Lagging at cutscenes in ep2

stewe231

Reaction score
Hey, when ever I got to when the forts use the extract to heal Alyx, I start lagging to like 1 fps and at the end of the game it starts lagging when
The advisors come
untill the end.

i am having the same problem, from what i hear, it has something to do with the nvidia graphics drivers, that is assuming you have a nvidia card, many other people on other forums are having the same problem. That's what I heard. I posted a support request this morning, so hopefully when I get home, or sometime tomorrow, Steam will have responded.

I had the same problem. I fixed the first cutscene by saving my game during the cutscene, closing the game, and reloading it later. Unfortunately, it didn't work for the last cutscene.

i dont have that problem and at but im using the 94.24 drivers. i just dislike the new drivers.

Im just about to go into the final battle here and I havent had a bit of lag for the whole game!

I tried updating nvidia drivers to BETA, which helped some, fps went from 1 to 2 :E lowered, all of the graphics settings, didnt make any difference.

I had the same problem. I fixed the first cutscene by saving my game during the cutscene, closing the game, and reloading it later. Unfortunately, it didn't work for the last cutscene.

This however works, but I did it differently. So it must be a bug in the game due to hardware incompatibility. I'm sure valve will get an update. In the mean I time, update each driver you've got, you never know.

I am currently looking at my event logs for hardware data. Also, I suggest, if you happen to be overclocking your CPU, don't, this maybe far-fetched, but its worth a try too.

oh no, I would probably experience those errors too. I have the latest drivers :(

Back