Just bought a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra.....

jakup how much are you selling you 5900ultra for? i might buy it off you and put it in my mums machine for when she plays solitaire :)

TheRook

im actually serious!

omg stop with the ATI fanboys, Anyway who knows, Nvidia might make a better series of DX10 cards!

Luckily I'm out of this war with my DX8 card, so I aint shelled out any cash for the wrong card, but all you fan boys are getting on even my nerves.

Originally posted by mortiz
omg stop with the ATI fanboys, Anyway who knows, Nvidia might make a better series of DX10 cards!

Luckily I'm out of this war with my DX8 card, so I aint shelled out any cash for the wrong card, but all you fan boys are getting on even my nerves.

im not a fan boy...

i jsut know when ATi have got a better card!

this time they have...

you cant deny it!

TheRook
p.s. if im any fanboy its an Nvidiot :)

:bounce:

Yes, ATi have got the better of Nvidia this time, and everyone knows it. You don't need to constantly remind people, and messages like "ATi Forever" just make me laugh.

lol the first thread i admit ati have a better product than nvidia and im branded an ATi fanboy... jesus people!

STOP!

can say that 1 thing is better than another without being branded a fanboy?!?!

I like Snickers Bars Better than Mars Bars... Im a Snickers Fanboy!!

Christ Grow Up!

TheRook
:flame:

Where did I brand you specifically a fan boy?

I just there were enough fan boys in this thread

the fact you psted after me and you stated fanboy and not mentioning any names signifies you must have meant the person who you replied after...

unless you incapable figuring out how forums work?

TheRook

lol, maybe you should learn how to read posts properly, where did you expect me to post? In the middle of the thread? I didn't have much choise about where my post went . I was addressing many different people in this thread, and just said stop with the fanboys.

stop fighting children. Ironically enough, I was about to buy a 5600 Ultra, and then the benchmarks came out. Now I'm getting a 9600 Pro... more FPS per £ :D

sorry to hear it mate... I'm sure you'll be fine :)

my card won't actually arrive till after HL2.... so I'll see who's best.... but the 9600 Pro seems a good budget choice :)

(I'm not banned :p It's my moderator custom title)

The new drivers will fix it for nvidia also i think...don't worry ...

( i have an ati radeon 9700 pro, but i have to agree with this)

Originally posted by Xenome

New drivers have to increase speeds of 100%. That would be an unprecedented feat...
The all amazing drooltastic 20% increase will not help. 30% wont either. 40% maybe. 50% and they are well on their way. 75% or and it might be nearly competitive. Which amount do you think it will be?

And of course, then we see 3.8... How much will they increase in performance? They dont need to, but ATI have said its the most innovative and biggest update yet, same as Nvidia has said about 50.x...

So if you think on it, maybe the new drivers will even out anyway, and stay on the same scale! :p

Originally posted by Xenome

The drivers won't do anything of any real substance. They'll be written specifically for HL2 and give nice FPS boost. If i were a Nvidia user i'd be wondering what Nvidia did to the internal rendering intructions to achieve this. Fixing drivers for benchmarks and games is not the future, decent chipsets are.

Pigs are ugly, It don't how pretty the hat is that you put on it, it's still a pig. Thats how I now see Nvidia.

From a previous Nvidia user who did his research and jumped ship...hoorah for my 9800

ive played all my games perfectly with this gfx5900. games: bf1942.mohaa,cs,ns,CoD demo.

why would hl2 run like sh!t and no other game...?

very odd.

Originally posted by KaoS87
ive played all my games perfectly with this gfx5900. games: bf1942.mohaa,cs,ns,CoD demo.

why would hl2 run like sh!t and no other game...?

very odd.

Maybe because those aren't Dx9 games?

HAHA YOU GOT THE WORST CARD IN THE WORLD YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO RUN HL2 IN 640x480 WITH AN 8BIT COLOR PALETTE, NO SHADOWS, AND EVERYTHING WILL BE AT 100% SELF ILLUMINATION!

didnt all the ati fangirls talk sh!t about the fx series after the AA/AF incident. As far as i know that problem was fixed. laff all you can now buddy. :D

wow mrBadger. you got me all confused. I was looking through your posts trying to find out why you were banned. Shame, shame for playing such tricks on mentally deficiant nUbs like me....

-Phision

didnt all the ati fangirls talk sh!t about the fx series after the AA/AF incident. As far as i know that problem was fixed. laff all you can now buddy. :D

or perhaps you can read all of this and we can laugh at you

ya you kindda just missed my point. laff all you can now and i so hope something does happen and this horrible drop of fps is fixed. just like the AA and AF problem.

Ankalar are you a total **** up? cause you dont seem to know ANYTHING about graphic cards or whatsoever...

ya you kindda just missed my point. laff all you can now and i so hope something does happen and this horrible drop of fps is fixed. just like the AA and AF problem.

and you kinda missed the point of that article, describing exactly why that won't happen, at least not in an honest way

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
Ankalar are you a total **** up? cause you dont seem to know ANYTHING about graphic cards or whatsoever...
Yes. Either that or I was being cynical because this question is asked every day.

Back