LA Noire coming to PC!

You must be some sort of psychic troll prodigy.

Its a reference to his title, you know youre a pretty useless contributor to all things? I mean Krynns mostly just barking but sometimes reason escapes even his muzzle, with you its pretty much trolling and snark

Its a reference to his title, you know youre a pretty useless contributor to all things? I mean Krynns mostly just barking but sometimes reason escapes even his muzzle, with you its pretty much trolling and snark

No, seriously, you're full of shit.

No, seriously, you're full of shit.

@GreatEmperor: Seconded, you're more deserving of Krynn's title. At least he's articulate and makes a moderate amount of sense. We're not trolling, you actually make yourself sound stupid.

I have to decipher your posts to uncover any kind of message or meaning.

First Red Dead Redemption and now LA Noire. This can't be a coincidence. What the ****'s going at Rockstar?

Might be worth to point out that Team Bondi isn't owned by Rockstar, it is independent. Brendan is as is said in the IGN article, the founder of the studio, he's not an employee of Rockstar.

The IGN article also made it clear that these troubles existed before Rockstar got involved, so once again I don't think you can put the blame for this on Rockstar.

That might partly be why the IGN article also doesn't even mention Rockstar in the context, since Rockstar doesn't own Team Bondi in any way and hence doesn't really have full say over how Brendan decides to run his own company.

And L.A. Noire had been in development for several years before Rockstar picked up the publishing right and started help with the development of the title.

Who owns the I.P though I wonder? Or the tech to it.

Wondering about sequels etc

I am unsure, I'd be surprised however if Rockstar owned the IP wholly.

As for the tech, I know the engine is in-house at Bondi, that's part of the reason why the game ran worse on the 360 than on the PS3, it had been developed for several years solely for the PS3.

@GreatEmperor: Seconded, you're more deserving of Krynn's title. At least he's articulate and makes a moderate amount of sense. We're not trolling, you actually make yourself sound stupid.

I have to decipher your posts to uncover any kind of message or meaning.

Bwahahahaha Im starting to think Im not part of the club yet...

the full of shit club

But they did the same damn thing with Gears of War, it was hyped to hell for Xbox, people bought an Xbox mostly for it, then released an "improved" version a year later for PC. The PC version wasnt as much of an abortion as the Xbox one but it was still old news at the time of release. This game is optimized for consoles to where I dont see the point of releasing a PC version. They will still do the Epic douchebag move of blaming the platform itself when it doesnt sell well

But they did the same damn thing with Gears of War, it was hyped to hell for Xbox, people bought an Xbox mostly for it, then released an "improved" version a year later for PC. The PC version wasnt as much of an abortion as the Xbox one but it was still old news at the time of release. This game is optimized for consoles to where I dont see the point of releasing a PC version. They will still do the Epic douchebag move of blaming the platform itself when it doesnt sell well

Except that Rockstar's ported-to-pc games have consistently sold well, so well, there goes your entire argument. Or at least, I think there goes your argument, because I'm still not sure what your point is. Its hard to tell because it almost seems like your point is that pc ports dont make enough money to be worth it, which, you know, would be a really misinformed opinion.

Its hard to tell because it almost seems like your point is that pc ports dont make enough money to be worth it, which, you know, would be a really misinformed opinion.
Surely his point is that developers hold aloft whatever supposedly puny sales figures on the PC to justify not doing PC ports? That they rely on misinformed consumers to just shrug and say 'oh well, I guess the PC version just isn't worth it for them'.

Hmmm, might check it out. LAN looks somewhat more interesting than Grand Theft Equine.

Except that Rockstar's ported-to-pc games have consistently sold well, so well, there goes your entire argument. Or at least, I think there goes your argument, because I'm still not sure what your point is. Its hard to tell because it almost seems like your point is that pc ports dont make enough money to be worth it, which, you know, would be a really misinformed opinion.

You have any sales figures there mutt? But I am not saying PC games dont sell well, I am saying that PC as the primary or even, dare I hope it, only platform are being sabotaged. Whatever sales they do manage to wrangle dont represent the market that exists. All games are optimized for consoles nowadays. I cant even remember the last game that knew how to make good mouse aiming, it certainly wasnt Bioshock

Back