Killing In The Name of for UK xmas #1

the show’s creator Cowell who angrily described the campaign to him another number one slot as “very Scrooge”.

Earlier in the week he listened to “Killing in the Name” for the first time and described it as “dreadful”.

hehe.

UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I've never rocked so hard to a song in such a long time.

Jon Morter, 35, a part-time rock DJ and logistics expert from South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford, decided it would be a bit of a giggle to start a campaign to encourage people to buy a record with pretty much the opposite vibe to the X Factor winner's ballad. While McElderry urges listeners to "keep the faith", the Rage track is best known for its now-ironic refrain: "**** you, I won't do what you tell me."

[...]

Morter, a big Iron Maiden fan, said the choice of a relatively obscure Miley Cyrus cover for McElderry's single helped the Rage campaign: "If he had released Don't Stop Believing [the Journey song McElderry sang in an X Factor heat] we would have been dead and buried."McElderry took his defeat graciously, saying: "Fair play to the guys who have organised the Facebook campaign – it's been exciting to be part of a much-hyped battle and they definitely deserve congratulations. This time last year I never thought for one minute I'd win The X Factor, never mind having a single out. I'm just delighted to be in the charts."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/dec/20/rage-against-machine-christmas-number-1

At least he was a gracious loser.

Earlier in the week he listened to “Killing in the Name” for the first time and described it as “dreadful”.

What a truly sad sad wanker Cowell is :E

HAHA brilliant! I've just been having rants with various female friends over ZOMG ITS SO ****ING POINTLESS, ITS NOT ABOUT MUSIC! Happy times :D

HAHA brilliant! I've just been having rants with various female friends over ZOMG ITS SO ****ING POINTLESS, ITS NOT ABOUT MUSIC! Happy times :D

Bear in mind they are probably the same sad bitches who wanted Princess Diana turned into a Saint for being well, blonde, skinny and cheated on (oh and she protested Landmines a bit as well). :rolleyes:

censored lyrics yeah stick it to the man!1

Glad RATM won, and love how convenient the lyrics are.

Im disgusted at Radio 2, refusing to play the official xmas number 1 by RATM, but WILL play the karaoke song by Xfactor's winner.

Thats disgusting. Wrong. Pathetic. All the negative words in the dictionary. You cant protest against a number one song when your radio station plays the chart songs.

''At number 2 in the UK charts is X Factor 2009 Winner Joe McElderry's version of The Climb by Miley Cyrus, and at number 1 in the UK charts is...*white noise*...but here's the number 2 song in the UK charts again!''

***king pathetic approach.

Actually that quote was from Joe.

In a couple of years when he 'pop' career has ground to a halt and he finds himself singing RATM at Butlins in some ironic career move, he'll learn to love it like the rest of us :dozey:

I wonder how much money was raised for Shelter by this?

All the money from the sponsored links from the facebook page to buy the track went to it, and RATM say their cut shall too. It'd be nice if Sony were to donate too :p

That's the best thing all about this, Rage saying they'll donate a significant portion of the revenue to shelter. People sitting there saying 'this song isn't christmassy at all' saying it's awful. Well it did a lot more for people out there than Joe's song ever could. Not for a second would Simon think about donating some of the profits.

For the lulz:-

http://www.joe-music.com/forums/viewthread/72717/P0/

The RATM campaign may of got to Number 1 but they will fade and everyone will forget about them. Joe has a fantastic career ahead of him!

:upstare:

I can promise you now, that RATM will NOT be played anywhere near me this Christmas - never heard of them until this silly campaign and i’m thankful I haven’t because they are full of absolute rubbish- call that music and you’re a complete idiot.

:LOL:

That's good since they are donating a significant amount of their money. Also how famous is RATM. All my university friends know RATM. But I must say it is surprising Simon never heard of the band.

The population of Britain now seem officially a few points less worthless than prior.

Haha basically EVERYONE I know knows Rage, they were one of the most popular bands of the late 90s, and then you had the side projects like Audioslave which were HUGE also.

Haha the fact they thought Rage would 'forgotten' even they are already a veteran band with a massive fanbase behind them, and that Joe would have some amazing career ahead of him, just states they really don't have opinion whatsoever on the matter. Joe didn't get number one because a lot of the country, i.e. the sane people, absolutely despise the x factor and everything it stands for.

Wow I actually want slap everyone on that forum very hard, if Joe didn't want the massive backlash from the population endangering his so-called career of singing songs he didn't even write, then he shouldn't have joined that bastard show and tried to establish himself properly, like the real bands out there have to do, years and years and years of torment, because its those that get the respect and last at the end of the day. You made your bed Joe, so ****ing well lie in it! haha.

Joe has done an amazing job no matter what and was extremely courteous to RATM throughout. I hate that he didn’t get to number 1, but I’m still going to buy everything that Joe releases

my god.

Who thinks Rage's other song, Wake Up is appropriate in this situation.

I think the song 'Bullet In Your Head' is a lot more appropriate tbh.

Back