's fault that nvidia made horrible dx9 cards. valve has put in plenty of time and effort to make up for nvidia's horrible fx lineup

i agree return it...

get ur money back

shop here

http://secure.addonsonline.co.uk/addon/code/products.asp?recid=1100&subcatid=85

buy that... you have jsut got the BEST graphcis card at the moment!

for 110£ cheaper than ur 5900ultra!

TheRook

arent i good to you!
:bounce:

Originally posted by Jerjerod
Alternitavly pull one of the chips out then take it back say it was faulty to start with and say youve lost all confidence in the product and want something different.

Bwhaha, I'd have never thought of that.

thats what you get for using nvidia. *pets his AiW 9800 pro.

ATi forever!

Back