Just saw Farenheit 9/11

thehunter1320

Reaction score
well... not just saw, but anyway

it was a great film! told me the truth about what was going on... but i have a question... where was that bit about the patriot act? did i fall asleep?

dood, it's well known that he made stuff up, by NO means is this movie to be taken as truth!

A2597 said:
dood, it's well known that he made stuff up, by NO means is this movie to be taken as truth!

Why? Because it wasn't made by a flag-waving yahoo?

A2597 said:

the new york times have stated every fact in the movie can be verified and is in the public record. Look it up

Cybernoid said:
Why? Because it wasn't made by a flag-waving yahoo?
Naho, dat old Micha-el more ain't talking the trooth about nothin, he just usin dat magic pica-ture box to get his face out there.

I trust Michael Moore alot more than most other american "truth-sayers". Haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet, waiting for it to come to Sweden but Bowling for Columbine was utterly brilliant in every way. Also Dude Where's my Country is always good as is The awful truth

because even he is forced to admit that he made it up.

if you didn't base things on fact, or took liberties with fact, it becomes fiction.
look at ANY news site's review on this, every single one will state how he has made stuff up.

I could say that John Kerry is Saddam Hussains brother, and both have plans to take over china in the next five months. Doesn't mean it's true. Same thing in this case.

I mean, c'mon, use your brain for 5 seconds and you can see that this guys hypothosis doesn't hold any water.

A2597 said:
if you didn't base things on fact, or took liberties with fact, it becomes fiction.
look at ANY news site's review on this, every single one will state how he has made stuff up.

look at any righwing/conservative news site, and then will your statement be true

A2597 said:
because even he is forced to admit that he made it up.

I could say that John Kerry is Saddam Hussains brother, and both have plans to take over china in the next five months. Doesn't mean it's true. Same thing in this case.

I mean, c'mon, use your brain for 5 seconds and you can see that this guys hypothosis doesn't hold any water.

one more time: the new york times have stated every fact in the movie can be verified and is in the public record. Look it up

why dont you back yourself up with this statement? show us the news sites saying this, show us everything that is saying its all fake. Ive seen Bowling for Columbine but i havent seen farenheit 9/11 yet, im damn sure its all true though

sounds to me as though he has not even seen the movie, just basing his opinion on his fascist outlook

I remember watching TV and 2 different news channels did a review of the movie and they shot down everything in the movie(atleast the stuff they mentioned in the review).

He said that Bush was completely dumbfounded(the 7 minute timer thing in the classroom), which was untrue. Some person found interviews with the teacher and the principal and said he was calm and collected.....(I feel like I have posted this before....)

pat_thetic said:
He said that Bush was completely dumbfounded(the 7 minute timer thing in the classroom), which was untrue. Some person found interviews with the teacher and the principal and said he was calm and collected.....(I feel like I have posted this before....)

have you watched the movie?

im going to watch the movie soon... then i shall assess it myself. :)
pre-movie... i think its *possible* but taht does make it *probable*, especially when it comes to these conspiracy theories. If your looking for something, u can always take a stance and bend facts to what your looking for, if you look at events from one aspect you can see how Bush is a war hungry, blood thirsty monster to the world, then again he's a patriot standing up for freedom and revolution in other countries.
up to you.

oldagerocker said:
im going to watch the movie soon... then i shall assess it myself. :)
pre-movie... i think its *possible* but taht does make it *probable*, especially when it comes to these conspiracy theories. If your looking for something, u can always take a stance and bend facts to what your looking for, if you look at events from one aspect you can see how Bush is a war hungry, blood thirsty monster to the world, then again he's a patriot standing up for freedom and revolution in other countries.
up to you.

every fact has already been substantiated

CptStern said:
every fact has already been substantiated

Easy up... He was just staying that sometimes facts can be interpreted differently.

Although it'll take a heroic effort in this case to view the facts in a positive light. But let him go until he sees the movie ;)

ahh, the person who made the movie is a clever guy, a good film maker.

...a little while ago, i read in the paper that scientists showed some adverts to people which were themed on historical events, all of which wernt historically correct to promote the product.
After watching the adverts throughout the people's daily lives they were asked questions about the actual historical facts which they should have known, the answers they gave came from the adverts not real life...

Therefore what you see can alter your perception, the whole documentary, style of filming, music used, use of quotes, colour etc is all used by the maker to force the point and to convince the audience. remember, he's making allot of money out of it and does it well, but you have to remain skeptical. If the government was up to anything dodgy (which im sure they are), it'd all be kept secret, well away from people like this, and he wouldnt have anything to make the documentary on.

Then again, you can go into political influences on media, in which case you can say the news the average joe experiences is filtered and biased, therefore taking a person such as the guy that made the documentary (Micheal Moore, i know there's some other american conspiracy man that researches all this) to go through all the news reports to determine the truth.

But you've always got to remember, this guy has an agenda, to be controversial and make money out of peoples doubts.

I just watched it, and there really isn't that much new information. Though there are some very disturbing shots of Iraq in there. It's an interesting take on the Iraq situation, but take it with a grain of salt, as it's very one-sided.

I heard that there is another movie being made by another individual that debunks all the "facts" that Micheal Moore states in his documentaries. I'm sure many of you will go and see that right?

I cannot see why people are getting all critical about this, wasn't The Passion Of The Christ the same way?

(Note: I have never seen these two movies so I cannot prove or disprove anything about them. I will eventually see them, and it's because of controversy like this that makes me want to see (and judge) them even more.)

A True Canadian said:
I heard that there is another movie being made by another individual that debunks all the "facts" that Micheal Moore states in his documentaries. I'm sure many of you will go and see that right?

I cannot see why people are getting all critical about this, wasn't The Passion Of The Christ the same way?

(Note: I have never seen these two movies so I cannot prove or disprove anything about them. I will eventually see them, and it's because of controversy like this that makes me want to see (and judge) them even more.)
The move is called Michael Moore hates America, and I think it is being made by a guy from Minnesota...but I am not sure.

michael moore is one of the stupidest people i ever know

-merc

merc said:
michael moore is one of the stupidest people i ever know

-merc
I saw him on the daily show, he even lies and exagerates in person...wow.

Foxtrot said:
I saw him on the daily show, he even lies and exagerates in person...wow.

Hey, I'm interested...

How did he lie and exagerate?

I saw the movie 2 dayz ago , and it is really good! I recommend the movie to everyone its a must see.

Foxtrot said:
He said that 70% of America is liberal...
It probably is, depending on how you define liberal.
Obi-Wan said:
Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Eejit said:
It probably is, depending on how you define liberal.
If you vote liberal you are liberal....that is what he was implying. How everyone elected to office is conservative even though 70% of america is liberal...that is the context he used it in.

Foxtrot said:
If you vote liberal you are liberal....that is what he was implying. How everyone elected to office is conservative even though 70% of america is liberal...that is the context he used it in.

So, 70% of the 40% that vote are conservative. That means about 29% of America is voting conservative.

He is implying that the non-voting section of America is liberal. He may be right, or he may be wrong. I see no evidence either way.

Pogrom said:
So, 70% of the 40% that vote are conservative. That means about 29% of America is voting conservative.

He is implying that the non-voting section of America is liberal. He may be right, or he may be wrong. I see no evidence either way.
The non voting people don't matter though, so it would make sense that he implied the voting america...otherwise who the **** cares what the non voting people think?

See, in America there are these things called "Lawyers". They like to do things such as "Sue" people who make up things and try and pass them of as the whole truth. Michael Moore, who many people belived he lied about alot in Bowling for Columbine, was never sued for anything related to that movie. Why? Because he didn't lie in it.

I'm not sure about the specifics in F9/11's case, but generally documentaries are checked by these "Lawyers" before a publisher will agree to publish it.

Yes of course he puts a very strong spin on it. But I'd say you're going a little far (or reading alot of s***) to say he out and outs lies.

SidewinderX143 said:
See, in America there are these things called "Lawyers". They like to do things such as "Sue" people who make up things and try and pass them of as the whole truth. Michael Moore, who many people belived he lied about alot in Bowling for Columbine, was never sued for anything related to that movie. Why? Because he didn't lie in it.

I'm not sure about the specifics in F9/11's case, but generally documentaries are checked by these "Lawyers" before a publisher will agree to publish it.

Yes of course he puts a very strong spin on it. But I'd say you're going a little far (or reading alot of s***) to say he out and outs lies.
Lie is a very loose term, and his movie was turned down several times. Maybe they interpreted the movie a little different from someone else and saw it as lieing.

Foxtrot said:
The non voting people don't matter though, so it would make sense that he implied the voting america...otherwise who the **** cares what the non voting people think?

Well, since he is always going on about getting people to vote, I am more inclined to believe he was referring to ALL of America. And it is not like the non-voting population all choose not to vote.

I think his point is that (he believes) most of America is liberal. But the voting system favours the conservatives, so they want to keep the status quo.

And as for non-voting people not mattering... Please explain yourself. Do you mean in this matter they are not to be considered, or that they flat out don't count?

Foxtrot said:
Lie is a very loose term, and his movie was turned down several times. Maybe they interpreted the movie a little different from someone else and saw it as lieing.

pogrom, this is why I keep posting the line:

"the new york times have stated every fact in the movie can be verified and is in the public record. Look it up"

people who don't vote are wavering their right to change their contry, therefore either they jsut dont care and life is alright whoever gets voted into power or they literally cannot vote due to some reason.
i dont understand much about the american political system, but how can a democracy favour any particular party other another?
On Micheal Moore not getting sued is because of disclaimers, free speech and the fact he does say its his opinion using long words that people generally dont notice. I doubt he's specifically say something, knowing it could result in a lawsuit... he'd give you the 'facts' as He see's them and let you make up your own mind, based on his biased 'facts'. Im sure he doesnt come out flatly with "George Bush is a monkey-man!", because he'd get in trouble, and he's not so stupid as to get into that sort of situation.

Back