Just Played Episode 1 again...Sweet game

gordanboy1

Reaction score
Not my favorite game in the HL saga, but I still love the amazing graphics over half life 2.

All the HDR lighting etc... & I love the detail they put into the reactor, super sweet.

I just finished it before, man that map "Lowlife" is really depressing.

Great game.

OMG!!

Just look at this amazing game :E

31908455vs7.jpg

Perfect quality visuals, BTW I'm loving this modified gravity gun.

Hope we get it in episode 3. :naughty:

valve said they weren't gonna put it in ep 3, cuz it was too difficult to incorporate it in the other games. i was extremely disappointed when i heard this and i hope they change their minds

yea i just cleared this aswell today as my playthrough of HL.

reflex I was reading your sig, :) You will love episode 2, for a much more open scale game valve did such an amazing job. IMO in owns episode 1.

well I hope we see it again. At least for a few maps.

Even the the black hole grenade.

i already said on the first page there wasn't going to be the blue gravity gun in ep 3 according to valve

Episode 1 doesn't pull of the amazingness factor the other games have, but this is mainly for it's 'too close' similarity to the original HL2. But its incredible fun, and i've played it 4 times... Episode 2 now... now we're talking :)

I think Lowlife has what's perhaps the best atmosphere of the Half-Life saga. It's an annoying chapter though.

The physics puzzles in the game are really annoying, even if they're limited.

The super gravity gun chapters are better than those in HL2, although super GG is basically easymode, and it gets repetitive.

The best thing about Episode One is probably that Alyx becomes a character the player cares about.

i was abit freaked out when she made zombie noises because i had just killed all the zombies i turned around and thats when she does it and i was like wtf. :p

I still f***ing hate the end of Lowlife. I F***ING HATE IT!!! I always play that bit on Godmode now so I don't get killed a million times.

I still f***ing hate the end of Lowlife. I F***ING HATE IT!!! I always play that bit on Godmode now so I don't get killed a million times.

The end of Lowlife was fine, and about the zombies, i was always using the fire dynamites on them.

The first two chapters are perfect, trumping the earlier citadel levels or perhaps simply complementing them by showing what happens when combine technology breaks down. Then it kind of nose-dives: Lowlife is a scarier Ravenholm but feels clunky after the tense early chapters. Urban Flight takes place in a shoebox version of City 17 and Exit 17 is such a genre-cliched low-point that the game still doesn't acknowledge that you've reached it nearly three years after release...

I didnt find it hard :|
I also don't like the ending where your up against that strider and you are jumping and tring to get from platform to platform, it's not hard only abit but just annoying :hmph:

I didnt find it hard :|
I also don't like the ending where your up against that strider and you are jumping and tring to get from platform to platform, it's not hard only abit but just annoying :hmph:

For me it wasn't annoying, actually it was pretty fun and cool.
Just a few rockets and bye bye strider.

Those antlions are so freakin annoying. I'll hope we will have antlion-free EP3.

after playing "lowlife", episode 2 is F***ing utter bliss.:)

Plus the flashlight in lowlife keeps going flat. episode 2 is so much better.

I just purchased the orange box and went through Half Life 2 just fine and now have statrted episode one. I can't seem to continue on. After Dawg lifts the wrecked gun ship or what ever it is Alyx and Gordon move to the edge of the huge drop off. Gordon drops down to the ledge and goes left on the narrow path ,goes under the pipes protruding from the wall and comes to a gap in the path to wide to jump . Question how in the hell do you continue as I can't seem to find anyway around it---Elsaber

Originally Posted by G(ordon)-man
Those antlions are so freakin annoying. I'll hope we will have antlion-free EP3.

On the contrary, I hope we get to fight the antlion king from the original concept art

Antlion_king.jpg

From Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, by Ted Backman: The Antlions were to have a patriarchal society, much like ants have a queen, but this was to be a creature even larger than the Strider. For a rough idea of scale, in the maquette, Gordon is stuck between the toes of the beast, which towered some 60 feet. During development, the topside Antlions started working, and more and more of the underground spaces were cut, until eventually there was no place left for the King.

I just purchased the orange box and went through Half Life 2 just fine and now have statrted episode one. I can't seem to continue on. After Dawg lifts the wrecked gun ship or what ever it is Alyx and Gordon move to the edge of the huge drop off. Gordon drops down to the ledge and goes left on the narrow path ,goes under the pipes protruding from the wall and comes to a gap in the path to wide to jump . Question how in the hell do you continue as I can't seem to find anyway around it---Elsaber
Try jumping over it.

How is that meant to be an Antlion? Even for a piece of concept art that looks far too removed from the antlions we know to possibly be part of the antlion race. Just my thoughts.

I know, I don't like the look of it either. But it's only concept art, so if it had been in the game, Valve probably would have changed its appearance greatly (hopefully). I do like the concept of fighting an antlion king that looks good though.

I know, I don't like the look of it either. But it's only concept art, so if it had been in the game, Valve probably would have changed its appearance greatly (hopefully). I do like the concept of fighting an antlion king that looks good though.
But we got the Guardian! Why have a king when you can have a reskinned Guard!

Back