Kirk Cameron to give away 50,000 copies of edited ver of Darwin's OoS to universities

You're not born a human being with an inherent sense of right and wrong and overall morality, you're taught to be a human being by those around you.
I don't think it's quite as simple at that. Sure the bulk of your morals will be influenced by your parents and society in general but I feel that the overall progression of morality comes from people being, very generally speaking, "good" at heart (or at least wanting to appear good).

I don't think it's quite as simple at that. Sure the bulk of your morals will be influenced by your parents and society in general but I feel that the overall progression of morality comes from people being, very generally speaking, "good" at heart (or at least wanting to appear good).

I'd say the progression of a collective morality and 'good acts' comes down to the ever increasing global awareness that the world doesn't revolve simply around us and our everyday lives.

Things like the extermination of the Dodo made the news back in their day, and suddenly made people aware of things they might not ordinarily have cared about. People felt the shame of having wiped out a species that was no threat to us, and it changed perceptions.

Oh shit, I just remembered this.

Whatever happened with this?

Does anybody know?

Oh shit, I just remembered this.

Whatever happened with this?

Does anybody know?

I was handed one about 2 months ago at Uni, but since I was in a hurry I couldn't rip it up in front of her. She was fat too, if that matters.:bounce:

It's probably worth mentioning that she was fat

There were some funny stories on the news or something about this. There was also a youtube video of someone crushing Kirk Cameron's arguments with bold logic. Also funny.

Back