Kudos to Valve for the delay......the game will only be better.

Originally posted by Runteh
Its quite funny how you all slated the people who said it was delayed and banned them from the forums, when they were actually correct.
No, they were banned because the forum administrators specifically requested that people not make new delay threads and instead use existing ones. It was clearly stated that failure to comply was a bannable offense.

I already got halo for the pc... just released :) FAiRLiGHT owns!

Originally posted by ferd
Yes, but we have to keep in mind that sometimes during playtesting bugs appear...heavy bugs sometimes, i reckon thats what hapenned
It is highly unlikely that they encountered a showstopper in the last week of playtesting severe enough to set them back two months. Surely, a bug of that magnitude would have been discovered much, much earlier.

Keep in mind, too, that word of the delay started circulating months ago, so it would seem that Valve was not only aware of but planning for this delay for some time.

People were "slated" because the same topic (delays, delays) was being posted over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Second off - there was no evidence at the time (before the official delay announcement) to prove there really was going to be a delay. It was all speculation, people with their "special insider sources", and constant "this vendor/retail chain changed their date to [date here]".

The closing and bans had to be done because it was outrageous. Now the same people are coming back to gloat, which is pathetic and immature. We don't need that here at the HL2.net forums, and they don't tolerate it. I love these forums!

Yet you all replied with things such as 'it wont be delayed' etc... forums are about views, some people made some intelligent comments about why there would be delays, sure there were some really pointless posts and they diserved to be banned...

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

There is no need to defend HL2, if its good it will prove the doubters wrong, but it its not it might prove you wrong... people should think before they post and reply. But people should not be put down for an intelligent view of the situation... forums are about open views

Im not talking about admins mind, being an admin myself I know that alot of forum topics are closed due to the community becoming upset with a post, which kind of forces an admin into closing a topic...

I'm looking forward to HL2 more than anything, but try and take a neutral view of the world, its alot more healthy.

Back