Just had a Thought!

Reaction score
Ok in this thing i read about HL2: Aftermath, it had the sentence "Flight from City 17" Now remember when u inside that thing... and u r on this Tran like thing.. and u see Mortar Synths and Crab Synths well after u see Mortar Synths u see 3 Combine Gunships leavin the citiadel.. I had a thought that the G-man managed to reverse time.. and put the Alyx and Gordon who destoryed the Citadel Dark Fusion reactor in one of the Gunships, Gordon looks out of the Gunship and sees himself... Going through the tram thing? Bad idea or not...

Which ones are mortars and which ones are crabs!? post screenshots if you can..

Sufferin-rebel said:
Now remember when u inside that thing... and u r on this Tran like thing..

:| do you mean when you are in the iron maden type thingy on the conveyor belt and you have a little tour around the citadel

special-ed said:

Ok the BIG things r Mortar Synths the little things about the size of a headcrab is a Ironically put.. Crab Synth

B-MAn said:
:| do you mean when you are in the iron maden type thingy on the conveyor belt and you have a little tour around the citadel

Yay That :p

Oh you mean those organic looking creatures with four legs are mortars?

Nah, don't really like that idea. No he should put them both right in the middle of the citadel, just imagine hearing a loud boom, the whole thing shaking and then having piece of the roof fall past you down into the citadel from inside. Sweeeeeeet...

i like the idea, but i think it will be barney flying those things...
And alyx jump on of those things before it explodes..

and the others are there also (kleiner etc..)

Sufferin-rebel said:
Ok the BIG things r Mortar Synths
No thats the crabs

Sufferin-rebel said:
the little things about the size of a headcrab is a Ironically put.. Crab Synth
That's the mortars. They're actualy about the size of a bullsquid

Sufferin-rebel said:
Ok in this thing i read about HL2: Aftermath, it had the sentence "Flight from City 17" Now remember when u inside that thing... and u r on this Tran like thing.. and u see Mortar Synths and Crab Synths well after u see Mortar Synths u see 3 Combine Gunships leavin the citiadel.. I had a thought that the G-man managed to reverse time.. and put the Alyx and Gordon who destoryed the Citadel Dark Fusion reactor in one of the Gunships, Gordon looks out of the Gunship and sees himself... Going through the tram thing? Bad idea or not...
Where would you sit inside the gunship?
Between the lungs and lungs?
You get my point: Gunships are organic/mechanical, and are driven by their own intelligence.

Yeah, "flight" is just synonymous with "escape".

Not that it's a bad concept - making the player go "aaaah" like that, that's cool. What is dodgy about your idea is that the Gunship is a creature, so unless you fit it with a saddle you can't fly it, and also that Gordon would need to escape from the citadel in the first place, considering the ending to HL2 :sleep: (last one is Valve's slip-up, not yours)

special-ed said:

The hovering ones are the mortars

The ones that walk with antennae stuffed up their ass are Crabs

how about gordon freeman goes in the time machine back to WWII era, and the combine follow him. being in that time, he will also have the nazis onto him.

Well I simply thought the 3 gunships i see, Would be used in HL2 Aftermath.. Them gunships were screaming for it :p :naughty:

KoreBolteR said:
how about gordon freeman goes in the time machine back to WWII era, and the combine follow him. being in that time, he will also have the nazis onto him.
:::SPOILER:::

Gordon goes back in time and crowbars Hitler in the face, ending WW2. This prevents Black Mesa from ever being built for some reason.
It turns out the G-man is actually the 'original' G-man: Harry Truman. His 'employers' are the American taxpayer, and they appoint Freeman as Secretary Of Agriculture.
Then Gordon and Alyx spent the next twenty years having sexy agriculture-based adventures in the fight against communism.

:::ENDSPOILER:::

Best ending evar!

Back