Killzone 2 or Halo 3

It was better than most give it credit for. Infact, there were one or two levels that were excellent. Unfortunately half were average/poor. I did enjoy co-op, though, even on the crappier missions.

Well, I just didn't find it fun. Too old school, maybe. I like a good story, and it didn't deliver. That said, the nightclub was all kinds of awesome.

Halo isn't very good, but it's to killzone what Hl2 is to Halo.
Killzone is together with Jak II one of my most hated games of all time.
It"s like the creators have no concept of the idea of fun, pretty much every design desicion made in that game is wrong and counter fun, from the aiming to the leveldesign.
I'd rather do calculus then play Killzone.

Halo isn't very good, but it's to killzone what Hl2 is to Halo.
Killzone is together with Jak II one of my most hated games of all time.
It"s like the creators have no concept of the idea of fun, pretty much every design desicion made in that game is wrong and counter fun, from the aiming to the leveldesign.
I'd rather do calculus then play Killzone.

Killzone is pretty average, so I can see how you would feel that way, but how could Jak 2 possibly be one of your most hated games? That game was great, one of my favorite platformers ever. I had so much fun playing through that game, it made me a huge fan of Naughty Dog. Jak 3 was damn good too.

I can understanding maybe not loving it or even liking it ... but there's nothing to hate.

Halo 3. If I can't bomb Bungie for making an atrocious cliffhanger ending, I can... buy their games? No, wait...

I played about 10 minutes of killzone 1, and I just didn't care for it to much. It was pretty (for the ps2), but it was just to clunky for my liking. However, after the dissapointment that was halo 2, I'd gladly give killzone 2 the first spin

Killzone is pretty average, so I can see how you would feel that way, but how could Jak 2 possibly be one of your most hated games? That game was great, one of my favorite platformers ever. I had so much fun playing through that game, it made me a huge fan of Naughty Dog. Jak 3 was damn good too.

I can understanding maybe not loving it or even liking it ... but there's nothing to hate.

I thinks it's an absolutely dreadfull game in almost every gameplay related aspect you can imagine. Just like Killzone it's devoid of any fun and interesting challange and every design desicion made is wrong on so many levels.

Lets begin with the vehicles, they are absolutely dreadfull to drive, it's like icescating with a dodge charger, to make matters worse the streets are very very narrow and packed with other vehicles, so you can't even get up to speed. The city itself is purely designed to make it as difficult and cumbersome as possible to get from point A to point B. In any kind of race or pursuit you are just bouncing like a pinnball until your car explodes.

Every attack on you does not only do damage it's also utterly annoying and just slows and disruptes the game flow.
The camera can be very annoying, I especially remember a part where you had to avoid big red balls, thta the camera made dreadfully shitty. Ooh and often you will have enemies shooting at you from angles you cannot see, I remember one part that was near those parts very well, where you had to cross platforms that move 90% and you were getting shot at from places you could not see, and even if you could the autoaim suck monkey balls.

The level design lacks in many way's, first of all it's very very very hard, and not in a fun way Like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, hell not even Viewtiful Joe. It's difficult because the smallest mistakes lead to death, and they are very very easly to make, especially in a 3D platformer. And offcourse the tinyest mistakes makes you have to do a whole ****ing section all over again. The challanges should be interesting and fun, the challange should not be in struggeling with controls. And fighting games can get away with having shitty saves because the fun is in the fighting itself and thanx to the AI every fight is different enough so it takes a while before a section becomes boring. But a platformer with fixed traps and platform challanges is not fun when you have to do a section for the 50x in a row.

Jak II is a big pile of dog poo imo, especially when compared to games like Psychonauts, PoP, and even it's close brother, the ever so fun Ratchet and Clank.

As far as Killzone go's that game is just as ****ed up. First the Aiming, you would think they would get a hint from halo and add a slight autoaim, and or just a bigger ritacle so aiming is a lot more funn, instead of a struggle with the dammed controlls. And Sniper aiming deserves a special mention since that seems to have been made intentionally very very cumbersome. I mean getting the center on a target is much more luck then practice.

And the level design, you will often find your self under an open sky and yet somehow they managed to make it as narrow and claustrophobic as doom3. And then there are just some very stupid psychological desicions in the levels. Like on time you have 2 clear and open paths, and one you cannot take, and they did not put a wall or a lot of debriss blocking that path, not it just has a 10 cm(4 inches) high ledge of a sidewalk that is apparently blocking your way, and there are more situations like that troughout the game. The design itself also lacks any strategic possobilities when fighting enemies. So in short, you basicly struggling with the controls while navigating cumbersome levels and fighting annoying enemies.

Now halo is not particularly good, but at least it's solid.

This doesn't really have much to do with Killzone, but rather the PS2 in general. The controller is a good design, but the thumbstick placement sucks for shooter games. For me, I have to turn my hands and position my thumbs in an awkward position. It's fine for a while, but then my hands will start to hurt.

I love the design of the 360 controller. IMO, it's perfect. It fits comfortably in my hand, and I don't have to turn my hands in a weird way to use both thumbsticks.

360 controller > ps2/3 > Xbox controller s

Jak isn't too bad....I got very, very bored of it. Missions were way too long.

This doesn't really have much to do with Killzone, but rather the PS2 in general. The controller is a good design, but the thumbstick placement sucks for shooter games. For me, I have to turn my hands and position my thumbs in an awkward position. It's fine for a while, but then my hands will start to hurt.

I love the design of the 360 controller. IMO, it's perfect. It fits comfortably in my hand, and I don't have to turn my hands in a weird way to use both thumbsticks.

360 controller > ps2/3 > Xbox controller s

Yeah, the biggest credit I can give the 360 is that the controller feels great.

I hate PS2's controller though, unless I'm playing an RPG or something.

360 controller is excellent. It's comfortable and easy. The PS2 controller is awful, hate the shape.

I thinks it's an absolutely dreadfull game in almost every gameplay related aspect you can imagine.

Lets begin with the vehicles, they are absolutely dreadfull to drive.

Man, what a colourful vocabulary.*cough*sarcasm*cough*(Oh and dreadful is spelled wrong, I'd let it go...but you did it twice.)

Man, what a colourful vocabulary.*cough*sarcasm*cough*(Oh and dreadful is spelled wrong, I'd let it go...but you did it twice.)
Judging by your last... oh, 74 posts, I'd say you're in no position to criticise anyone's spelling :p

On a more serious note, if the only argument you can back yourself up with is to criticise the other's grammar or spelling, I'd say you're arguing on the side of nothing but principle (i.e. you can no longer disprove the other's logic).
Me, I'm surprised you could muster up the phrase "colourful vocabulary", but as you've improved your English by about three billion percent in the past week, that's no longer here nor there :)

On-topic... or at least somewhat: Resistance, by way of that preview, looks fantastic. And the fact that it's being developed by the studio that put out the Ratchet & Clank series really surprised me. It's good to see developers that can create games in more than one genre.

I thinks it's an absolutely dreadfull game in almost every gameplay related aspect you can imagine. Just like Killzone it's devoid of any fun and interesting challange and every design desicion made is wrong on so many levels.

Lets begin with the vehicles, they are absolutely dreadfull to drive, it's like icescating with a dodge charger, to make matters worse the streets are very very narrow and packed with other vehicles, so you can't even get up to speed. The city itself is purely designed to make it as difficult and cumbersome as possible to get from point A to point B. In any kind of race or pursuit you are just bouncing like a pinnball until your car explodes.

Every attack on you does not only do damage it's also utterly annoying and just slows and disruptes the game flow.
The camera can be very annoying, I especially remember a part where you had to avoid big red balls, thta the camera made dreadfully shitty. Ooh and often you will have enemies shooting at you from angles you cannot see, I remember one part that was near those parts very well, where you had to cross platforms that move 90% and you were getting shot at from places you could not see, and even if you could the autoaim suck monkey balls.

The level design lacks in many way's, first of all it's very very very hard, and not in a fun way Like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, hell not even Viewtiful Joe. It's difficult because the smallest mistakes lead to death, and they are very very easly to make, especially in a 3D platformer. And offcourse the tinyest mistakes makes you have to do a whole ****ing section all over again. The challanges should be interesting and fun, the challange should not be in struggeling with controls. And fighting games can get away with having shitty saves because the fun is in the fighting itself and thanx to the AI every fight is different enough so it takes a while before a section becomes boring. But a platformer with fixed traps and platform challanges is not fun when you have to do a section for the 50x in a row.

Jak II is a big pile of dog poo imo, especially when compared to games like Psychonauts, PoP, and even it's close brother, the ever so fun Ratchet and Clank.

Well ... for starters I disagree with just about every sentence in that entire post (except for the stuff about Killzone).

First of all the vehicles were excellently designed and very skill based. The whole idea was a finding a balance between gunning it and constantly switch between the upper and lower level to get through quickly. This, like many other facets of the game, was a true skill that improved the further you got into the game. At first I was bouncing off of walls and other vehicles like everyone else, by the end of the game I was a true pro skillfully maneuvering through the tight quarters and constant traffic. That's just good game design.

I don't remember having any problem with the camera at all. It's a normal third person camera, like most games have. Not only that, but with combat the guns auto lock-on, so you can start firing and then the camera will auto focus to where you can see everything. With the platforming elements the camera was placed to accent the challenge, to force you to react faster or whatever. It was about as good as it can possibly be.

And yes, it's pretty hard, but it's also very skill based. It isn't trial and error, the game always gives you a chance to avoid certain death the first time. I love that, it's a game where if you die, it's always your fault. It's just so expertly designed and polished ... the game is a true testament of skill. There is one simple fact that pervades throughout all the Jak games: if you died, you just weren't good enough, now try again. Not only that, when you die the game pops you right back up usually only a minute or two back, with no loading times. Oh yeah, there are no loading times EVER.

Finally, I have to say that all the other games you mention as being better are far worse than the Jak series IMO. When people talk about simple, fun, intuitive games ... this is the series I think of. In my personal opinion, it even has all Nintendo games beat in this category. Naughty Dog are truly the best platformer developers right now.

Halo 3.

For everything that was wrong with Halo 2 (and there was a lot), I still had fun with it. Granted, that was mostly due to the coop, but fun is fun. Despite a shitty ending, having no innovation at all, and being more like Halo 1.5 than an actual sequel, I'd be lying if I said I didn't regret my purchase. I think the only reason it left a bad taste in my mouth for so long was due to dealing with zealous, brain-dead fanboys whose total gaming experience is GTA and the Halo series. Bungie's talented, and I think they could redeem themselves. Oh yeah, and GameSpy, the big ****ing leader of gaming journalism were ****ing morons when it came to their GOTY, affirming to sensible people that they are stupid ****ing halfwits.

Killzone 2? **** it. **** that stupid shit. The original was piss and there's no reason to think the sequel will be any better. The PS3 needed a killer app, so they trotted out an FMV video that demonstrates no gameplay or even a game. Just an idea of what Killzone 2 might-maybe-perhaps-on the off chance turn into when they develop something actually worth showing. But don't say it right away! Lead everybody on into believing this is displaying pure PS3 power, arming your faithful with whoreshit and let the pricks at Eurogamer fawn all over you, even though everybody should ****ing know better considering all the smoke and mirrors involved with the PS2.
Killzone 2 can go choke on a ****ing giant leper cock.

Power of: MEDIOCRITY! Power of: OBSOLESCENCE! Combine to create: A PILE OF **** NOBODY CARES ABOUT!

Anyway, I generally don't trust the hype anymore.

Judging by your last... oh, 74 posts, I'd say you're in no position to criticise anyone's spelling :p

On a more serious note, if the only argument you can back yourself up with is to criticise the other's grammar or spelling, I'd say you're arguing on the side of nothing but principle (i.e. you can no longer disprove the other's logic).
Me, I'm surprised you could muster up the phrase "colourful vocabulary", but as you've improved your English by about three billion percent in the past week, that's no longer here nor there :)

On-topic... or at least somewhat: Resistance, by way of that preview, looks fantastic. And the fact that it's being developed by the studio that put out the Ratchet & Clank series really surprised me. It's good to see developers that can create games in more than one genre.

That was my brother who was on before!:)

Cock Kneegrow Cock Cok Coc Cock I Haet Penis Fudgebutt Fk Fk Fk Fk Liez Fku Fku Cock Cok

No...My brother was honestly on. Why would I lie for no reason at all? I also almost got kick off my teachers forum because he told some kid to "munch his cock".

You'd lie to save yourself.

...from Jeff Goldblum.

Maybe his "Brother" is his alternate side of his personality!!!!

Seriously, Killer7. If it's your brother, change your password. Or get a new username, and never let us know that it's you, and don't be a 1337 h4x0r wh0 74lk5 l1k3 7h15 4ll 7h3 71m3.

Killzone was never a good game, it got bad reviews and well... sucked. The only reason people go on about it so much is because of the KZ2 PS3 video. Its very rare the company has every made an 'amazing' game so I would definatly go with Halo3 although I thought Halo2 was a bit shobby.

If anyone here thinks that Killzone 2 is going to be better than Halo 3, you seriously haven't learned from history.

And if you think that video of Killzone 2 is actual gameplay, I don't even want to talk to you.

Back