Kingdom Hearts and others like it...is it too late?

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So my friend brought me a bunch of games I never played when I was younger that he said i "must play." Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 are amongst them. Before I even start playing them, is it too late for me to appreciate these games? I know growing up people loved them, but I feel like I might have missed the boat. What do you think? Should I eat up a ton of my time going through old games like this so I can finally see what everyone is talking about? Or has my time passed? :rolling:

No way, you should definitely play them, they're amazing games. If I had a working Playstation I'd be replaying them.

No, you're too old to be playing video games. Get a job,a wife, and make a child for Christs sake.

I really disliked them, but that's probably because it's two styles/settings/whatever I extremely dislike shoved together into one. I'm in the minority, though.

Hope you like button mashing.

(They're pretty entertaining though, no lie.)

If I could tell my young self one thing, it would be 'go back through the door you just went through'. ****ing stupid design.

Yeah, they're alright. But as Bad^Hatnhedges says, MASH MASH MASH

I absolutely used to love Kingdom Hearts, so yes play them.

It's true there is a lot of button mashing to be had but it never really got annoying for me. The Kingdom Hearts games always bought out my inner child. My only complaint with the games is that unless you play the Hand held sequel to Kingdom Hearts (which I didn't as I didn't have the hand held at the time) the second one will be a bit confusing. It baffled me why they decided to release the sequels like that.

^
Square Enix has a shit tonne of fanboys and Nintendo has a shit tonne of fanboys. Which means they can pretty much do whatever they want and it will be successful. They could literally take a dump in a box, ship it and their fans would somehow defend it.

You will get lost in the plot. Most Square Enix games develope a stand point for the story, where can relate to the characters and familiarise yourself with the world. But the Kingdom Hearts, the mind **** starts when you hit play.

Don't play Kingdom Hearts, play Thief: the Dark Project instead.

They could literally take a dump in a box, ship it and their fans would somehow defend it.

ql41d.jpg

Back