Keyframes

eiric

Reaction score
I was looking at this screenshot:
http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/12.jpg
and as you can see at the top right corner there is an "animation" test with a slider. I guess this means keypoints.

So anyway, I'm not going to ask wheater HL2 will support keypoints for enteties or not, because we don't know that. The thing I want to ask is?
Do you think keypoints is a good thing?
If you have leveledited for Unreal you would know how it's like.
Anybody wants to share anything about keypoints?
Personally I think they are great, really easy to animate cool machinery in a game. =)

Interesing. Thats all I can say at the moment before I start giggling my head off like a little school girl at the possibilities.

It could be as simple as Valve saw something Unreal had and said "Hey thats a good idea" and went from there.

I think it will make it a lot easier to make immersive, lifelike environments. I often feel like the world is a bit too static in older games that lack keyframe animation capabilities.

in the beta if you add a combine it will play the default idil animation, but it dose nothing in the beta... but i looks like it could be used to move entitis around.

You mean the leak. A beta and a leak are different things, and Valve never did an external beta.

Looks like AI_Node objects are still used. Fantastic - I can control where the people will take cover again!

-Angry Lawyer

Back