L-85 A1

waedoe

Reaction score
here is a [WIP] shot of it about 50% done its at a poly count of 1500 as we speak.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 412
good start. :) alot of people model this gun for some reason.

...surely not because it's a good rifle :p

Anyways, the render looks very cool.

they model it because this is the only place wher eit works properly :p

acctually compared to the m-16 and m-4 families this gun is never modeled

update 2500 polies still have some things to add then there will be ALOT of optimizing :LOL:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 234
Rupertvdb said:
would i get butchered if i said 'isn't that an SA80?'
The names are interchangeable.

The model looks pretty good. Perhaps a render with a better lightsource would help?

ankalar said:
The names are interchangeable.

The model looks pretty good. Perhaps a render with a better lightsource would help?

i suck at renderin all i know is clay rendering so ill try but other wise no :(

finished 2500 polies roughly i know the wire frame is messy but im working on it :dozey:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 241
yep, really nice work there man. if you needed to, you could take the detail off the other side of the reciever, to lower that count, as well as maybe squaring us the handle, as it would be under the hand. other than that, it have little to say other than well done.

Such a cool looking gun.

I reckon it should replace the OICW in HL2. :)

If I were to model this, I'd probably end up around 70k-110k polies, but that's just me:)

I love this gun, started modeling it, but it still lurks around a harddrive somewhere. I like your model, but a more decent render would do. Try a simple 3-point with GI. If you don't know how... now is the time.

I reckon it should replace the OICW in HL2

The OICW shouldn't be anywhere in this universe... in HL2 replaced with G36 :p machine pistols usually do not quite fulfill the war-purpose... and city 17 will definitely be at war :D

Reaperman said:
ahem...

ppsh.jpg

^--- singlehandedly beat nazi germany

lol maybe in COD, russia couldnt produce enough bullets to fuel the war, thats why they lost like 10 for every german killed. any ways russia couldnt have gotten into germany had the allies landed on D-Day.

waedoe said:
lol maybe in COD, russia couldnt produce enough bullets to fuel the war, thats why they lost like 10 for every german killed. any ways russia couldnt have gotten into germany had the allies landed on D-Day.

That is a big "what if" statement, but the only real reason Russia wasn't over run was because Germany was ill equipped for the Russian winter, the Russians came up with the t34, a tank that could be built and maintained very easily but could stand it's own against any German tank, bar the Tiger, and the huge amount of Soviet troops that were willing to fight and die for their country.

Anyway, i see it more a long the lines of, if it wasn't for the Soviets, the allies wouldn't of even got off the beach head.

And also, i very much doubt that the pictured gun could win any war, let alone fight against heavily armed, equipped and trained German soldiers.

Razor said:
and the huge amount of Soviet troops that were willing to fight and die for their country.

more like forced.lol if you turn back you will die, and if you march forwards you have a 5% chance of survival. If you turn back you will only die tired.

Going back on topic however.....

Nice model, but then again I am a big fan of the SA-80 (L85 whatever) and it is reliable, a study came out showing that it does work but the soldiers were carrying out inadequate maintenance on it.

OCIW isn't quite a machine pistol..

I was talking about the MP-7 :D I don't count the OICW as a weapon in HL2... :D

Reaperman: Wow, I wonder why none of the western modern armies use this thing!

Offtopic: waedoe, way to take your speculation purely from Enemy at the Gates...

Ontopic: Nice model indeed :)

Nice model, but sorry to be a pain :)

Something bout the Magazine placement looks off to me...

Still its good, I like it

Back