Just to shut all skeptical people up....

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Some of you are so concerned about HL2 being sub-par and not living up to expetations. For christs sake people, STOP LOOKING AT THE ONE NEGATIVE OR EVEN NEUTRAL PIECE OF INFORMATION WE GET MAYBE ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS OPPOSED TO THE 1000's OF GREAT PREVIEWS AND EVERYTHING GABE AND RICK AND ERIC AND WHOEVER ELSE ANSWERED ALL THOSE EMAILS. LOOK BACK AT THE EMAILS IF YOUR SO CONCERNED!

Graphics- YES, the graphics will be just as, if not better, than what we saw in last years E3 videos.

AI - NO, we have NOT seen the AI's potential, if your so concerned about it sucking, read back about 8 months ago when they said all the things AI could do. It's very apparent the E3 demos were STAGED.

Physics - You have to be KIDDING if you don't think HL2 will have the best implemented physics system. The world is obviously 98% interactive, don'
t cry if you can't destroy every building and piece of wood in the world.

Vehicles and weapons - Your just SAD if your going to call HL2 sub par because its using the weapons from hl. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE NEW WEAPONS, AND ALOT OF THEM. Vehicles, we've seen ONE BUGGY! I'm pretty damn sure we'll be driving alot more than just a buggy...god people get real.

Sorry I felt the need to do this rant. People are already mocking HL2 and knocking it down over one damn article. You guys all completely forgot all the information we received what may seem like, but isn't, a long time ago. Last year, everything we heard and found out about source, IS true. Stop listening to a bunch of idiots who criticize every game that comes out. Have a little damn faith in valve. :angry:

Good post guinney, we really don't know jack shit... we will now everything for 100% sure the day when we can play the game

(I just relazied(sp?) that i have been a member here for a year! YAY!!)

Let us all gather round like a tribe and pour acetone onto the bonfire!!

Makes me proud to post here*.

* Not actually true

amen, can't wait for the game, and let's hope we'll get to see some juicy stuff from E3... which should be going on right atm if it's 10:30pm here in australia, or am i completely wrong?

yes i belive guinny has a point if somebody says something bad about hl2 everybodys takes it for granted! c'mon don't belive everything u read! just wait for the game to come out! So what if it has the weapons from HL? that's a GOOD THING cuz u'r playing Hl2 where graphics and physics are 100% changed so that's gonna be a new experience! + think about the TONES of guns and maps that are going to be made! so just relax kick back and LAUGH MORE! DON't be haters!!

I saw a post on another forum just now about how the members here all flame people for saying that HL2 isnt as good as they thought it should look in the new screens.....

Anyhow.... I just think that we should wait for E3 and see what happens.

My god YES people!

Don't listen to neutral, unbiased reviews, listen to the people makeing and selling the product!! They never lie or over-hype!!

Yeah, good post. I too find it stupid that people are trying to judge the game like that. People have hyped and hyped it themselves so much that people seem to think that the game is a real life simulation. Get real. As a game it will be t0p n0tch, no doubt about it. If you see a crazy brick texture that doesnt use supermuper ultra reflect-omatic technologies, and you actually are disappointed because of that... well, shut up, and go look at some Halo 2 promo "screenshots". gg hf wp gl etc, thx

I actually thought it was a pretty poor post. Your making just as much speculation about how good HL2 physics will be etc....

FFS, wait for the game to be released and then make your mind up what you think of it. I actually thought the gamespot hands-on preview was fine, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It just doesn't hype up the game like the 1000's of other articles out there

Marksman of course they have. They may be a lot quieter now since september but they're still hyping it. Just look at the IGN preview (http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p3.html) "In [Half-Life 2] what I really want to do is pull people inside a lot -- get in the jeep and go for a drive on a cliff side, have stuff fall on you, get inside a crane and pick stuff up and drop it on people. I really want to expand your capabilities of what you can manipulate and work with." - that's from Lombardi and he's hyping the physics engine, vehicles and interactivity. It might all be true but it's still hype. I'm sure you can fime more in any preview you care to look at.

That's about everything stupid and useless that have been discussed in a nutshell. I like this post.

Yeah, I guess you could count all these previews as hyping I suppose. But they havnt done anything like this for a long time. Its only recently that magazines and sites have been given permision to say anything new. The NDA was lifted just last month on the 19th. I think they are now starting the hype again.

But appart from just recently they havnt done anything at all.

No that's hyping. Highlighting all the aspects of the game that they're proud of and that they hope will attract people to the game. It's ****ing ridiculous to say that if you want to prove how wonderful HL2 is going to be then ignore neutral previews or reviews.

Im going to play devils advocate here but I somewhat agree with what im about to say.

If you realy think Hl2 is going to be so good then why post in a thread telling people to stfu who disagree with you.

If you were confident with hl2 you wouldnt be posting in this thread.

I personaly think Hl2 will be a great game, best fps in years. but it wont be THE game of all genres put together. IMHO.

Nuada, get over yourself

Fact 1:
No one has neutrally reviewed HL2 cos its not out yet.

Fact 2:
All the Previews ive seen have been positive overall, even though people only got to play 3 short scenes from the game, 2 of which were non-combat. The Print Magazines which were allowed to play more of the game all gave glowing previews.

Fact 3:
People will hype their product, get used to it.

Fact 4:
Valve have a good track record. HL, TFC and CS are all great games. HL was named the best game of all time by a few publications. Therefore, I am more likely to trust Valve to make a good game than I am 'Generic FPS Inc'.

Fact 5:
No one knows enough about HL2 to give a firm opinion of it. So therefore, at the moment, Dont Trust Anybody. Everyone, Valve AND Previewers are equally untrustworthy, for different reasons.

Bigun that's exactly what I'm trying to say! I'm looking forward to HL2 like nothing else. Judging by HL1 I'm pretty confident it'll rock but we have to reserve judgement 'til we play it ourselves. I never said anyone has reviewed it yet, just that saying 'ignore bad or neutral or bad previews and reviews and turn to Valve for proof of HL2's majesty is dumb.

All the skeptics need to stop reading negative things. They should know by now that you're only supposed to read and comment on positive things here. Luckily we have people here that will personally attack these "skeptics" and try to supress their free speech. Thinking for ones self and providing ones opinions that are against the norm will be stamped out immediatly and we can all share one single thought.

I mean the people here who weren't a part of the walkthrough MUST know more about this game than the people who did walkthrough it. How dare those idiot reviewers say a few things that aren't positive. Don't they know this game is highly anticipated. Idiots all of them.

OK Nuada, but then blindly trusting bad previews is just as bad as blindly trusting Valve. Glad were on the same page.

Having said that I lean more towards trusting Valve due to the sheer fun ive had out of their games over the years.

I trust none of them :) Take on board what they say, but don't trust them :)

There is NEVER a problem reading a bad review/preview, except when it is written by a writer who is expressing biased jaded views, that hold no perspective on the game itself.

Writers contradict themselves a lot in previews/reviews, because they throw in spin on an article, based on what they think is right or wrong. Example--using HL2 weapons and saying there/they are too many/much of them. This is a baised view, and honestly does not have anything to do with a game being good/bad. Call it nitpicking, call it spin, call it anything you want. Just make sure you know it is bad writing. Gamespot does this a lot, and you will see what I mean it a much more clear view when they do an in-depth preview on Halo 2.

I just hope you guys can start picking out what is nitpicking and what isn't...because there have been 4-5 topics on this already, and it's laughable.

They have to big up Halo 2, its the only thing exclusive the Crap-Box has going for it....
And I didnt say I totally trust Valve, just I lean towards trusting them due to their track record. Mr Rand-Om Previewer Esquire has no track record with me, and I dont know what his motivations, biases are or anything...

Hype is all good untl it rips your heart out of your chest...wait that's for love...

In this case hype has been partly annoying. They hyped it about a year ago and then said that it wouldn't be ready. It's hard to resiste all the prewieves telling how cool and good looking and how nice physics this game has and not to get hyped.
I'm afraid to get hyped about this game because of what happened back then. Nothing else really...just fear of disappointment.

I still don't subscribe to the idea that VALVe have overly hyped anything... if anything, I think they're slightly worried that if they don't try hard enough to make this the best game they can, it won't have been worth their time. Definately hoping.

"I still don't subscribe to the idea that VALVe have overly hyped anything"

I think lots of lies (September 30th - honest to God. SDK soon - honest to God) count as over hyping something, to be perfectly honest.

EDIT - I don't want this to come across as a flame or anything. I can't wait for the game. However I think Valve have acted with uniform stupidity and saying that their actions haven't over hyped Half-Life 2 seems a little (a lot) silly.

guinny said:
Some of you are so concerned about HL2 being sub-par and not living up to expetations. For christs sake people, STOP LOOKING AT THE ONE NEGATIVE OR EVEN NEUTRAL PIECE OF INFORMATION WE GET MAYBE ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS OPPOSED TO THE 1000's OF GREAT PREVIEWS AND EVERYTHING GABE AND RICK AND ERIC AND WHOEVER ELSE ANSWERED ALL THOSE EMAILS. LOOK BACK AT THE EMAILS IF YOUR SO CONCERNED!

Graphics- YES, the graphics will be just as, if not better, than what we saw in last years E3 videos.

AI - NO, we have NOT seen the AI's potential, if your so concerned about it sucking, read back about 8 months ago when they said all the things AI could do. It's very apparent the E3 demos were STAGED.

Physics - You have to be KIDDING if you don't think HL2 will have the best implemented physics system. The world is obviously 98% interactive, don'

Vehicles and weapons - Your just SAD if your going to call HL2 sub par because its using the weapons from hl. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE NEW WEAPONS, AND ALOT OF THEM. Vehicles, we've seen ONE BUGGY! I'm pretty damn sure we'll be driving alot more than just a buggy...god people get real.

Sorry I felt the need to do this rant. People are already mocking HL2 and knocking it down over one damn article. You guys all completely forgot all the information we received what may seem like, but isn't, a long time ago. Last year, everything we heard and found out about source, IS true. Stop listening to a bunch of idiots who criticize every game that comes out. Have a little damn faith in valve. :angry:

I will now label this thread as pure fanboy gayness :LOL:j/k;) . Wait untill you play the actual game, so that you may have a more substantial argument.

Zapp$ter said:
I actually thought it was a pretty poor post. Your making just as much speculation about how good HL2 physics will be etc....

FFS, wait for the game to be released and then make your mind up what you think of it. I actually thought the gamespot hands-on preview was fine, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It just doesn't hype up the game like the 1000's of other articles out there

Zapp$ter I guess the E3 demos of the physics room, all the bink vids, and all the interviews and emails on physics is making speculation. Good post.*

*Sarcasm for n00b

guinny said:

Just what I wanted to post :)

I'm sorry, but I think the fanatical devotion to the game displayed in the first post is just as bad as the fanatical complaints by others.

Let people have there own opinions. You don't need to cram your own down everyone's throat.

We'll get more info at E3 and then everyone can form their own rational view of the game.

Sheesh.

Neutrino said:
I'm sorry, but I think the fanatical devotion to the game displayed in the first post is just as bad as the fanatical complaints by others.

Let people have there own opinions. You don't need to cram your own down everyone's throat.

We'll get more info at E3 and then everyone can form their own rational view of the game.

Sheesh.

What is it with these idiots and thinking I'm giving my opinion. ITS A FACT MORON. Read all the previews, read all the emails, watch the goddamn videos, check out the screenshots(most of them), read the interviews...how dumb do you have to be to think I'm stating an OPINION. I'm simply telling the less-educated that they shouldn't think the outcome of hl2 will be subpar, it's rediculous.

guinny said:
What is it with these idiots and thinking I'm giving my opinion. ITS A FACT MORON. Read all the previews, read all the emails, watch the goddamn videos, check out the screenshots(most of them), read the interviews...how dumb do you have to be to think I'm stating an OPINION. I'm simply telling the less-educated that they shouldn't think the outcome of hl2 will be subpar, it's rediculous.

No need to be insulting.

And yes one's view of graphical quality is an OPINION.

Back