Just got Half life.

G

This morning. Its looking good so far, have only run through the opening cut scene though.

I got the GOTY edition what different about that ?

I also got CS, a whooping 850Mb install :eek: Will i need to update CS or Half life with patches ?

Also is the high defininition pack that comes with Blue shift the best graphics improvments you can get ?

erm.... You'll be fine with hl for single player but if you want to play cs for more than a fortnight you'd better head over to www.steampowered.com and install steam and the get the latest version of CS through that.

Originally posted by MoJo|Night
erm.... You'll be fine with hl for single player but if you want to play cs for more than a fortnight you'd better head over to www.steampowered.com and install steam and the get the latest version of CS through that.

You mean a patch for CS or a full install ?

Cause im on a 56K . anything over 100Mb i wont bother with.

thats cool playing hl1 just before hl2

lucky you. :D

I should go back and play through it again, cant be bothered though.

Damn, I have onboard G-Force 4 graphics , just sold my 8500le 64Mb, and it wont let me play higher than 640x480, if i try and go up to 1024x it says d3d does not support that or something, but surely the o/b stuff, is good enough ? i think my onboard supports up to 1600 x ?

Originally posted by slicknet
This morning. Its looking good so far, have only run through the opening cut scene though.

I got the GOTY edition what different about that ?

I also got CS, a whooping 850Mb install :eek: Will i need to update CS or Half life with patches ?

Also is the high defininition pack that comes with Blue shift the best graphics improvments you can get ?

heheehehhe. where have been for the last 5 years? or have u just got a pc?:cheese:

just download steam m8 it will save u download time etc. only way to play CS1.6 anyway.

Originally posted by Obz
Half life is out?!!??!?!?! :O
nah

that is another stupid kid pretending he got it from his cousin who works at walmart

bastard

:dork:

Its actually not bad. Only played for about an hour. Is it possible to play it in 3rd person mode ?

Its actually not bad. Only played for about an hour. Is it possible to play it in 3rd person mode ?

no, you are gordon freeman...

Another thing, i go to play counterstrike online via the game, and i tryto spectate a game and it says CS version is not up to date 'do yuo want to update it' i click yes and it goes through some update programme only to end in saying your verison is up to date ?

Another thing, i go to play counterstrike online via the game, and i tryto spectate a game and it says CS version is not up to date 'do yuo want to update it' i click yes and it goes through some update programme only to end in saying your verison is up to date ?

www.steampowered.net

get steam, that'll solve all your problems...

anyone else feel an oxymoron floating around here (oxymoron = sentence with two opposite meanings, not you are a moron :p)

Type Thirdperson in the console. When you want to go back to first-person, type Firstperson in the console. You may have to set the camera to the right fitting. I forgot how to do it though :eek: .

I just reinstalled my version of halflife last week and had a similar problem. The update detection doesn't seem to be very accurate. What I had to do was download the latest patch for halflife manually.

Try the patch at: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life/

If you've only just downloaded and installed counterstrike 1.5 it shouldn't need updating. The only problem with 1.5 is that it has only 2 more weeks of online life. Version 1.6 has been released and in 2 weeks time it will be difficult to play the older version online. As MoJo|Night said, you'll then need steam and v1.6 to play. (and yes, it is a full install, plus you first need to install steam)

i'm not gonna read this thread, but i'm just letting you know that CS is free....i know you're on 56k, so why would you even want to play multiplayer? you're just gonna suck from lag :\

i hope you have fun though :p

Back