kazaa firewall getaround?

jonnyapps

Reaction score
Hi, any1 know how to get kazaa to work when I'm on my uni network? At the mo it shows search results but won't download (not enough sources).
Been told I can change my proxy but i don't no what to
cheaz
Jon

Hi,
I'm not to sure, don't use kazza? I hate it, try shareaza.
(delete this post if were not allowed to talk about it)

Rich

Or even better, Direct Connect :)

Sorry m8, cant help you...i only use DC.

Sweet, thanks for the Direct Connect Tip.. I will defenatly sh|tcan Kazaa now :dozey:

Originally posted by L33731
Sweet, thanks for the Direct Connect Tip.. I will defenatly sh|tcan Kazaa now :dozey:

Get direct Connect ++ (DC++), you will be able to join several hubs instead of just one.

Yea I am downloading it now, personally can't stand kazaa.. Not only does it contain spyware ( as does Steam ) but they have contaminated half of the damn songs with an ear jerking sound that is sure to piss anyone off..

Kazaa = Sh|t

Yea I am downloading it now, personally can't stand kazaa.. Not only does it contain spyware ( as does Steam ) but they have contaminated half of the damn songs with an ear jerking sound that is sure to piss anyone off..

Kazaa = Sh|t

You need to share alot with DC you know?

There is some 1-5Gb hubs but they aint so good... the 100Gb+ hubs are teh win :)

Kazaa = Sh|t

Hi,
kazza does have spyware in it, but kazza lite doesn't (well not that last time I used it) nor did K-lite version of kazza.

Steam as far as I know has no spyware?

Originally posted by Majestic XII
You need to share alot with DC you know?

There is some 1-5Gb hubs but they aint so good... the 100Gb+ hubs are teh win

Yes I think you need to share a far bit, last time I used it, you had to share about 10 GB on most hugs, but that was fine, as my music collection is about 40gb so I just shared that.

I would recomend Shareaza tho I find it great. (***.shareaza.com ).

Steam as far as I know has no spyware?

Sorry to do this to you dude.. But steam, does in fact, have spyware in it.. A good hacking friend of mine by the name of j00lz uncoverd it when the Final version of Steam was released.. I will post a link to the thread here a little la8er. but their website is currently receiving numorous Ddos attacks..

Wonder why LOL....

Is direct connect a file sharing program of is it just what it says, a direct connect to another individual machine?

No Direct Connect is a P2P Program, just like Kazaa...

Sorry to do this to you dude.. But steam, does in fact, have spyware in it.. A good hacking friend of mine by the name of j00lz uncoverd it when the Final version of Steam was released.. I will post a link to the thread here a little la8er. but their website is currently receiving numorous Ddos attacks..

Wonder why LOL....

I really wouldn't get this started again. The whole spyware issue was big right when Steam was put out, but there was an explanation for why people found all that stuff in their cache. Honestly I'm too lazy to look for a link, but if you do a search for it you're sure to find something as their were several flame wars having to do with that single topic.

steam and spyware o_O... im on ntfs and i also hexed my cache files => no sign of any ptp files on my drive ..no spyware in steam ;) , though i already tried (and still have installed) several ptp progs. i wonder how many ppl still are on crappy fat32 partitions today ...

btw: use something else than kazaa, or kazaalite, i recommend overnet ;)

I use 3 programs..... am i bad :)

I use Kazaa Lite for downloading something nice and quick, i.e. a song that i can just search for and get the first link that comes up that a million people are sharing.

Bit Torrent for anything that comes out new, like demos and stuff.

DC++ for downloading full albums just by clicking on the folder and getting them all at once.

People say, yeah, only use DC++ its pure 1337 and kazaa is for noobs and suck likes, but on my laptop i only have a 30GB harddrive so i cant get into any of the big hubs, i use my main computer for that.

To be honest, kazaa does have advantages but so does DC++

Get both, there only like 2MB at most :)

The order in which I use stuff:

1. Bittorrent, always look for a torrent.

2. Use G-LO to find BCDC++ hubs with the file

3. Shareza as last resort #1

4. K++ (K-lite) as the absolute last.

edit: and yeah, steam has no spyware, phl had an article on it, something with FAT32 memory or something, i don't remember.

Hi,
The other I use file sharing stuff.

1 - Shareaza (I find this the best - quick/lots of files (also has Bittorrent built in)
2 - Soulseek (Fantastic for music)

hmm, thats it since I formated not installed kazza cuz it sucks :p

Rich

Back