Just one map?

B

Barbarian

I've heard that perhaps there will be only one map: the most overplayed, unbalanced, featureless map in counter-strike, de_dust. I thought that at least they'd put a cs_ map in to test stuff out. Am I wrong?

I heard there is one other test map. Just to test out different physics features or something like that.

well somone mentioned a test map for benchmarking source features that wouldnt be in De Dust, water and stuff i guess.

Barbarian said:
I've heard that perhaps there will be only one map: the most overplayed, unbalanced, featureless map in counter-strike, de_dust. I thought that at least they'd put a cs_ map in to test stuff out. Am I wrong?
De_dust is way more balanced then de_dust2

Pauly said:
De_dust is way more balanced then de_dust2

Wrong. D2 is probably the most balanced map. Ever.

The trouble with dust is that which ever team wins the first few rounds tends to keep winning.

Liam said:
The trouble with dust is that which ever team wins the first few rounds tends to keep winning.
I thought this happens in all maps ..

the other map that comes wit the beta is some sound test map only 300kbs de_dust is 10 mb

Included in the CSS beta will be:

-de_dust
-test_speakers

I assume that test_speakers has something to do with sound, maybe.

Come on marty keep em guessing about somthing!!! 500 physical impact sounds ... WHOOPS!

Liam said:
Wrong. D2 is probably the most balanced map. Ever.

D2 is soo T stacked.

Dust is balanced.
Now if they released cs_assault, then I would have been a bit disapointed (unless it undergoes ALOT of changes).

The problem with dust is that teams tend to camp after they lose. That leads to more and more losses... jut my opinion.
If Terrorists rush, then they can win.

Back