Just Got Visual Studio .NET 2k3!

Estevan

Reaction score
Man this program is awsome! It give hints and little helps when your coding omg i love it! Anyone else got this sweet lil program?

I made a stupid little generater in like 15 minutes :D

I do too

It almost makes things too easy sometimes. I mean, VB just generates most of the code by itself.

Indeed. The Studio itself is awesome though.
I mostly use Java, so no using VS .NET for me (or I would want to program J++ :))
I quite like Netbeans myself, it lets you put all your code in yourself, so after some programmes you really know stuff about certain methods etc while in .NET you don't have to pay any attention to that.

I uses Visual Studio to write my C++ programs and find it really useful for debugging etc...

I use Visual Studio .NET 2k3 for pretty much everything. Once you get friendly with it it becomes the most powerful tool in your arsenal.

qckbeam said:
I use Visual Studio .NET 2k3 for pretty much everything. Once you get friendly with it it becomes the most powerful tool in your arsenal.
Depending on which language one uses, that is :)

I've got a question about the Microsoft Visual Studio .net 2003: Is it necessary to activate the software online or via telephone after the installation to be able to use it?
If yes, I hate Microsoft! ;)

If yes you mean you pirated the software?

Have you ever run the VB.net code convertor on a visual studio 6 piece of code ;)

Now that's funny.

^Ben said:
If yes you mean you pirated the software?

Have you ever run the VB.net code convertor on a visual studio 6 piece of code ;)

Now that's funny.
No, I really haven't pirated the software. I have the trial and registered me and wondered, if one has to do this with the full version to. I understand, that they only can be sure that the trial is only used 60 days, if people register. But I don't really know why this is necessary with the full version ... I don't like if I have to "inform" Microsoft about every installation I make ...

You have the option of registering by phone or email for the academic version.

Dunno about the full version.

^Ben said:
You have the option of registering by phone or email for the academic version.

Dunno about the full version.
Well, then I guess it's the same with the full version, but as an academic version AFAIK is a professional version and as I would buy a academic version, the answer helps me much. Thanks! ;)

There's this programme, "Academic Download" which lets you download MS software for a small price. Here in Belgium I pay about €35 to have a 1-year subscription.

Downloads include
- all Windows versions (even alpha LongHorn & all types of server versions)
- VS .NET
- Office versions

I think almost literally everyting MS made sofar. Ofcourse you have to be a student to get this.

I got it for free... MSDNAA... Windows and Office for 5 bucks also... Along with Visio as well...

i got visual 6.0 for free and photoshop 8 CS for free

and windows xp pro for free

beat that

I got Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect for free! :p It's a value of 3000$.

botman said:
Please wait by the front door with your hands on the wall for the Microsoft Piracy Cops to arrive.
[size=+1]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!![/size]

ha hahah ha no haha seriously though heh. He could have gotten it legally. some schools can get microsoft software free...

oh, wait, nm. i just remembered, VS .NET isn't included... it's the educational version, and you have to order the CD anyway...

well. anyway. Zero... we're all very impressed with your 1337 ability to use bittorrent (or whatever) but don't talk about it at the forums (IMO).
As long as you don't say how you wont get banned or anything, but there's a fair chance you'll get flamed, and we don't need any more excuses for flaming around here...

actually, it might not be flaming. just a dull lecture on the evils of warez. trust me i've seen it before.

Phisionary said:
[size=+1]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!![/size]

ha hahah ha no haha seriously though heh. He could have gotten it legally. some schools can get microsoft software free...

oh, wait, nm. i just remembered, VS .NET isn't included... it's the educational version, and you have to order the CD anyway...

well. anyway. Zero... we're all very impressed with your 1337 ability to use bittorrent (or whatever) but don't talk about it at the forums (IMO).
As long as you don't say how you wont get banned or anything, but there's a fair chance you'll get flamed, and we don't need any more excuses for flaming around here...

actually, it might not be flaming. just a dull lecture on the evils of warez. trust me i've seen it before.

Mine is 100% legit...MS VS .NET Professional ... I got it from school... Ball State University...

I've been using a text editor for years, just downloaded the free MS Visual C++ Express 5 Beta - get it while you still can.

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/

The main link is a downloader itself, click on "Having trouble downloading?
Click here for manual installation instructions." for full downloads.

Having said all that, since i've gotten used to editing in a simple editor, compiling from the command line, it's all just too much to move onto something like that!

OK, OMG.

This thing doesn't even allow

Code:
#include <windows>

It insists on a .h at the end. Someone else share in my disgust.

Back